A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Hep locked - Lynn

Posted: Oct 09, 2010

"Her IV was hep locked."  Is this hyphenated?  Is it hep or Hep? 

Thanks in advance...

I would hyphenate hep-locked - but see message

[ In Reply To ..]
Hep-Lock is a brand name (made by Baxter).

So if that is what they are referring to (the actual brand name), it would be typed as "hep-locked." Same as the situation with Steri-Strips, the surgeon "placed Steri-Strips," but "the wound was steri-stripped."

But a lot of dictators also use this as slang, shortening up "heparin lock." So if your account does not allow slang, you could put this as "heparin locked." Or if slang is allowed, type it as hep-locked.

Hope this helps.

Similar Messages:

IS EVERYONE LOCKED OUT?
Nov 04, 2010

typing along with no problems and then get kicked off and cannot get back on.  Qcare ticket sent -- fat lot of good that will do me.  Can't get through by phone.  But that big old green light is on that says everything is going smoothly.  Why can't they even pretend we are human beings who need to feed our children? ...

Locked Out - EVIL!
Mar 03, 2010

Now they're threatening to lock us out if we don't keep our schedules!  This company REALLY wants us to quit!  They are evil!!!  This is beyond stressful and beyond mean.  I really depend on this money, but I think it's time to look for another job.  I'm really sorry it's coming to this.  I really enjoy(ed) transcribing and feeling like I was doing something useful and worthwhile.  Now it's simply not worth it. : ( ...

? On Being Locked Into Schedule
Mar 10, 2010

I am assuming that we will still have the 1/2 hour leeway on clocking in and out that we have now.  Does anyone have any info on that? ...

Dictaphone Says Locked
Feb 17, 2012

My Dictaphone says LOCKED in the middle of the message section (top of phone), and when I do try and dial it is in rotary mode!  Need to know how to unlock the C-phone w/o a code, so I can get the usual menu on top-- PROGRAM, KEYS, ETC.  Any help would be appreciated.  I have the C-phone manual but it does not address this if you do not have the code. ...

Locked Keyboard
Jan 18, 2013

In the middle of a report, keyboard locked up.  Anyone know how to fix it without losing the report?  ...

Regarding Clocking In/out Right To The Minute, Or Being Locked Out..
Mar 06, 2010

You are all ready to clock in at precisely the scheduled time only to lose internet connection.  This has happened to me many times, and by the time I have unplugged and replugged and reset modem, and that doesn't work, so had to get on phone with internet tech support, 30 minutes or more have passed by....then what?    OR,  if the power goes out, which can be anywhere from a quick flash on and off to longer....then what?   OR, when getting close to end of shift ...

Dont Clock Out Or Locked Out?
Apr 07, 2010

So, now if we have to go to the bathroom or some other thing that pulls away from the computer, we dont clock out otherwise we will be locked out for the shift?  What, it is no big thing anymore if we are on the clock but doing something else?  Doesnt that defeat MQ purpose of getting the work done.  If I get locked out, I cant finish my shift so they cant get all the work done.  Its okay for me, I will have a free afternoon, LOL, but it hurts MQ turn around time.  This& ...

Getting "locked Out" Of System
Mar 18, 2010

How can an MT know if they have been "locked out" of a company's transcription system?  And ... of course, there is no one available on line or IM to ask what is going on?  Any ideas?  Give me a clue if I have been cut... need to know ...