A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Regarding clocking in/out right to the minute, or being locked out.. - what if....smg

Posted: Mar 06, 2010

You are all ready to clock in at precisely the scheduled time only to lose internet connection.  This has happened to me many times, and by the time I have unplugged and replugged and reset modem, and that doesn't work, so had to get on phone with internet tech support, 30 minutes or more have passed by....then what? 

OR,  if the power goes out, which can be anywhere from a quick flash on and off to longer....then what?

OR, when getting close to end of shift, a long report comes up that takes longer than expected and you have to go over your shift....then what? 

If anyone has gotten any answers regarding the above from their CCM, please post, as my CCM has yet to address any of this.  Sent her an email, but heaven knows when of if she will respond.

If you are working during your schedule, you - do not get locked out.

[ In Reply To ..]
If you clock in late, you are still clocking in during your shift. You will NOT be locked out; however, you will be at the end of your shift.

The way I understand it is that if you are in the middle of a job and your shift ends, you will have time to finish that job before you get locked out, but you don't get locked out for clocking in late as long as you are working during your scheduled shift.

re: locked out - Daisy

[ In Reply To ..]
The last reply was correct. Also, according to my manager, if your shift has ended, you will be able to complete the job you are working on and also the job that is waiting.

Locked out....I sure hear a lot about this here....but - Kiki

[ In Reply To ..]
I haven't heard a single word from my CCM about it, and I've even talked to her lately not to mention not hearing it during that mandatory First Time Right conference.... I'm in SA5. When is this supposedly going to start?

Doesn't bother me, I don't WANT to work out of my scheduled hours. Since I'm in CA, if I get NJA, I am entitled to my benefit rate. Sometimes my CCM will politely ask me if I could make up the time later (even though she knows I know I'm entitled to my benefit rate for NJA). In the past, I'd go ahead and do it if I had nothing planned, but now my reply is going to be, "nope, we're locked out remember."

Don't take it so literally. I have a satellite and lose my - mt

[ In Reply To ..]
internet connection all the time with bad weather. You note it in Schedule Source, "bad weather, punch me out at 6:00 p.m." In addition, I have been very ticked off at MQ this week and didn't work for 3 days that I was supposed to. I was deciding whether to quit. No one has questioned my not logging in so far.

Similar Messages:

Radiology Paid Per Minute? Is $1/dictated Minute Good, Bad, Average?
Mar 01, 2010

Have 4 years experience.  Mostly acute care/basic 4.   Got a job offer for Radiology using Meditech platform and pay offered is $1 per dictated minute.  This is an IC job.  Haven't done radiology exclusively before and haven't been paid per dictated minute either.  Thoughts? Thanks! ...

Hep Locked
Oct 09, 2010

"Her IV was hep locked."  Is this hyphenated?  Is it hep or Hep?  Thanks in advance... ...

IS EVERYONE LOCKED OUT?
Nov 04, 2010

typing along with no problems and then get kicked off and cannot get back on.  Qcare ticket sent -- fat lot of good that will do me.  Can't get through by phone.  But that big old green light is on that says everything is going smoothly.  Why can't they even pretend we are human beings who need to feed our children? ...

Locked Out - EVIL!
Mar 03, 2010

Now they're threatening to lock us out if we don't keep our schedules!  This company REALLY wants us to quit!  They are evil!!!  This is beyond stressful and beyond mean.  I really depend on this money, but I think it's time to look for another job.  I'm really sorry it's coming to this.  I really enjoy(ed) transcribing and feeling like I was doing something useful and worthwhile.  Now it's simply not worth it. : ( ...

? On Being Locked Into Schedule
Mar 10, 2010

I am assuming that we will still have the 1/2 hour leeway on clocking in and out that we have now.  Does anyone have any info on that? ...

Dictaphone Says Locked
Feb 17, 2012

My Dictaphone says LOCKED in the middle of the message section (top of phone), and when I do try and dial it is in rotary mode!  Need to know how to unlock the C-phone w/o a code, so I can get the usual menu on top-- PROGRAM, KEYS, ETC.  Any help would be appreciated.  I have the C-phone manual but it does not address this if you do not have the code. ...

Locked Keyboard
Jan 18, 2013

In the middle of a report, keyboard locked up.  Anyone know how to fix it without losing the report?  ...

Dont Clock Out Or Locked Out?
Apr 07, 2010

So, now if we have to go to the bathroom or some other thing that pulls away from the computer, we dont clock out otherwise we will be locked out for the shift?  What, it is no big thing anymore if we are on the clock but doing something else?  Doesnt that defeat MQ purpose of getting the work done.  If I get locked out, I cant finish my shift so they cant get all the work done.  Its okay for me, I will have a free afternoon, LOL, but it hurts MQ turn around time.  This& ...

Clocking In And Clocking Out
May 29, 2013

So, some of you talk like clocking in and clocking out is a matter of routine... are we not supposed to stay clocked in all the time?  Is this not necessary if you want to earn that big MINIMUM WAGE PAYCHECK because there is no work?  Someone, please, set me straight!  I want to earn my own MINIMUM WAGE PAYCHECK as soon as possible!    ...

Clocking Out OOW?
May 30, 2013

Got an email earlier this week about the OOW situation, how we are supposed to do regular clock out if we intend to make up the time or clock out OOW if we are not planning to make up the time.  Anybody know what's the difference?  I am OOW now and planning to clock out soon.  I already have time from earlier this week I can't make up and now this.  Just want to know what it means.  Thanks. ...

Clocking Out For KS
May 31, 2013

Did anyone else receive an email from their coordinator about clocking in and out when there is no work on an account?  Maybe I'm wrong, but if I'm assigned a shift and I'm there looking for work, how can I be made to clock out?  If I have to be available in case there is work those 8 hours, I should be paid those 8 hours and be on the clock, right?  That email seems fishy to me.  If there are no customers in line at Burger King, employees don't clock out ...

