A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Inflammation of calcaneal bursa - sb

Posted: Oct 17, 2010

This dr is coughing into the mic while she's dictating this portion, so I have no idea what she is trying to say...she is describing an xray for a patient with polyarthralgia.  "The x-ray of her left foot, 3/09, showed tibiotalar joint effusion, subcutaneous edema superficial to the medial malleolus without evidence of internal derangement.  S/l fluid in the s/l metrocane calcaneal bursa suggesting mild inflammation, as well as the fluid in the posterior tibial and flexor digital s/l ob sheaths."  

I'm not sure if 'metrocane' was just a slip and I'm pretty sure 'ob' is part of one or both words before and after it.  Thanks for any ideas you have!

If dictator is coughing and words are obscured, best to leave a blank - and not guess

[ In Reply To ..]
Never guess as to what you "think" it might be.

Similar Messages:

Help With Drug, S/l Thatador (to Help With Eye Inflammation)
Jun 27, 2011

It s/l like either Vatador or Thatador.  Thanks!  ...

S/l Insporative Bursa
May 03, 2010

I think she has got a mild bunionette with an s/l asporative bursa around it. tia. ...

Help Please...s/l ANI Bursa (see Message)
Mar 25, 2012

My shift is almost over and my mind is shutting down early... ...fluid in the (s/l ANI) bursa near the right tibial tuberosity. Many thanks for any help...I'm sure it's probably something obvious that I'm just not picking up at this late hour, lol! ...

Voshell Bursa?
Aug 24, 2012

I did search and found some results in Google, but they don't seem to be too reliable in terms of being credible, so I'm not 100% confident if what I heard is right. There isn't much in context other than, "It seems to be concentrated in the s/l Voshell bursal region. She is tender over that bursa significantly." Is this right? ...

EGD--two Large Areas Of "fingers' Of Inflammation
Feb 24, 2011

in the esophagus!   Fingers??  ...

Calcaneal Plate
Oct 08, 2012

Is there a Synthes Tampa plate? I cannot find this anywhere. Help! ...

Calcaneal Apophysis Or Epiphysis?
Aug 03, 2010

I should know this but the meanings seem to be similar. ...

Nonunited Calcaneal Fracture?
Sep 29, 2010

I have heard of ununited fractures, but it clearly sounds like this dr. is saying "nonunited calcaneal fracture/resorption, metallic prosthesis."  Should I change that to ununited? ...

Pro-ridgal Calcaneal Bursitis?
Oct 09, 2010

I'm having trouble figuring out what this doc is dictating.  She's describing the patient's foot pain, "AVN left foot, cellulitis, tendinopathy, plantar calcaneal heel spur, s/l pro-ridgal calcaneal bursitis.  She stumbles over the word so I'm not sure if the whole word was a mistake or what exactly. ...

Calcaneal "boo"??
May 07, 2010

Patient diagnosed with tibial tendinitis.  Dictated: "Question calcaneal (s/l "boo") versus stress fracture." This is normally a very clear dictator, but I cannot figure out what she meant.  It almost sounds like "booth".  Any ideas? ...