A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

When using VMWare for DQS, do you - sm

Posted: Jun 08, 2011

install the DQS regularly while on your Windows 7, or do you install it directly through the VMWare XP mode?  TIA!

Install it on XP mode - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Install it on the VMware XP machine. Its like having a new computer. I installed DQS, my text expander and I use Microsoft Security Essentials for antivirus since I try not to search/surf on that machine, just switch back and forth to keep everything separate.

Thanks for answering! - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

Question For Ket From Below On VMware Player
Apr 05, 2011

I posted on the thread below, but it was awhile ago, didn't know if I would get a reply, so I'm posting up here. Do I understand you correctly?  You were able to get DQS installed and working on Windows 7 64-bit OS using VMware player?  I tried for a long time and finally gave up and am still using my old clunker.  I also tried XP mode and no foot pedal.  Does it work like XP mode, having to install DQS again in the virtual environment or is it a mirror of your old ...

VMWare Question. If You Install This On
Jun 07, 2011

your Win7, 64-bit computer to run DQS, if you enter your COA from your old computer's WinXP, will it cause you to not be able to use your old computer's WinXP anymore?  I'm assuming you're only supposed to use the Win XP COA on one computer, or does it not matter on the VMWare? ...

Escription/EditScript And Vmware
Aug 10, 2011

Does anyone know if EditScript can be run using VMware? I hate using 2 different computers to work and I would love, love to be able to install a virtual copy of Windows 7 or XP on my Vista computer. I did some online research and found an article back in 2009 that said it does NOT, but was wondering if anyone has had any recent experience?? TIA. ...

VMware Worked, Working On DQS In Windows7
Apr 14, 2011

Just wanted to say thanks again to Ket for posting about VMware and DQS. I can finally use my new computer for work and junk the old one. It took me a while to set up and work out the kinks, but it was so worth it. I didn't have an XP disk so that stumped me for awhile, but I found out I could use the XP Pro that I bought to get XP mode and after that, it was all good. Really cool to have a virutal computer, takes some getting used to, having 2 computers on 1 desktop.   Thanks ag ...

Who Signs On To The VMware View Client In Order To Work
Apr 24, 2012

and is it mandatory??? MModal Tech and my cable company say it is causing me to lag in a major way...so I kind of dont use it anymore...not that anyone knows yet!!!  just curious ...