A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

who signs on to the VMware View Client in order to work - or am I the only idiot?

Posted: Apr 24, 2012

and is it mandatory??? MModal Tech and my cable company say it is causing me to lag in a major way...so I kind of dont use it anymore...not that anyone knows yet!!!  just curious

is it a VPN? - slave wages

[ In Reply To ..]
try it without it.

VPN? not sure, it is their vitrutal desktop though - Oh I am off it

[ In Reply To ..]
Just wondering how long till I get either a nasty gram or a good-bye for not following the rules...Im paranoid I think it is a tracking mechanism they use, Im relatively new here and was told to put it on my computer...even a 1 second lag is killer in this game and I have had up to 3 sec lags...

Huh? (sm) - What now?

[ In Reply To ..]
I've never heard of it. Are you on DQS? I've used DQS for years and years and never heard of that.

I use VMware player, but never told to - Me

[ In Reply To ..]
I use VMware player on my Windows 7 computer so I can use DQS. No one from the company ever told me to, I just did it because I was tired of using my old slow computer. My newer computer has 4 GB of RAM and the VMware uses 2 of that, so it is not slow at all. Don't really understand what you are referring to, maybe more info?

VMware - Irritated MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't find a problem with the virtual desktop except that I can't use my Instant Text with it. The instant text will only dock to the MT Float and not to DQS. Very, very irritating. I've only worked for 2 days with the company and my production is ridiculous without my expanders!

Similar Messages:

Bilateral Knee X-ray Today Including A S/l Rosen View, Erosion View Show...
Aug 23, 2011

. ...

When Using VMWare For DQS, Do You
Jun 08, 2011

install the DQS regularly while on your Windows 7, or do you install it directly through the VMWare XP mode?  TIA! ...

Question For Ket From Below On VMware Player
Apr 05, 2011

I posted on the thread below, but it was awhile ago, didn't know if I would get a reply, so I'm posting up here. Do I understand you correctly?  You were able to get DQS installed and working on Windows 7 64-bit OS using VMware player?  I tried for a long time and finally gave up and am still using my old clunker.  I also tried XP mode and no foot pedal.  Does it work like XP mode, having to install DQS again in the virtual environment or is it a mirror of your old ...

VMWare Question. If You Install This On
Jun 07, 2011

your Win7, 64-bit computer to run DQS, if you enter your COA from your old computer's WinXP, will it cause you to not be able to use your old computer's WinXP anymore?  I'm assuming you're only supposed to use the Win XP COA on one computer, or does it not matter on the VMWare? ...

Escription/EditScript And Vmware
Aug 10, 2011

Does anyone know if EditScript can be run using VMware? I hate using 2 different computers to work and I would love, love to be able to install a virtual copy of Windows 7 or XP on my Vista computer. I did some online research and found an article back in 2009 that said it does NOT, but was wondering if anyone has had any recent experience?? TIA. ...

VMware Worked, Working On DQS In Windows7
Apr 14, 2011

Just wanted to say thanks again to Ket for posting about VMware and DQS. I can finally use my new computer for work and junk the old one. It took me a while to set up and work out the kinks, but it was so worth it. I didn't have an XP disk so that stumped me for awhile, but I found out I could use the XP Pro that I bought to get XP mode and after that, it was all good. Really cool to have a virutal computer, takes some getting used to, having 2 computers on 1 desktop.   Thanks ag ...

Dictating Out Of Order
Dec 07, 2009

This is driving me crazy!  My main account has several docs that dictate their review of systems and PE out of body system order, like instead of the neck head down, they dictate the abdomen or extremities first.  ...

(s/l) *low Order* Ramp...SM
Aug 29, 2010

The patient exercised today on a 2-minute children’s treadmill protocol.  I chose this protocol since there is (s/l) *low-order* or *well-order* ramp which I thought would be less likely to cause pelvic discomfort. ...

First, Second, Third-order... Angiography
May 02, 2011

Can anybody enlighten me on what is meant by the first-order.... angiography?  I've been trying to google it and it doesn't really explain. ...

Job Order Question
Oct 07, 2011

Does anyone know the order in which we get our jobs?  I mean I know that they are not first come first serve because the times are off.  Thanks! ...

Where Can I Order Headphones
Dec 30, 2014

Where can I order headphones that are of good quality and will not need a second mortgage to afford?  Thanks ...

Will Order _____ Legionella
Jan 15, 2010

Dictator says:  I will order ____ legionella.  It sounds like for-seat-um legionella. ...

Order Of Reference Materials
May 07, 2010

I know I have come across the answer to this question in the past, but can't seem to put my fingers on it now......  1.  CP   2/3.  BOS then Standards OR Standards then BOS?  In reference to the q.h.s. question...  since all 3 references usually appear somewhere on each CP, would not q.h.s.  vs nightly depend on the order of reference materials used?  The vast majority of my CPs have "BOS and Standards" at top and JCAHO at the bottom. ...

