A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Pro-ridgal calcaneal bursitis? - jv

Posted: Oct 09, 2010

I'm having trouble figuring out what this doc is dictating.  She's describing the patient's foot pain, "AVN left foot, cellulitis, tendinopathy, plantar calcaneal heel spur, s/l pro-ridgal calcaneal bursitis.  She stumbles over the word so I'm not sure if the whole word was a mistake or what exactly.

Nevermind...she said it more clearly further on in the dictation. I was retrocalcaneal. - jv

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Ortho Word - Prepatella Bursitis Or Is It Always Prepatellar Bursitis?
Aug 29, 2011

Is the correct phrase ever prepatella bursitis or is it always prepatellar bursitis?  Doc is saying the first one.  ...

Calcaneal Plate
Oct 08, 2012

Is there a Synthes Tampa plate? I cannot find this anywhere. Help! ...

Calcaneal Apophysis Or Epiphysis?
Aug 03, 2010

I should know this but the meanings seem to be similar. ...

Nonunited Calcaneal Fracture?
Sep 29, 2010

I have heard of ununited fractures, but it clearly sounds like this dr. is saying "nonunited calcaneal fracture/resorption, metallic prosthesis."  Should I change that to ununited? ...

Inflammation Of Calcaneal Bursa
Oct 17, 2010

This dr is coughing into the mic while she's dictating this portion, so I have no idea what she is trying to say...she is describing an xray for a patient with polyarthralgia.  "The x-ray of her left foot, 3/09, showed tibiotalar joint effusion, subcutaneous edema superficial to the medial malleolus without evidence of internal derangement.  S/l fluid in the s/l metrocane calcaneal bursa suggesting mild inflammation, as well as the fluid in the posterior tibial and flexor digital ...

Shoulder Pain S/l "emptysitis" Versus Bursitis
Apr 16, 2010

Nontender bicipital tendon.  Nontender acromioclavicular joint.  Nontender over the trapezius.  A:  Likely emptisytis of the supraspinatus tendon versus possible bursitis.  ...

Calcaneal "boo"??
May 07, 2010

Patient diagnosed with tibial tendinitis.  Dictated: "Question calcaneal (s/l "boo") versus stress fracture." This is normally a very clear dictator, but I cannot figure out what she meant.  It almost sounds like "booth".  Any ideas? ...