A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Winscribe Internet Typist - Clw

Posted: Jul 10, 2010

I am trying to find out how to prioritize or pick and choose jobs in my queue.  Can anyone help me with this?  Thanks.

Clw

jobs - what about this

[ In Reply To ..]
Do not use that system, are you an MT? Pick and choose jobs, BIG NO-NO!!!!
As far as how to use the system, ask your tech support people.

That is called cherrypicking and if you want every - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
other transcriptionist in the company mad at you go for it. You don't "pick and choose," you do the work as it comes in.

Not necessarily... - Hayseed

[ In Reply To ..]
If I had to download a chunk of files from a practice/hospital, say a whole day's worth of notes, and they wanted H&Ps done first, or a particular report, I'd want to be able to prioritize those files in my cue...we're not talking about those awesome "pools" here (I hope not anyway).

I'm sure there's a way to do it with the program in question, I've just never used it before so can't say. I just wanted to chime in on another possibility so the original poster doesn't get accused of cherry picking.

They would assign as per priority vs NOT - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Where I work, when I look in the queu there may be DS but if an HP comes in I automatically get that first. Thats usually how it works. Priorities over not. Or, they would assign something to you if it were stat. I cannot pick and choose. What a life that would be eh!
That is true. The client/MTSO assigns priorities - sn
[ In Reply To ..]
to jobs, stat and priority dictation come in first, then you take what is next, usually FIFO.

Similar Messages:

Anyone Use Winscribe Internet Typist With IT
May 02, 2011

I know that I had issues getting IT to recognize another platform but can not remember how it was done as it was so long ago.  Any suggestions? ...

Nobody Wants A Typist!
Mar 11, 2014

I have worked from home as an MT for about 10-1/2 years. Before that, I did word processing at a large law firm for 20 years. I've been trying to find a job recently, and having a VERY difficult time. Everybody wants experience I don't have. I tried at a couple factories, and even though they will hire housewives who have never held a job before, they won't hire an ex-typist to work in a factory. Also, I can't stand for 8 hours so they won't consider me for most assembl ...

On Job Board, TYPIST? Seriously? My
May 31, 2015

6th grade daughter is a typist.  She's taken a typing course and is very fast.  I, on the other hand, am a MEDICAL TRANSCRIPTIONIST who has taken courses, had training, and have 25 years of experience with medical terminology, pharmacology, anatomy, ESL physicians, etc.  I will refer my 6th grade daughter to this "typist" job......... ...

Do You Have To Be A Fast Typist To Do Coding?
Apr 02, 2010

nm ...

Yeah, Thats Right. Blame It On The Typist! -sm
May 06, 2010

"A computerized selloff possibly caused by a simple typographical error triggered one of the most turbulent days in Wall Street history..." We get blamed for everything else that goes wrong in business... might as well take the blame for the Stock Market, too. ...

Winscribe Info
Nov 10, 2009

Does anyone know if Winscribe is compatible with Vista, MS Word 2007 and Instant Text? Any tips for using Winscribe? TIA. ...

Windows 7 And WinScribe
Jan 18, 2010

I am about ready to switch from an XP computer to my new Windows 7 computer.  I am wondering if there is anything I need to do to have WinScribe transition flawlessly with the new technology.  Has anyone been using WinScribe and made this transition?  I have tried getting information from the WinScribe website, but the total focus there is sales to new customers. ...

Winscribe Platform?
Jul 21, 2010

Do any of you have experience with the WinScribe platform for typing?  I'm trying to make sure it is easy to use and that MTs can be productive on it.  Thank you. ...

Winscribe Will Not Let Me Appear Offline
Aug 08, 2011

I am a newbie typing under an editor right now, and I need some help with Winscribe.  I have never had this problem and noone can help.  When all of my files/jobs load it will  not let me appear offline.  I have to be offline so others can load their jobs as well.  It is Winscribe 3.7.  I have booted, Reconnect, eveyrthing and nothing is working!!!  Any advice is greatly appreciated. ...

Winscribe Tutorial?
May 29, 2012

Has anyone found a Winscribe tutorial for the old or the new version? All I can find are links to sites that collect hits - no actual tutorials. Thanks. ...

Winscribe Dictation
Oct 15, 2013

How do I decrease the playback on Winscribe?  I have gone to settings and set everything to the lowest numbers on there but it does not change.  Thanks! ...

Winscribe/Windows 8.1
Jun 11, 2015

Is anyone running Winscribe on Windows 8.1? ...

License To Be Able To Work On Winscribe
Oct 17, 2009

I am looking for an license to be able to work on Winscribe.  Can anyone tell me where I  might locate this? ...