What Software Do I Need In Order To Get A Few Clients Of My Own?
Jun 20, 2013

I was just wondering if I wanted to acquire a few clients on my own, what type of software do I need besides something like Express Scribe?  Those of you who have your own accounts, what do you use?   Thank you :) ...

How Do I Upgrade In Order To See Swap Board? NM
Apr 09, 2010

No message ...

Transcribe Headings In Order Dictated?
Dec 05, 2010

I see this now at the top of some reports.  Anyone have any idea what this means exactly?  I remember reading about it in the DQS 6.1 update, but my screen looks nothing like that.  I've just been transcribing as usual.  ????  Am I missing something? ...

Why Aren't The Archives In Date Order?
Oct 31, 2011

Looking through archives here for info on a couple of companies, who uses ChartNet and so forth... there is NO order to the way posts are listed.  Why is that?  It should be an easy fix and soooooooooo helpful! ...

Question- Order Of Headings In Consult/H&P
Aug 26, 2012

I have a couple dictators who dictate impression/plan at the beginning of their reports. This comes through in ASR and so I have been leaving these at the beginning of the report even though it is not the way I was taught to do traditional H&P, consultation reports. I am not on a verbatim account. Also, the client profile does not mention this at all. Is it okay to leave the imp/plan at the top of report, or should I change these? ...

Flip Switch In Order To Use 2 Computers
Oct 29, 2012

Just bought Flip USB with audio KVM switch in order to be able to have 1 dedicated computer for work only and the other computer for unrelated work items. Have never used one of these before and just wondering if you were in your work program on 1, if you switch over to the other computer for say checking email, does the work computer shut down? I would hate for that to happen and perhaps lose work. Thanks. ...

MModal Guidelines Order Of Importance
Feb 12, 2014

With all this talk of people being audited more frequently, including myself.  I thought I'd try to help out a little.  MModal follows 4 documents when it comes to formatting, and they are really cracking down on it.  They have a certain order in which to follow, one trumping the other.  If you can't find what you are looking for in the first document, move on to the next one.  Here's the order: 1.  Client profile - this will list any exceptions to t ...

L Signs ??
May 06, 2011

Extraocular muscles intact.  (L signs) clear.  No wheezes  ...

What Do You Get When You Order Instant Text From The Fitaly Site?
Jun 22, 2010

The site talks about how it works and how much it costs, but I don't see whether you get a link to a download or if they send you a copy on CD, and does it come with a hard-copy manual, or just a help file? It's a lot of money to spend, so I'd really like a better idea of what I'll be getting for it. Is their support good? Thanks. ...

Do Not Order From Digital Dictation And Transcription Store
Feb 28, 2012

Do not order from Digital Dictation and Transcription Store.  I received a hand control that did not and returned the item.  They charged me a 20% restocking fee, shipping to me and return shipping for them for a total of almost $55. ...

How Long Would I Have To Be Working There In Order To Receive Unemployment
Mar 29, 2012

If I lost my job, how long would I have to be working there in order to receive UE? Is there a certain time frame, i.e., 6 months, a year? Thanks in advance. ...

Where Would I Start, In Order To Report A HIPAA Violation?
Oct 15, 2014

I think this really should be reported and looked into,  as long as we're all supposed to be taking HIPAA so seriously. And, no, it doesn't matter what the violation was, I'm not posting it here for everyone to argue over the dirty details. ...

I Wonder If Recruiters Read Emails In Order Received?
Feb 26, 2015

Or do they just start reading when they open their email?  I was the 11th view of a job I was perfect for, and I'll bet I am buried under the rest of the responses.  No offense to anyone.  It just seems moot to even try anymore since there is a glut of us and not enough decent jobs to go around.  I want out of this here "career" anyway.  It's a good thing, Martha Stewart.    ...

Revandibrit Signs??
Oct 21, 2009

The patient has a UTI. "Abdomen is soft and non-tender. No revandabrit signs" revandibrit??? ...

Thyroid Eye Signs? Nm
Oct 21, 2009

nm ...

No Signs Of New S/l Papilardiracteroid
Dec 07, 2009

No signs of new s/l papilardiracteroid.  Wounds are currently healing. ...

H & P Vital Signs:
Jan 25, 2011

Please help.....I know I've heard this before but am drawing a complete blank....On examination, temperature 97, blood pressure 139/73, heart rate 89, respiratory rate 16.  She is 93% s/l on rule _______.  She runs this and General Appearance together and I just can't get it.  Thank you so much for any help. ...