A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Describing foot condition - Janet Polley

Posted: Feb 25, 2011

Dr. is describing pt with a right "kro on" describing a foot condition. Help, please?

janet

Possibly...sm - GT

[ In Reply To ..]
chondroma or neuroma ???

I think it's a device - Janet Polley

[ In Reply To ..]
I now think she's describing a brace or apparatus.

Maybe a Velcro brace ?? nm - GT

[ In Reply To ..]
`

Maybe this - Annie

[ In Reply To ..]

There is a CRO or CROW walker/shoe.  See if any of the description fits the patient’s complaints/problems.

http://www.delatorreop.com/orthotic-devices/all-devices/cro-walker-charcot-restraint-orthosis-chronic-relief-orthosis-219/

Similar Messages:

Describing Pathology/GI
Jan 09, 2014

Doctor is describing patholgy of a Whipple.  He states "The extrapancreatic extension involved a microscopic focus of glands and s/l neeshon pull adjacent to the duodenum" - Any thoughts, anyone?  Thanks! ...

Radiology Question Describing Ribs
Feb 12, 2013

I cannot find anything to be able to tell for sure if I should be typing 6th, 7th, and 8th ribs or sixth, seventh, and eighth ribs. ...

Does Achromatic Fit For Describing Extern Oblique Fascial Fibers?
Mar 15, 2011

I tried to look up this word used in this way but didn't find much to support.  It sounds right! The skin was incised with a scalpel, and the subcutaneous tissues were dissected with electrocautery down to the external oblique fascial fibers which were somewhat achromatic. Could have a "p" in it.  Apromatic (but not a word).  Definitely ends in -matic. Thank you. ...

Ponda? Eye Condition
Nov 14, 2009

This is for a patient with eye swelling.  The doctor states he has swelling and a localized "ponda" that shifts depending on his posture.  Any guesses?  ...

Alcoholic Condition
May 27, 2015

Diagnosis - alcoholic s/l resteritis.  She has had seizures from the alcoholism.  ...

S/l T-in-kay-aysin Something To Do With A Cardiac Condition?
Aug 30, 2011

The patinet has chest pain and the doctor order s/l T-in-kay-asin?  TIA ...

I'm Stumped! The Only Condition Given Is Restless Leg Syndrome And Is On (sm)
Jun 30, 2014

medication which s/l nabrolin 500 mg 1 to 2 tabs daily..any ideas????? ...

Referral To A Dermatologist For A Chronic S/l *DPSP* Skin Condition???
Dec 02, 2011

Sounds like...Referral to a dermatologist for a chronic "DPSP" skin condition. Not sure if she is actually saying DPSP, but that's what it sounds like...TIA!!!! ...

Taking Test, Foot Pedal Issue - Report Begins Over Every Time I Lift My Foot!
May 27, 2010

I am taking a test for a company and have gotten as far as taking the transcription portion.  I downloaded their file (pedalplugin-win) but whenever I lift my foot off play, the tape rewinds to beginning.  I cannot rewind or FF and autoplay to 0 isn't registering. Can anyone suggest what I could do to? Thanks!!!!  I have 4 hours to complete test. ...

Foot Pain. Does Anyone Know If There Are Hand Controls Instead Of A Foot Pedal?
Aug 12, 2013

Nm ...

Foot Debridement S/l Bocasterile Foot Dressing
May 10, 2012

Operation of debridement for necrotic tissue.  "The patient's s/l bocastera/bocasterile foot dressing was applied." I'm bad on brand names (if this is one). Any operative expert MTs know what this might be?  Thanks. ...

Neurologic Condition S/l "neuro Bachettes"
Dec 04, 2009

nm ...

Skin Condition S/l "scalding"
Apr 15, 2011

This patient has a lot of skin problems with ulcerations, fungal infections, decubitus ulcers, purulent drainage, etc. Doc says:  "The patient had chronic lymphedema and areas of s/l 'scalding' and ulcers."  Is this word scalding as in the skin appears red as if it had been scalded? Or is it something else? Any ideas will be cheerfully considered. ...

Foot Pedal Without Foot?
Jul 11, 2013

Just wondered if anyone here had ever heard of a foot pedal that could be activated some other way than by pressing with your foot.  I have a handicapped friend who was hoping there was one that could be activated any other way.  Thanks ...

Difference Between A USB Foot Pedal And An Infinity Foot Pedal?
Sep 10, 2010

Is there a difference between a USB foot pedal and an Infinity foot pedal?  I have a part-time job that lists equipment needed as an infinity foot pedal, I have an USB one that worked fine to take the test, if there is a difference then I need to order one fast. Thanks. ...

A Condition Or Disease That Is "compensated" Or "concentrated"
Sep 26, 2011

"___.  Patient is on metoprolol, lisinopril, spironolactone."   That's all that's said.  It's a list of diagnoses at the end of a report.  The blank sounds like "Patient compensated" or "concentrated."  Doesn't sound like "constipated" at all, and it doesn't sound like "cirrhosis, compensated" either.  Any ideas? ...

