A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Speech recognition quantity standards - Geri

Posted: May 01, 2014

I am very interested in learning what the different 'guidelines' or 'requirements' are for those of you now doing SR editing.  What is the minimum line count you are expected to have and is that reasonable?  Thanks!!!

SR guidelines - LM

[ In Reply To ..]
The company I was working for when SR was introduced (which was later bought by, you guessed it, Nuance) required us to increase our production by 1/2 and cut the line rate by half for SR.

Though companies have different guidelines, of course.

Similar Messages:

Speech Recognition And Voice Recognition Considered The Same?
Sep 22, 2010

Speech recognition and voice recognition considered the same? ...

What Is Exactly Is VR/speech Recognition?
Sep 14, 2010

Hello, I am a new MT and learned transcription from cassette tapes and Express Scribe. Can someone tell me what voice recognition is and how is it used in transcription?  ...

Speech Recognition Job Offer
Jun 24, 2010

I just got offered a job doing straight typing but also speech recognition. Is this hard to do? I have no experience and I was wondering also if I can move quickly doing this so I can make good money?? What are your thoughts about this? Thank you for your time. Elizabeth ...

Help! My Corporation Just Went To Speech Recognition!
Jul 31, 2010

Hello: I don't know if I am using the right terminology, but my corporation has decided to use some kinda digital voice capture, so the software spits out unedited reports.  meaning, as a hospital trained transcriptionist, I've gone from transcription to pure editing.  And I am quaking in my boots.  I would like to supplement my current job with at home transcription.  Is this even still to be found?  All perspectives welcome.  Thank you. ...

Speech Recognition Editing Course
Aug 01, 2010

I graduated in May from the MT program at a local two-year college and, naturally, it's nearly impossible to find a medical transcription job as a newbie. Since speech recognition seems to be the future, I was wondering if taking a speech recognition editing course would be a good investment of my time and money. AHDI, I know, is offering a speech recognition editing course. I've done a lot of copy editing in my previous clerical jobs. I've always been good at copy edit ...

Speech Recognition Rates
May 18, 2011

What is the going rate now for speech recognition work and how do you make any money doing it if the rates are low with all the editing that has to be done. ...

Inscribe - If It Uses Speech Recognition? 
Jul 21, 2011

Does anyone knowing about Inscribe know if it uses speech recognition?  I heard of an job using Inscribe paying 8c a line, including spaces  - sounds good to me unless it is reduced for speech recognition work. ...

Speech Recognition Software
Feb 19, 2012

Has anyone ever tried speech recognition software when transcribing and if so how does it work.  ...

Hate Speech Recognition.
Jul 22, 2013

When I get nothing but VR reports and have to change every second word, it is so hard getting even minimum wage and it is just so much more exhausting than regular typing where you get into a rhythm and I get so many bad dictators doing VR.  If I keep getting nothing but VR, don't know if I will last here.  Anyone else feel like this?  Do these dictators think that all their slurred words, yawns, etc., magically morph into a perfect document.  Ve ...

Speech Recognition Insertions
Oct 05, 2014

On a report, under "social history", the speaker says the patient lives alone with some pets. Speaker dooesn't actually state anything further regarding pets, but the document says "7 cats" right after where it says patient lives with pets. Where did speech recognition get the fanciful nondictated " 7 cats" from? Does it mean that speech recognition probably heard a previous report in which another patient had 7 cats? Interestingly, this was a psychiatric report. Given that the patie ...

Speech Recognition - Link To Article
Jun 25, 2010

Link to article below. ...

Webmedx Speech Recognition Program
Jan 13, 2011

N ...

Interesting Item About Speech Recognition
Jan 23, 2011

This is an interesting item about MT compensation for editing from someone at M*Modal.  The link: http://mmodal2.wordpress.com/2010/07/23/mt-compensation/ ...

Window's Vista Speech Recognition
Aug 18, 2011

Will b starting to work from home soon and would like to use Vista's speech recognition. My ques is do I need to buy Stedman's spellchecker and the dictionary or just the dictionary? Thanks. ...

Speech Recognition - Production Question
Oct 06, 2011

I have a job offer but it includes speech recognition editing.  I have never done this before.  Could someone tell me typically how many lines per hour on average you can edit, so I have a basis on whether or not income-wise this would make sense to do?  Also, what is the going rate for speech recognition editing, line rate? ...

Is DocQvoice Only A Speech Recognition System?
Jan 13, 2012

Is DocQvoice only a speech recognition system?  I have a very good lead on a job working directly for a small hospital, but was just told by the woman who already works for them that they are going to DocQvoice.  Right now it is all straight transcription on a Lanier system with a VXP player.  She doesn't seem to think it would be speech recognition because she doesn't think the doctors would go for it.  Also, I'm not sure I'm interested in the job if it's not straig ...