How To Use MS WORD Auto Correct Within Winscribe???
May 04, 2011

Does anyone know how to use MSWord auto correct when in side the winscribe system?  If so, I would really appreciate some guidance.   Thank you so much.   Gloria ...

Winscribe Efficient, User-friendly, Etc?
Jul 05, 2012

Have anyone used this platform before.  Is it efficient, user-friendly, etc.  Thanks for the info!  ...

Does Winscribe Work With Instant Text Or Shorthand?
May 20, 2011

I have possibly found an MT position that uses the Winscribe platform.  Does this platform work with Instant Text or Shorthand?  Thanks in advance ...

Infinity IN-USB-1 Driver For Windows 7 (running XP Mode W/ Winscribe)
Jan 13, 2010

I've got Windows 7 Professional on my laptop, and have XP mode set up and running.   I'm using WinScribe and my problem is that XP mode doesn't seem to recognize my foot pedal, but everything else in WinScribe is working great on 7.  Does anyone have a driver that I can get a link to?  Or, is there a new foot  pedal I should look into for this purpose.   I cannot for the life of me find a website with a legitimate driver download and with it bein ...

Internet
May 03, 2010

Does anyone out there use HughesNet?  ...

Internet Provider
Feb 04, 2010

I live in a rural area and have limited options for internet providers.  Currently have satellite but not happy with service.  Anyone know anything about Verizon wireless cards?  What is the speed comparable to?  Dial up?  DSL?  Thanks ...

Internet Connection
May 12, 2010

I was wondering why most companies do not support or want satelite internet???? ...

Paid Internet?
Aug 09, 2010

Just curious--Do any companies still pay for Internet costs anymore or is the trend to take this perk away?  Just wondering. ...

Anyone With Broadband Internet, Do You Go Over 5 GB?
Aug 21, 2010

I have had it with Hughesnet and am going to try Verizon broadband.  I was just wondering if others who use it have any trouble staying under the 5 GB monthly limit.  I really only use my computer for work, work email and a small amount of personal email, paying bills, and facebook.  Very occasionally a you tube video or something like that.  I'm not sure what that all would add up to. ...

Who Is Your Internet Provider?
Jul 21, 2011

Thanks! ...

Satellite Internet
Nov 13, 2011

Any companies that alloow satellite internet? There is no DSL or cable internet available at my new address. The only thing available is satellite. Right now, I'm having to go to my mother's to work so I really am considering trying to find a company that will allow satellite internet. ...

For Those Of You Who Use Satellite Internet...
Dec 06, 2011

What about the download limits they all seem to place on sat internet service.  Do you exceed these limits using it for working?  ...

Internet Shuts Down With Each Job - Help?!
Jan 23, 2012

I use Express Scribe and for no apparent reason three days ago the internet began shutting down EVERY time I click on my next job - I have to open everything back up up to four times before it will finally open the job. I work for dictators who often do 30-second dictations so I spend most of my day opening the internet and Express Scribe back up - maddening! My employer can't help and the techs told her it sounded like security/firewall issue but I haven't updated or added that, onl ...

Internet And Reality
May 01, 2012

You all do know that because this is a public forum, that ANYONE can say WHATEVER they want and pump up their company, MQ, M*Modal, Nuance, ad. naseum?  Right?  You do know that, okay.  Back in the "day", we kinda knew who was who, and what was what; it is not that way anymore.  It is a whole new world.  You can open a new company with a couple bucks, post a lot of "WOW" comments on Google reviews and what-not, hey, looking good, good ratings/reviews.  Really, you&n ...

What Internet Provider Do You Have?
May 23, 2012

Since we work remotely for MTSOs that may be hundreds or even thousands of miles away, can they really tell if we have DSL or calble or satellite or broadband, etc?   I think what I am trying to say is how would they know from that far away what type of internet we have.  I have had terrible luck in landing a job with great experience, 25 years and heavy experience with ESL.  I do not have much in the way of VR, but am willing to learn.  The reason I cannot get a job is ...

Mobile Internet
Sep 12, 2012

I am going to need mobile internet access to work. Sprint has a mobile hotspot for $50 a month that gives you 6 GB of data. I have no idea how many GB I use working. Has anyone ever used a hotspot for working and how did it turn out? Thanks ...

Internet Air Card
Jan 27, 2013

I know there is an internet card that you can buy to get you access to the internet on your computer if you are in an area without direct access. Where would I buy one? I am traveling and will be in a hotel that supposedly has internet but what happens if they don't for some reason. So I will be in range of an internet tower, just not access to wifi or a plug in internet connection. Any help would be great. Just wondering where I get one, and if you might know the cost. I only need it ...