Right Foot X-ray...
Oct 20, 2010

This is a pt with OA/DDD/DJD and the dr is giving the results of the x-rays.  "Right foot - s/l (accessory ossal cool with hypertrophic) changes.  Left foot - OA."  She runs the whole thing together so I'm not sure where the words separate and I have no idea what to look up. Does anyone have any ideas? ...

One Foot Out And
Aug 02, 2012

After 13 years of being an MT, I am beginning to see a way out.  I've always had an interest in being a writer, and dabbled a little, but it's hard to make a living that way.  But then again, so is transcription.  I figure the world of writing and publishing can't possibly be any more stressful, and its a lot more fun (and I can listen to music while I do it ). After a year of moonlighting, I just had a book of true short stories published (I was an editor and a co ...

What Would Be The Best Foot Pedal?
Oct 30, 2009

Hello.  I was wondering if anyone could give me advice on the best footpedal to buy.  I am just getting back into transcription after being away from it for several years and I am not very technologically bright :-)  I don't have any clients yet but I would like to have a wave pedal or foot pedal ready for whenever I do find a client.  What would be the kind that would be the most versatile and go with most platforms/systems?  I have Windows Vista.  Any advice ...

DVI Foot Pedals?
Jan 15, 2010

Does anyone else have issues with the DVI-INF foot pedals using the USB adapter?  I can push the pedal and nothing happens.  The file will not play.  It often will to the 1 second step-back, but does not play after that.  So, I'm here pressing the pedal 4-5 times getting it stepped back 4-5 seconds before it'll finally play.  It's driving me crazy!  I'd like to know if this is a common problem with this pedal/system or if it's just me having ...

Using Foot Pedal...Help!
Jun 24, 2010

I'm over testing for the Q on their test site and thought I had installed my foot pedal but it's not working.  Does anyone know how to use your foot pedal on the test rather than that silly F1 function key to start and stop the audio?  I'm afraid I'll be here all night getting 5-6 words at a time with the "hand" method as opposed to the "foot" method, LOL! Any suggestions greatly appreciated...Grazi! ...

USB-1 Or USB-2 Foot Pedal
Jul 11, 2010

I've got a USB-2 foot pedal here, brand new from Martel Direct, as part of an all-in-1 kit.  Some job listings specify a USB-1 foot pedal; others just say USB foot pedal. Is there a huge difference between the 1 and the 2 versions? ...

The Shoe And The Other Foot
Dec 03, 2010

I was just wondering, reading the job ads, if it would be considered offensive to the experienced MT for ads for employment to state: No senior or experienced MT's over 5 years need apply! Ok, sure it is hypothetically a stupid question but, even though no experienced MT will answer it honestly, still makes a point. No matter what, if every job you looked at AUTOMATICALLY knocked you out of the water because the company preferred newer, younger, fresher, more trainable, less set in their ...

X-ray Foot Results
Apr 25, 2011

There is a calcaneal spur at the origin of the plantar aponeurosis.  s/l Krukers fat pad has normal radiolucency. ...

Foot Rest
Jun 10, 2011

A while back I saw a post on here where an MT was advertising a foot rest that her husband was making that enabled transcriptionists to elevate their legs while still using the foot pedal.  I believe it was taken down before I got the info.  Does anybody know where I can get in touch with her?  Thanks. ...

Anyone Use USB And 9-pin Foot Pedal?
Jul 05, 2011

Hello, I had to get a 9-pin foot pedal for a new job. I configured it but now my USB foot pedal will not work on Express Scribe. How do I get both of them to work? Thanks, ...

Ikm Foot Pedal
Sep 19, 2011

I am switching computers and cannot get my foot pedal to work.  I believe I need to download a driver, but am not exactly sure which one I need.  It is a serial to USB connection if that makes any difference.  Cannot find any model number, etc, on my pedal.   I work with the I Know Med system.  Can anyone out there help this frustrated MT??? ...

Foot Pedals Sm
Oct 31, 2011

May have to switch jobs soon and get some more equipment (bugger).  What is the difference between a WAV pedal and something like Infinity?  Are they interchangeable, one better than the other, etc?  Is there anything universal (I'm thinking probably not). Any help or advice would be GREATLY appreciated.  Thanks in advance. ...

USB Foot Pedals
Dec 12, 2011

Hi guys:  I have an Infinity (IN-USB-1) foot pedal.  I was searching for a job for a company that ad says ( DVI Voice Wave foot pedal – must say IN-USB-DVI).  Would the IN-USB-1 that I have work or would I need an adapter/new foot pedal)?  Thanks in advance. ...

Big Toe Tingling On Right Foot
Jul 05, 2013

I have been working as an MT for only 2 months and I noticed I have a lot of heel pain and have to switch feet with the foot pedal sometimes. I also noticed that I get some pain in the back of my thighs and my calves. Just today I have started experiencing some tingling in my big toe of my right foot. Also, some numbness up to my ankle but not as noticable. Has anyone else experienced this? ...