A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

anyone use USB and 9-pin foot pedal? - me

Posted: Jul 05, 2011

Hello,

I had to get a 9-pin foot pedal for a new job. I configured it but now my USB foot pedal will not work on Express Scribe. How do I get both of them to work?

Thanks,

I do. - T-MT

[ In Reply To ..]
In express scribe, go to OPTIONS, CONTROLLER, use the wizard. Should work fine after that. You will likely need to do this each time you go back into ES to use the regular USB pedal but it only takes seconds.

USB 9-pin foot pedal - me

[ In Reply To ..]
Okay. I was able to get that to work. It just seems to me I used to be able to work one or the other without having to go through the options, but that is okay. Just as long as it works.
Thanks

Similar Messages:

Difference Between A USB Foot Pedal And An Infinity Foot Pedal?
Sep 10, 2010

Is there a difference between a USB foot pedal and an Infinity foot pedal?  I have a part-time job that lists equipment needed as an infinity foot pedal, I have an USB one that worked fine to take the test, if there is a difference then I need to order one fast. Thanks. ...

Taking Test, Foot Pedal Issue - Report Begins Over Every Time I Lift My Foot!
May 27, 2010

I am taking a test for a company and have gotten as far as taking the transcription portion.  I downloaded their file (pedalplugin-win) but whenever I lift my foot off play, the tape rewinds to beginning.  I cannot rewind or FF and autoplay to 0 isn't registering. Can anyone suggest what I could do to? Thanks!!!!  I have 4 hours to complete test. ...

Foot Pain. Does Anyone Know If There Are Hand Controls Instead Of A Foot Pedal?
Aug 12, 2013

Nm ...

Foot Pedal Vs Wav. Pedal
Jul 19, 2011

I am a recent grad and have my foot pedal from school which is an Infinity In-USB-2. Can anyone tell me what the difference is between that and a wav. pedal? I have tried testing on several sites that require a wav. pedal and my pedal will not work on these. Any thoughts? ...

What Would Be The Best Foot Pedal?
Oct 30, 2009

Hello.  I was wondering if anyone could give me advice on the best footpedal to buy.  I am just getting back into transcription after being away from it for several years and I am not very technologically bright :-)  I don't have any clients yet but I would like to have a wave pedal or foot pedal ready for whenever I do find a client.  What would be the kind that would be the most versatile and go with most platforms/systems?  I have Windows Vista.  Any advice ...

Using Foot Pedal...Help!
Jun 24, 2010

I'm over testing for the Q on their test site and thought I had installed my foot pedal but it's not working.  Does anyone know how to use your foot pedal on the test rather than that silly F1 function key to start and stop the audio?  I'm afraid I'll be here all night getting 5-6 words at a time with the "hand" method as opposed to the "foot" method, LOL! Any suggestions greatly appreciated...Grazi! ...

USB-1 Or USB-2 Foot Pedal
Jul 11, 2010

I've got a USB-2 foot pedal here, brand new from Martel Direct, as part of an all-in-1 kit.  Some job listings specify a USB-1 foot pedal; others just say USB foot pedal. Is there a huge difference between the 1 and the 2 versions? ...

Ikm Foot Pedal
Sep 19, 2011

I am switching computers and cannot get my foot pedal to work.  I believe I need to download a driver, but am not exactly sure which one I need.  It is a serial to USB connection if that makes any difference.  Cannot find any model number, etc, on my pedal.   I work with the I Know Med system.  Can anyone out there help this frustrated MT??? ...

FOOT PEDAL
Jan 30, 2015

Hello - I have a question - im trying to pick out an MT school and I have just talked to one of them that said they do not offer a footpedal because they believe the footpedal will be obsolete in a few years.  Now I have never ever heard of this before but thought I would check with you all to see if anyone has ever heard this and what software programs actually allow you to work without a footpedal.  TIA ...

Foot Pedal Without Foot?
Jul 11, 2013

Just wondered if anyone here had ever heard of a foot pedal that could be activated some other way than by pressing with your foot.  I have a handicapped friend who was hoping there was one that could be activated any other way.  Thanks ...

Foot Pedal..... Where To Find.
Oct 16, 2009

Anyone use a foot pedal? Where have you found yours? I've check Office Depot and a few others and they only have them for games and music. ...

Foot Pedal Question - Help???
Nov 30, 2009

I am starting my new job as an IC today, and the foot pedal given to me today has a phone line connection.  I have a new Dell and no phone line connection possible on my PC.  I do have a USB foot pedal.  I am still installing software necessary for the program, so I have not been able to give it a test spin.  Will my USB foot pedal work, or will I have to wait a week for the adapter to come in? ...

Testing Without Foot Pedal
Jan 23, 2010

I was curious whether anyone on this board has had experience doing transcription without a foot pedal and using their mouse to control the transcription player.  I recently tested at Wedmedx for QA and Rad jobs and they wouldn't let me use a foot pedal, I also couldn't slow it down.  I missed passing the QA test by 2 points and the rad test by 6 points.  A couple of the docs were ESL and the sound quality was not that great.  I have years and years of transcription experience bu ...