Anybody Else Having Probs Clocking In Or Out?
Nov 12, 2012

Cannot seem to get into Alphastaff to clock out?  Anyone else having problem? ...

I Don't Mind Clocking In And Out
Dec 02, 2014

I don't mind clocking in and out, everyone has to do that, but if there is down time that needs to be added to my timecard or the like then that should be their job not ours.  I don't have time for all this unpaid crap. I just want to clock in and do my work then clock out and forget about the rest.  They get paid the big bucks to take care of our timecards if there are additions that need to be added. ...

Been Clocking In And Out On My Card Whenever There Isn't Work
Feb 21, 2013

I'm tired of being clocked in and my benefit rate suffering for it so I am clocking in and out. It will probably affect my PTO since I am part time and don't get any anyway but oh well. It looks like I will be using my benefit rate a lot more than PTO what with all this NJA going on ...

From Thread Below, Clocking Out For Potty Break?
Jan 20, 2011

I never clock out for breaks.  Am I supposed to?  I am scheduled for 4 hours at a time with a 1-hour break in the middle.  If I clock out for a break, don't I have to make up the time at the end of my shift?  I don't wanna do that.  I take a break whenever I feel like it.  I can't type 4 hours straight.  How does it work for everybody else? ...

I Am Thinking Of Clocking In Under Work Availability While
Apr 25, 2013

If I am sitting at my computer waiting for jobs to come in every 5-13 minutes, I should be paid. I should not have to be penalized by an adverse effect on my line count if I were to stay clocked in as production. Waiting for jobs while clocked out is still being on the job if you are signed into Fluency. So, the way I figure, you are still working, but off the clock. Plus, as proof that you are working off the clock, your Fluency log in time will be greater than your clocked in time. ...

When Clocking Out For Breaks, How Do You Make Up Time?
Oct 21, 2013

If I clock out to go to the bathroom, how do I make up the time and stay within my "scheduled hours"?  Just wondering how everyone else works this out.  Apparently, they no have a perfomance checker to correlate when clocked in and actually on what you are doing in DQM now.  Also, does anyone know how to check the time worked in DQM? ...

To Be BOS Correct, How Would One Write This: 3-4 Minute Episode, 3 To 4 Minute Episode Or 3 To 4-mi
Jul 09, 2013

I question things now that I never before questioned in my life!  Thanks for any help. ...

Left Double *clocking* System In The Left Kidney Repaired. Thanks. Nm
Jan 19, 2010

nm ...

Getting "locked Out" Of System
Mar 18, 2010

How can an MT know if they have been "locked out" of a company's transcription system?  And ... of course, there is no one available on line or IM to ask what is going on?  Any ideas?  Give me a clue if I have been cut... need to know ...

I Had A 10 Minute Report And....
Dec 14, 2009

only got 37 lines from it.  This nutter dictating kept putting me on hold (with the worst music) every section of the report so he could look it up in the patient's chart!  I hate it when they do that stuff!  There would be no way I would go to this guy as a patient.  Anyone who is that unorganized is not going to operate on me!   Breathing deeply now, rant over. ...

0.16 Per Audio Minute?
Feb 05, 2010

Has anyone heard of pay at 0.16 per audio minute for medical transcription?  They told me I could make at least $10 an hour or more at this rate.  This seems impossible to me... What do you think? ...

Lines Per Minute
Mar 01, 2010

I have been an MT for 12-years now.  I used to get paid hourly, now they are suggesting 12.5-cents per line. Is this too low?  Is 12.5 cents per line fair, anyone know?   ...

NJA Under The 15 Minute Window
Apr 14, 2010

Lately, when I get NJA it is just long enough to slow my production down, but not long enough to report it.  It only lasts about 10 minutes most times.  Does everyone else wait the 15 minutes before reporting as we are supposed to, or do you report it right away? ...

Would It Be Too Much To Ask To Get A 5 Minute Window
Mar 06, 2011

Seriously, I was 11 seconds (according to my punch clock) past the scheduled start of maintenance on submitting a really long job and it didn't go through.  I think they should wait 5 minutes for the last minute submissions or at least hang onto the job and have it submitted after maintenance.  ...

Pay By Dictated Minute-sm
Apr 05, 2011

Anyone get paid by dictated minute -- How profitable is it for you?  Considering options?  is there a catch? ...

When A Keystrokes Add Says Pay By Minute
Sep 01, 2011

of dictation for a radiology position, what does this mean?  So much per minute or a flat rate for a total of minutes per day?   ...

$1.20 Per Dictated Minute
Mar 21, 2012

Hi All:    I was looking at a job posting, but they pay as stated above.  I have never worked for anyone that pays like this.  Does anyone know what this would average out to be per line based on 65 space?  It is not Radiology. ...

Pay Per Minute?? Good Or Bad
Apr 10, 2012

I have never been paid by the minute before and I was wondering what is a good rate? I have been offered 0.08 cents per minute up to $1 per minute depending on the dictator. Right now I am getting paid 7.5 cents per line. I average 800-1000 lines per day on the account I am on now. Does anyone know how to figure pay on the minute versus the line?? Thanks in advance!! ...

Pay Per Minute Of Dictation
May 03, 2012

Hope everyone is having a great day...I have an interview for a position that pays by the minute of dictation...I have never been paid this way or no anyone who has so am at a total loss as to the average, what it calculates to per line, hour, etc.  Anyone who knows anything about this and can share would be so very much appreciated.  I have not interviewed yet so don't know the rate but just want some info so I don't go in completely in the dark. Thank you! ...