A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Malyugin ring ?? - dawn

Posted: Sep 07, 2010

A Malyugin ring was used to dilate the pupil.

I cannot find this spelling and was wondering if anyone has heard of it.

Malyugin Ring - see message

[ In Reply To ..]
Couldn't verify this through Tessier's Surgical Word Book, but I Googled it and got this:

The Malyugin Ring pupil expander is a one-piece temporary implant to assist the surgeon with mechanical dilation of a small pupil...

thank you :) - dawn

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Koh/KOH Ring
Jun 19, 2012

With regard to a lap hysterectomy dictator uses a Koh/KOH ring... is this capped or not... my Stedmans OB and Surg word books have Koh colpotomixer system so that is what I used, but QA just nailed me for not using KOH... any opinions? ...

S/l Homedal Ring
Jun 04, 2010

This is a well-child check.  Doctor says "GU exam shows normal-appearing female genitalia.  s/l homidal ring is intact.      ...

Ring Of One Fracture
May 26, 2012

Anyone heard of ring of one? fracture. ...

S/l Dajen-ah-ring Adenoma
Sep 02, 2011

full sentence:  The thyroid ultrasound basically demonstrated large cystic mass arising from the left thyroid lobe, most secondary to _____ adenoma and 1 small right nodule in the right thyroid gland that could also correlage with a _____ adenoma.    Thank you!! ...

Eye Surgery ___ Ring For Fixation
May 31, 2012

s/l Borhes ring for fixation... I hate blanks!  And I have this come up and cannot get the office to confirm the proper term.  Any ideas? ...

For Mitral Vale Used A S/l Tune Ring
Aug 19, 2010

Mitral valve annuloplasty using a 39 s/l "tune" ring.  I have tried tuen, toonen and never heard of it.  Any ideas?  Thanks ...

GU Exam On Young Male S/l Smoral Ring
Jan 27, 2010

Gu exam on 9 year old. s/l smoral ring was palpated and no masses felt. ...

Fissure Ring In Patella Cartilage? Ortho
Jul 10, 2012

Can there be a full thickness fissure ring in the patella cartilage? Is there such thing as a fissure ring? ...

Lukay Or Lookay Ring Instrument Used For Spinal Surgery (sm)
Dec 06, 2010

sounds like lookey or lukey..can't find anywhere.  TIA ...

A Medium Size "co Ring" ?
Jun 19, 2012

Dr is doing an LAVH - thank you! ...

"Rim" Enhancing Cystic Foci ...I Have Always Heard Ring-enhancing.
Sep 21, 2010

:) ...