A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

PDOC/Dragon/Meditech - Shirl

Posted: Apr 19, 2013

Anyone out there doing QA for PDOC/Dragon programs, in Meditech?  We are just finding out that ONLY the physician can access and do editing, which is not working out.  Does anyone know if there any "fixes" for this so that a transcriptionist/editor can "clean up" the reports? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

try the tech board or let MTs type again. really, we don't mind. - had to have that technology huh. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
good luck

I love your "Really, we don't mind - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

Meditech/EMR
May 23, 2011

I work for a small hospital and we have just recently started typing our H&P's into EMR. The problem with EMR is that it uses Word (not Microsoft Word) and we have no auto correct and no medical spell checker. We were told that we could not get either installed in the EMR. Does anyone know if this is true or not? Also, we were told that we could not cut and paste into the EMR, which is what we had been doing due to no auto correct or spell checker, because it is noncompliance with the H ...

Meditech Question
Nov 06, 2009

I accidentally added the wrong spelling of a word in the dictionary in Meditech.  Anyone know how to delete this from the dictionary?  Thanks a ton! ...

Meditech Lines
Feb 26, 2010

I am wonderinig about how Meditech counts lines; if they pay on 65 character line and say meditech does not have that many characters on a line, but around 49-50, do you come out less or does it equal out in the end ?  Thanks everyone.  Just love the program ...

MEDITECH MAGIC HELP
Jun 30, 2010

Is anyone currently working on Meditech Magic platform and using Autocorrects?  I cannot find where or how to add these on the Magic platform.  Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!! ...

Question About Meditech
Sep 08, 2010

I have an opportunity to cover weekends on an account that uses the Meditech platform. I have not used this before. Is it difficult to learn? Are there many steps or can you fly through it?  ...

Meditech F9 Issue
Dec 16, 2010

My fiance is learning meditech and is very frustrated.  When she enters the patient id and hits f9 the program freezes up and she can't do anything.   She is using a dell laptop.   How can we fix this problem?   thanks ...

Anybody Ever Work With Meditech? 
Mar 07, 2012

Anybody ever work with Meditech?  ...

Anyone Hate Meditech As Much As I Do?
Jun 29, 2012

Anyone hate meditech as much as I do?  It is impossible to type more than 50 reports unless you work more than 8 hours a day.  They dont care if you work more than 8 hours a day, (cause there is tons of work) but don't put that on your time card.  You have to work on your days off cause you don't make enough money unless you do.  If you only get paid 1 dollar per report you can go on disability for the rest of your life and pretty much live on 900 a month anyway.  meditech has so ...

Applied At KS. Ad Says They Use Meditech. S/M
Jul 03, 2012

I just searched the archives for Meditech 2012 and this platform sounds like it sucks.  I have just learned the Escription platform but I need a day job and hate this VR crap.  My question is you who are working on Meditech, is it still time consuming and cutting into your pay?   ...

Meditech - Bold
Jun 17, 2015

Need some assistance with Bolding in Meditech. Say for example I need to bold a heading and I've already typed the heading without the bold. Are there certain function keys where I can bold the heading? Thanks for any help ...

Meditech Copy And Paste
Nov 11, 2009

I'm just training on an old version of Meditech, I think it's V 4.5.  I don't see any way to block text or copy and paste.  My trainer isn't familiar with this version, either.   Does anyone know how to do it?  Thanks! ...

Anyone Have Any Knowledge Of The Meditech Platform
Nov 21, 2009

Does anyone have any knowledge of the Meditech platform. I start with a new company soon and have no idea how it works. Would like to go into training with the learning curve in my favor... ...

Meditech Magic Platform
Jun 30, 2010

Hi, I was wondering if anyone is famiiliar with the Meditech Magic platform and how to use Autocorrects?  I recently started a new job with this platform and cannot find where or how to add Autocorrects.  Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!  Thank you. ...

What The Meditech Shift Plus F Keys Do
Apr 15, 2010

I am looking for anyone that has some information on what the Meditech shift plus F keys do.  For instance, if I am editing in a document and want to change the font to bold while in the document, how do I mark the text I want to change and then bold it?  I have just been assigned a new account and it is driving me crazy. I used Meditech many years ago and have forgotten how to do a lot of the functions. Thanks in advance.   ...