Leg Aching With Use Of Foot Pedal
Apr 17, 2010

I have recently been diagnosed with osteoarthritis of my right knee.  Despite taking ibuprofen, after working a while my leg aches from the knee down.  Does anyone have any tips for combinating this pain?  It is making it difficult to work for long periods of time.  Thanks! ...

Transcription Foot Pedal
Apr 20, 2010

Is there a standard foot pedal medical transcription companies require MTs to use? ...

Should I Purchase A Foot Pedal?
Jul 26, 2010

I am about half way through my transcription training, I've just begun the actual transcription portion of my schooling.  My school did not provide a foot pedal nor did they say that I needed to purchase a foot pedal but trying to do a transcription with a mouse is a pain in the you know what!  Is this something that I will get used to or should I purchase a foot pedal? Any suggestions on what I should purchase? ...

KVM Switch And A Foot Pedal
Jul 31, 2010

nm ...

Editscript 8 And Foot Pedal
Nov 04, 2010

I am using editscript 8 with an infinity USB pedal, but it doesn't seem to be working.. Anyone know what the problem might be? ...

Foot Pedal Question?
Dec 02, 2010

I need a new foot pedal but am not sure what I need.  The one I am using right now is infinity in-usb-1.  I would like one that doesn't backspace/rewind when I take my foot off it.  Any ideas? ...

As Discussed The Other Day, To Keep My Foot Pedal On
Dec 11, 2010

gallon laundry detergent jug and filled it with water.  When I need a bathroom break, I set the jug on the edge of my pedal and the dr jabbers away while I am gone. ...

Foot Pedal Issues
Jan 05, 2011

Does anyone have an idea of what could be wrong with my foot pedal?  While I am working, sometimes when I lift up my foot to stop the dictation, it keeps playing like the pedal is stuck or something.  I have not spilled any kind of sugary drink on it to make it sticky.  It also does this with the fast forward and rewind pedals.  It's about 5 years old....is it just getting worn out?  ...

Infinity USB Foot Pedal
Jun 14, 2011

All of a sudden my foot pedal has been automatically back spacing about two sentences.  Does anyone have a clue how to change it so it doesn't  back space?  Thanks! ...

INDB15 Foot Pedal
Mar 21, 2011

Does anyone know if this pedal works with ExText or Fusion? ...

Question Regarding Foot Pedal, Please:)
Mar 31, 2011

Hello:) I just got a new computer and was in the process of moving my foot pedal over to it, and to my shock, there is no outlet in the back of the new one that is compatible with my old foot pedal, which is a DB9 outlet, there are only USB ports back there.  Is there some sort of converter I can plug it into to make it work or will I have to buy a new foot pedal that is a USB foot pedal??  Thanks so much! ...

Cordless Foot Pedal Yet?
Apr 13, 2011

Does anyone know if someone has come up with a cordless foot pedal yet?  If not, I'm going to look into someone making one because I cannot stand this cord any longer!  I'm using a laptop...and yes, I work with it in my lap ;)).  TIA ...

Foot Pedal For MP3 File
Jul 15, 2011

Dumb question but fairly new to this.....can anyone tell me how I can use my footpedal to type MP3 files?  My clinic I work at uses these files and we can't figure it out.  The MP3 files are on a flash drive which I downloaded to my computer and they are being played by windows media player???  Any help is MUCH, MUCH appreciated. ...

Foot Pedal Won't Work
Jul 18, 2011

My foot pedal quit working 6 weeks ago.  Thought it was the pedal, bought a new one.  Still didn't work.  Thought it was old computer.  switched two 2 different computers, both XP, the latest one fully updated with SB2 ports.  STILL won't work.  Sometimes I can get it to work for a couple minutes, then gradually the pause time when I take my foof off becomes greater and greater.  Sometimes it won't stop once it begins.  I've tried every ...

Foot Pedal Ergodynamics
Sep 29, 2011

Does anyone have a problem with their footpedal ergodynamics?  I (and my chiropractor) think that the constant toes up/toes down is straining my "abdominal oblique" muscle on that side.  Anyone else have this problem?  Got any ideas? ...

Foot Pedal - How To Attach
Oct 18, 2011

I have a foot petal that has an end on it that looks like a telephone cord plug end. It attaches into another piece which fits into the back of my computer. I tried to take a test on line and the pedal was not compatible. Is there a universal foot pedal? I need some foot pedal education please. If I need to order one, would would I do this? This was a test with RI Unlimited. The foot pedal I have is supplied through my current employer. My pedal has no brand name listed on it, just a basic-look ...

How Do We Plug In Foot Pedal
Dec 03, 2011

My foot pedal has a flat type of connection.  The new computer has a round type of connection.  Is there anywhere else on the computer I can plug in for the foot pedal or do I have to order a new foot pedal.  Any help is appreciated as I am supposed to sign on in 15 minutes.  Thank you. ...