A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

During a colonoscopy/endoscopy..."Possible gastro preocism"....?? - Lauren

Posted: Dec 08, 2011

Note from November 1 for a combined colonoscopy and endoscopy. It documents postoperative diagnoses of: 1. Multiple sequel diverticula. 2. Suboptimal colonic prep. 3. Mild gastritis. 4. SOUNDS LIKE "Probable gastro preocism"
PLEASE HELP! The only thing I am coming up with that remotely makes sense is Probable gastral, preexisting. ???

gastro word help - kcmt

[ In Reply To ..]
could it be "probably gastroparesis"?

THANKS SO MUCH!!!! THAT'S IT! - Lauren

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

hope you saw the post about cecal... - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

cecal diverticula - not sequel

[ In Reply To ..]
Always verify a term before using it.

OMG, THANK YOU...DOC CLEARLY SAID SEQUEL, AND I'M SO TIRED THAT I JUST TYPED IT WITHOUT EVEN NO - Lauren

[ In Reply To ..]
NM

no...you HEARD sequel... - rule number one

[ In Reply To ..]
try to remember: what you HEAR is not what they SAID.

As I recommended, look up every term.

Did you come up with references for "sequel diverticula"?

Similar Messages:

Colonoscopy Endoscopy
Aug 03, 2011

Is there any reason why I *should* type BOTH "colonoscopy endoscopy"? Or should I just omit "endoscopy"? Yes, it's an ESL doc. ...

Upper Endoscopy Word S/l Billa
Nov 17, 2010

Stomach _________ was remarkable only for some minimal suggestion of antral gastritis with hyperemia and focal hypervascularity. He speaks perfectly clear English, so it's not the b/v switcheroo.  I've had no luck in word books, anatomy books, or Google. ...

Upper Endoscopy - Surgical Lumen?
Mar 16, 2011

We also proceeded with an upper endoscopy as well.  Upper endoscopy showed that her gastric remnant only had mild nonspecific erythema.  I explored the surgical (lumen) and found that this was completely normal. FYI- The pt also has a history of gastric resection and a known surgical anastomosis, but the word in question is not anastomosis. It s/l lumen or limb or lamen. Any ideas? Thanks.  ...

Gastro
Jul 11, 2010

upper endoscopy shows Barrett's with some inflammation and what appears to be a prolapsing gastric fold but with reasonably good ** rab ** seen on retroflexion thanks! ...

GASTRO
Nov 09, 2011

THIS IS THE SENTENCE: We will simply watch him and have repeat liver test at approximate three months.  WHAT IS THE CORRECT PHRASE TO USE? IS IT "of approximately three months" OR "at approximate three months" ...

Gastro Help...
Jul 05, 2013

The gastro docs that I type for hired a new doctor about two months ago.  He has an extremely heavy accent.  Though I am getting used to him, I still get stuck at times.  I'm typing a gastroscopy report and I'm at a loss for two words. Any help would really be appreciated.  "Examination of the ______(sounds like "im-pee-la") noted for linear ____(sounds like "frondy") appearing papillae". Any thoughts?  Thanks !   ...

Gastro S/l Alucitidy?
Sep 22, 2010

GI term s/l alucitidy?  please help ...

Gastro... Please See Message...
Jan 26, 2011

The doc is saying...If this is negative, I likely will order an imaging study such as a CAT scan of the abdomen and pelvis with IV s/l "and pedo" contrast, or "inpedo" contrast... TIA ...

Need Gastro Word Help....please !
Apr 21, 2013

I've been typing for two gastro docs for 13 years. They recently hired another physician with a very heavy accent and I'm having trouble with his dictation.  His dictation is completely different than the other two physicians who stick to one basic format.  The first report is a colonoscopy:  A moderate amount of liquid stool was noted within the colon.  Aggressive _______ (sounds like "vollage") was attempted but the stool did not clear adequately. The second re ...

Gastro Word Help
May 29, 2013

This is a fairly new doc that I'm typing for with an extremely heavy accent.  It's a new patient consultation.  The patient was seen in the emergency room recently and was noted to be FOBT (fecal occult blood test) positive at that time.  Blood work was done and results are not available at this time.  The patient also complains of (sounds like) bo-po-rig-mia of acute onset and a chronic history of reflux symptoms and burning in the chest. I was trying words like ...

S/l Leninshock Clamp (gastro)
Jun 04, 2010

Dr dictating anastomosis procedure with "leninchock?) clamps used throughout. ...

Colonoscopy - Translumen
Sep 01, 2010

I am transcribing a colonoscopy report and the doctor states, "...The cecum was reached and identified.  The light translumen in the right lower quadrant.  The ileocecal valve was noted." I am having a hard time hearing, "The light translumen in the right lower quadrant."  The light translumen is the difficult part to hear.  This doesn't make sense to me.  Could this be correct? (P.S.- he typically leaves verbs out, so it could be - was in the right lower quadran ...

Colonoscopy - Mucopurulent ?
Nov 15, 2010

"Examination of the colon revealed mild colitis characterized by tiny mucopurulent (spots) in the transverse and descending colon." The word he uses acutally sounds like spock.  Could be spots but I just want to see if anyone knows something different? Thanks. ...

Colonoscopy Classification
Nov 29, 2011

In a colonoscopy report, doc is dictating, s/l ? body I, ASA II.  I know about the ASA classification, but not sure about the other.  Thanks! ...

Let's Code A Colonoscopy Dilemma!
Apr 22, 2010

Op report reason:  Screening and Diarrhea.  Colonoscopy done, polyp found and removed.  The reason for the colonoscopy is both Screening and Diarrhea.  In fact, doc documents prime reason for colonoscopy is screening and second reason diarrhea.  What is the diagnosis code for this?  If a coder has to code by the documentation and the doctor's final answer is that it is for both a screening and for diarrhea, what is a coder to do?&n ...

Biopsy Forceps In Colonoscopy
Sep 20, 2011

Dictated:  there was a small polyp in the cecum which was removed using large s/l bodding biopsy forceps. bodding, body-and, biting, bodine... I hear the 'b' at the start, the 't' or 'd' in the middle, and 'ing' or 'ine' on the end.     Any suggestions?  Thanks! ...

Fentanyl 50 Mg For A Colonoscopy - Shouldn't It Be Mcg?
Jun 08, 2012

nm ...

Colonoscopy Report Question
Jul 15, 2012

Colonoscopy. The endoscope was advanced through the "Bowels of Houston." Thank you for any help. Jolly MT. ...

Colonoscopy - Small Polyp That Was S/l Fil/der/ated ?? No Msg. Tx
Mar 01, 2013

x ...

Colonoscopy Showing Active Colitis Along With A Transverse Descending Sigmoid And Rectum Biopsies Of
Oct 22, 2011

nm ...

Endoscopy Showed "CMI" Of 42 Cm.
Aug 22, 2012

Endoscopy showed findings of moderate stenosis extending from 40 to 43 cm, with a "ZMI" of 42 cm with friable esophageal tissue with associated blood clot proximal to this region. ...

Gastro Doc Says " I Am Concerned Regarding S/l "profya" Given His Gray-colored Stool.
Feb 10, 2010

Colonoscopy - S/L "movie" Prep??
Jan 19, 2010

"Movie" prep for colonoscopy? ...