Can I Just Say What A Freaking JOKE Speech Recognition Is?
Mar 20, 2012

I work for a hospital that has been using the Dictaphone speech the last couple of years.  We were told how our production was just going to increase and how it was going to be WONDERFUL.  My production is still where it was two years ago and I would be better off typing each report.  Sorry for the ranting, but while working this evening, I just got set off by the following: "SOCIAL HISTORY:  He is down to 15 cattle formally worked as a strips all conservation engineer. &nb ...

Closed-captioning With Speech-recognition
Jul 11, 2012

Hey guys, the other day I tested a software program called VoxcribeCC, it works well on videos. If you do closed captioning or subtitling, it really eases the task with its speech recognition and time stamping functions. Accuracy is pretty high. I think it is way more powerful than dragon  ...

Speech Recognition Vs. Straight Typing?
Oct 07, 2012

Ok everyone, need some advice please.  At my old company I was straight typing and doing probably 1800 lines daily.  I go do a new company and speech rec is all they have with probably 1% straight typing.  I've been losing on the average of $600 per pay period as a result of speech rec.  How the heck can I get back the money I was making doing straight typing? ...

Speech Recognition Line Counting
Oct 24, 2013

My job is transitioning to from straight transcription to speech recognition.  This is what is being offered: 0.045 per line A line is defined as 2 edited lines = 1 regular MT typing line of 65 characters So in summary, 1.  My cents per line is going to be cut in half going to SR editing. 2.  The edited lines is also being cut in half because it takes 2 edited lines to equal 1 transcribed line. Does this sound right?  Are all companies counting lines this way?  If ...

Gotta Love That Automated Speech Recognition
Sep 16, 2010

Dictator said:    Sturge-Weber syndrome System typed:   stirred should we burst syndrome ...

Anyone Heard Of A Backend Speech Recognition System
Aug 09, 2011

that I THINK might be 3M- I don't know, everyone here at the hospital just calls it BESR- they say it is a new program but it just seems almost like some generic deal.   I have used Escription in the past and by now (6 months into it) Escription was putting out decent drafts that required little changing, and this one we have is still putting out reports that are as bad as the beginning- it puts in words that sound nothing like what the doctor says, and when a beeper goes off or t ...

Tricks To Faster Speech Recognition Editing?
Aug 14, 2011

I have been straight transcribing for many moons. Then got into doing QA and a lot of the reports I get are straight editing of speech recognition rather than doing QA. My production stinks when I do straight editing and have no idea how those of you that edit speech recognition all day make a living. Kudos to YOU! I am one of the probably few QA who really appreciates you MT's who make our jobs easier and do AMAZING jobs transcribing what I can't even QA. Thank you for your hard work ...

Speech Recognition - Contemplating A Position At MModal
Sep 07, 2012

Hello:  I am contemplating a position at MModal.  I understand a lot of the work is speech recognition.  Can anyone fill me in on what program you use, is it quick, does it learn to correct mistakes made over and over by a doctor, and do you think you can make $ with a big percentage of SR reports?  I understand the pay is less than straight transcription.  Many thanks in advance for your opinions.  ...

No Worries About Speech Recognition Taking Our Jobs
Jul 25, 2014

Just a note to all you frustrated MTs who think speech recognition is going to take away all our jobs.  I just had a job today that interpreted general appearance as genital warts!!  When listening, the doctor did obviously say general appearance.  So fear not, I think there will always be a place for MTs in the future!! ...

Average Line Counts On An 8-hour Shift Doing Speech Recognition?
Sep 23, 2011

What are the average line counts on an 8-hour shift doing speech recognition?  I use Dictaphone/Extext.  I'm producing on average about 240/hr sometimes less. Any info appreciated. ...

Nuance: Speech Recognition Versus Transcription Line Counts
May 13, 2012

As I was working today I thought about speech versus transcription, and it occurred to me that I was transcribing a good deal in each speech report I "edited." Why is transcription done for a full report paid any differently than transcription done in a speech report? In other words, why don't I get paid my transcription line count for the characters I am transcribing in a speech report, particularly since a great deal of these speech reports require almost re-transcribing completely due to ...

First IPhone App To Convert Audio File To Text By Speech Recognition
Aug 22, 2013

I have created the first app on iPhone which can dictate the audio file in multiple size and format into text by speech recognition.In addition, the app can record your voice by 1 hour that help to improve the speed to input .The app link is shown below:https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/downright-transcription/id687650485?mt=8The website is shown below:downrighttranscript.appspot.com ...

A New Low For Speech "recognition"
Dec 05, 2011

I think things are getting worse, not better.  Big surprise!!    "History of suicide."  is what was on the report to be edited.  The doctor said "He was treated with Zosyn."  How scary is that?  Not even close. ...

Quality And Quantity, Is It Possible?
Apr 28, 2013

I just got a warning for my LPH being too low, and possible termination if I don't increase them right away.  I was taking time to double check my reports and making sure all blanks were filled in, rarely had blanks. With the threat of termination, I have been trying to focus more on quantity. Now I have been going through each report once and hit send.  I have seen example reports from MTs who have great LPH, but I have seen the minor mistakes that come with them too. ...