A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Has anyone ever heard "Cervical Port" - hb

Posted: Dec 29, 2010

Doctor says, "Cervical port shows free of discharge."  I am pretty positive this is what he says as he has said it now on 2 files, but i have never heard this before and just wanted some verification.  It is on the gyne part of the physical exam.  

vault? - my guess

[ In Reply To ..]
B-)

Nope. - hb

[ In Reply To ..]
It definitely starts with a "P"... EERRR...

never heard of that - only thing I can think of

[ In Reply To ..]
1. Cervical os is free of discharge
2. Cervical vault is free of discharge

never heard of cervical port and cannot verify that either...

You stumped me.

Maybe...sm - GT

[ In Reply To ..]
it's some type of port placed for a procedure or treatment ??

surgical port? - mtfriend

[ In Reply To ..]
Maybe he is referring to a surgical port used for chemo? idk.... if it's the gyne part of the exam....usually it would be vaginal vault is free of discharge

the cervical pouch is free of discharge - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

S/l Hissan Port Or Husan Port
Nov 10, 2009

tia ...

Pal Port Another Name For Port-A-Cath?
Jan 25, 2010

I am doing an OP note.  The surgeon says the name of the surgery is a "Pal port."  In the description he says Port-A-Cath.  Never heard of a Pal port.  Is this right? ...

Port
May 22, 2010

He has a s/l neuro knee port on the left leg.   ...

Port Of Na-va-see-A (that Is What Is S/l)
Jan 27, 2011

port of na-va-see-A...this word was dicated in a shoulder surgery op report.  I cannot find it anywhere.  Please help! ...

Cervical Os
Mar 20, 2012

s/l the os is "propatent" ...

511 Laparoscopic Port
Jan 29, 2010

511 port 5/11 port 5.11 port not sure which laparoscopic port ...

Inner Dime Port
May 10, 2011

bilateral lower quadrant ___ s/l inner dime/dyme ports were placed. Thanks for any help ...

Port-A-Cath
Jan 12, 2012

Okay, so I am used to using Port-A-Cath, but how do you all type it.  I have seen in many different ways (portacath, port-A-cath, etc.)? ...

Port-a-catheter
Jun 29, 2014

I have a radiologist saying port-a-catheter.  I have only ever used Port-A-Cath.  Can port-a-catheter be a generic term? ...

Sounds Like Pal Port?
Dec 21, 2014

Sounds like doctor is saying ''pal'' port for chemotherapy? Thanks for any help. ...

Surgery - Port
May 11, 2015

s/l abdominal "metal" port. Infected abdominal ____ port and removal of the abdominal ____ port. Thanks in advance. ...

MRI Cervical Spine Help
Jan 25, 2010

text: The patient is status post diskectomy, _________ interbody fusion, with an anterior fixation plate extending from C4 to C6. sounds like salunite? ...

Need Help With Cervical Adenopathy
Mar 02, 2010

It sounds like the doctor is saying "but found to have increased serated myo??? cervical adenopathy." Does anyone know what this might be? ...

MRI Of Cervical Spine Help Please
Mar 09, 2010

Multilevel mild disc _____ are present.  There is minimal disc bulging at C4-5.  I cannot give a s/l because he is running it together but the word does end in "cations," if that helps. TIA ...

Cervical Spine X-ray
Sep 06, 2010

Impression:  S/L Flowing anterior marginal osteophytes from C5 to C7; this may reflect underlying diffuse idiopathic skeletal hyperostosis. Thank you in advance... ...

MRI Cervical Spine
Sep 30, 2010

Am I hearing this right.... uncofacet spurring.  If so, should it be hyphenated.  Spell checker red lines it.  Thanks in advance... ...

Cervical Spine
Jan 29, 2013

This is used twice in report and I can't find anything that comes close. The sentence is : There are inflammatory changes and s/l flam-on around the C4 to C5 vertebral bodies. Any help is appreciated! ...

S/l 12-mm Versi-stent Port
May 12, 2010

s/l 12-mm Versi-stent port was placed ...

Removal Of Subclavian Port
Aug 19, 2010

Hey All! I'm typing a report for a removal of a left subclavian subcutaneous tunneled venous access device and reservoir. The doctor reports the following as the findings: Intact left subclavian (___) and port.  It s/l he is says "singulum."  Does anyone have an idea of what it could be? Thank you so much. ...

S/l Powell Port Catheter
Jun 20, 2011

Postop chest x-ray showed mild pulmonary edema and interval placement of a right powell port(?) catheter. ...

Dictated As Suprailiac Port
May 02, 2014

Two 8-mm robotic trocars were placed in the lateral port, a 5-mm trocar on the right suprailiac port. (not able to document suprailiac port). ...

IT Installation And Com Port Errors
Apr 28, 2015

If a tech who is testing your foot pedal after installing the software tells you that your com ports are not working, ask if he installed the foot pedal.  ...

Suboxone Cervical Dilatation
Oct 20, 2009

has anyone heard of this 'Suboxone' Suboxone cervical dilatation 7 cm; however, due to the fetal bradycardia without any recovery, it was decided to perform stat cesarean section. also i tried to do a search and it's not bringing up where i can put the word on word help??  has something changed? tks ...

Cervical And Lumbar Spines
Oct 31, 2009

Problem List Degenerative arthritis of the cervical and lumbar spines. It sounds like he is saying spines (pl). Is it spines or spine??   ...

2nd Verte Cervical Porticullis?
Mar 08, 2010

Patient has strain of left erector spinae, trapezia, and levator scapulae at the 2nd (s/l) "verte cervical porticullis."  It actually sounds like "urta cervical", but I am assuming there is a v in there.  Any thoughts? ...

Cervical Spine S/l Os Aput
May 13, 2010

tenderness in the paraspinal musculature at the s/l os aput. ...

Cervical Spine Dictation
Nov 11, 2010

Doctor dictates "at C6 C7"  Is this typed C6-7? Or C6, C7?  Thanks ...

Cervical Cancer Brachytherapy
Jun 03, 2011

"Wet gauze was used to stabilize the s/l tenamineovoise in place." No idea what this is. ANy clues? ...

S/l Cervical Ant-ro-peas-el Strain
Apr 04, 2012

Patient is complaining of right wrist, right shoulder, and neck pain.  In diagnosis he says "mild cervical (s/l) ant-ro-peas-el strain.  Any ideas what ant-ro-peas-el could be? ...

Cervical Range Of Motion
Aug 15, 2013

Okay, I'm stuck.  This doc is dictating his physical exam and is talking about the cervical spine rom.  "Full range of motion of the cervical spine to flexion, extension, rotation, side bending, and (s/l) discompression sign." Does anyone have any ideas? ...