Need Help Running Lines In Meditech 4.0
Nov 05, 2010

I'm using Meditech 4.0 for the first time and can't figure out how to run transcription lines.  The facility typically pays by the hour and is paying by line for the first time, so they aren't familiar with how to do it either.  Their IT department is busy and not able to give me much help.  Anybody know how to do it? ...

MediTech/Word Autocorrect
Apr 24, 2011

Does anyone know if you can use the Word autocorrect expanders with the platform Meditech? ...

Shortcut For Windows And Meditech
Oct 04, 2011

Howdy....Anyone work for Keystrokes?   Do you know if Shortcut for Windows works on Meditech platform? ...

How To BOLD A Word In Meditech In Mox
Jan 26, 2012

I need to know how to BOLD a word in Meditech in Mox ...

Creating Normals In Meditech
Feb 01, 2012

Hi, Can anyone tell me how to create normals in Meditech?  I am trying to set up my normals for all the headings for each particular doctor so they will already be bolded.  It is time consuming bolding the headings.  Trying to figure out ways to be proficient, as my line minimum went up.   Any help would be appreciated. Thanks   ...

Canned Text Meditech
Apr 30, 2012

How do you make a canned text in Meditech or is there even a way to make a canned text in it?   TIA ...

Any Experience With Meditech Platform?
Jun 20, 2012

Anyone out there have any experience with Meditech platform? Keystrokes has been advertising a position for FT straight typing on it. Any input is appreciated. ...

Keystrokes / Meditech Experience
Sep 18, 2012

Even though I meed all other requirements and would be thrilled to get my foot in the door at Keystrokes, is "must have Meditech experience" a deal breaker for them? ...

Has Anyone Worked On The Meditech Platform
Apr 30, 2013

Hi all, Has anyone worked on the Meditech platform? I have a maybe job that uses it, and I'm just wondering if it's cumbersome, slow, etc. I'm used to DQS/Fluency and I have heard that other platforms are not as user friendly as the DQS/Fluency. Thank so much.   ...

Working On The Meditech Platform??
Jul 03, 2014

Does anyone have a cheat sheet for working on the Meditech platform?? Anything with pointers would help. thank you. ...

Meditech Is A Horror To Learn
Jul 24, 2014

Are there any MTs on the board that are currently using, have used Meditech? Years ago I was told Meditech is a horror to learn and use, very slow and cumbersome jumping screen to screen before actually typing anything.  Does this still hold true? Has it been improved? Any comments would be appreciated.  TIA. ...

Meditech And Word 2003
Oct 21, 2014

Has anyone had this problem and found a solution? I work in Meditech with Word 2003. Whenever I create autocorrect entries, they will work for that session, but the next time I log on, they've all disappeared. This is very frustrating. Really hoping to find a solution! Thanks. ...

Using Dragon But Need Help, Please
Dec 05, 2009

Just got Dragon 10.  Install and setup went smoothly (although tedious) and was using it without a problem for almost a week.  Then one day it just stopped working.  The program won't even start.  Anyone else have this problem and if so, how'd you fix it?  I want to avoid reinstalling it since it already has several user profiles set up and was working well. Also, I noticed it's a HUGE resource hog and I really can't run anything else at the same ti ...

EMR With Dragon
Feb 21, 2010

Does anyone here do editing with Dragon?  The office that I have worked for for 9 years went to EMR last year. They have not had anyone editing their stuff and it looks like crap.  The office manager sent me an email asking if I would be interested in doing the editing now that the last doctor is going to start on the EMR system.  I do not know what the name of the EMR system is only that the docs use Dragon to dictate into.  I have several ques ...

Dragon And P.o.
Sep 11, 2012

Does anyone know how to add p.o. into the vocabulary editor of Dragon? The problem comes up due to there being no "spoken form" that the system recognizes. Thanks in advance!   ...

DRAGON QA
Jun 25, 2013

I work for a hospital doing acute care/clinic work. We have a handful of docs using Dragon, and the plans for the future are to implement "Dynamic Dictation" for all clinic providers. Administration recently notified us that they want us to start doing QA on the docs who use Dragon. Of course, we are thrilled as this means job security. Just wondering if anyone else is doing the same? ...