A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

any experience with Meditech platform? - beaten down

Posted: Jun 20, 2012

Anyone out there have any experience with Meditech platform? Keystrokes has been advertising a position for FT straight typing on it. Any input is appreciated.

Meditech - oldone

[ In Reply To ..]
Meditech is not a very good system for speed. I have worked on it twice and then refused to work on it a 3rd time. When I worked on it, the report was on different "screens." If you left a screen and wanted to make corrections to another screen, several keystrokes were required to get back to where you need to make the correction. May have improved (hope so) but not a good way to make any money. Works like an old DOS program.

Some Meditech is DOS, some is Windows, depends on which version. - Love Meditech

[ In Reply To ..]
Meditech was installed at our hospital this year. Their newest program is pretty easy to use and easy to get lines.

I have worked on Meditech Magic before also, which looks like DOS. I did very well on it.

MediTech - Runamok

[ In Reply To ..]
I worked on MediTech about 5 or 6 years ago in-house. I found it to be slow (compared to M-Modal) although I didn't mind it. Since I left that hospital, they had put in an extra monitor for the transcriptionists to use for switching screens. I don't really understand how this works for them any better, but I did find it a more cumbersome program and not very transcriptionist friendly when searching for a patient as we had to go into another program, but it could just be the way that hospital was.

Similar Messages:

Keystrokes / Meditech Experience
Sep 18, 2012

Even though I meed all other requirements and would be thrilled to get my foot in the door at Keystrokes, is "must have Meditech experience" a deal breaker for them? ...

Anyone Have Any Knowledge Of The Meditech Platform
Nov 21, 2009

Does anyone have any knowledge of the Meditech platform. I start with a new company soon and have no idea how it works. Would like to go into training with the learning curve in my favor... ...

Meditech Magic Platform
Jun 30, 2010

Hi, I was wondering if anyone is famiiliar with the Meditech Magic platform and how to use Autocorrects?  I recently started a new job with this platform and cannot find where or how to add Autocorrects.  Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!  Thank you. ...

Has Anyone Worked On The Meditech Platform
Apr 30, 2013

Hi all, Has anyone worked on the Meditech platform? I have a maybe job that uses it, and I'm just wondering if it's cumbersome, slow, etc. I'm used to DQS/Fluency and I have heard that other platforms are not as user friendly as the DQS/Fluency. Thank so much.   ...

Working On The Meditech Platform??
Jul 03, 2014

Does anyone have a cheat sheet for working on the Meditech platform?? Anything with pointers would help. thank you. ...

Hired As An IC On An Account That Uses The Meditech Platform
Dec 19, 2013

Hi Everyone! I just got a call that I have been hired as an IC on an account that uses the Meditech platform. Anything anyone can tell me about it. This is my first job being paid for production. They have a 99% QA. I also am in a hiring process with another company as an employee. I feel a little more comfortable working for them, but it depends on what schedule they offer. The IC company is 24/7 but the work is not always there. I have to investigate a little further but they ...

Keystrokes - B4, Docuscribe Platform, Meditech, C-phone (requires ULD)
Nov 20, 2009

Could anybody please describe these platforms and which one(s) are the better?    B4, Docuscribe platform, Meditech, C-phone (requires ULD).  Thank you. ...

Platform Experience
Sep 20, 2010

How, in searching for job, do I even begin to acquaint myself with each & every platform out there? Nearly each job posting uses something different. I had ExpressScribe when at careestep, but notice not many companies use that. ...

Anyone Have Experience With Chartnet Platform?
Feb 24, 2012

Anyone have experience with chartnet platform?  What is it like to work on, and are there any compatibility issues if you have chartscript or other platforms already on computer? thanks ...

Anyone With Experience On WebChartMD Platform?
Aug 28, 2014

Is it user friendly, productive, etc?  Interested in the good, bad, and ugly.  TIA. ...

Anyone Have Experience With Turn Around Time Transcription Co? Or Medrite XL Platform?
Jun 12, 2013

Hi, I recently spoke to someone from Turn Around Time Transcription.  I had found their ad on mtjobs.com.  Does anyone have any knowledge of this company?  They use the Medrite XL platform and the owner told me all the transcriptionists said it was an easy platform to work on, but then I looked it up and MTs were complaining about the line counts being so low.  Any info on either the company or the platform?  Thanks, Kathy ...

Meditech/EMR
May 23, 2011

I work for a small hospital and we have just recently started typing our H&P's into EMR. The problem with EMR is that it uses Word (not Microsoft Word) and we have no auto correct and no medical spell checker. We were told that we could not get either installed in the EMR. Does anyone know if this is true or not? Also, we were told that we could not cut and paste into the EMR, which is what we had been doing due to no auto correct or spell checker, because it is noncompliance with the H ...

New Graduate - Experience In Transcription Is Experience
Nov 11, 2009

I am a new graduate and need to find a job! I am also new to this site. I got the site info from a friend that has been doing transcription work for many years. She has given me some leads, but as of now, nothing! It appears that most of these companies wnat 2 or more years experience. Does anyone know how I can start and get some experience? I suppose in anything and not just medical. Experience in transcription is experience, right? ...

Meditech Question
Nov 06, 2009

I accidentally added the wrong spelling of a word in the dictionary in Meditech.  Anyone know how to delete this from the dictionary?  Thanks a ton! ...

Meditech Lines
Feb 26, 2010

I am wonderinig about how Meditech counts lines; if they pay on 65 character line and say meditech does not have that many characters on a line, but around 49-50, do you come out less or does it equal out in the end ?  Thanks everyone.  Just love the program ...

MEDITECH MAGIC HELP
Jun 30, 2010

Is anyone currently working on Meditech Magic platform and using Autocorrects?  I cannot find where or how to add these on the Magic platform.  Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!! ...

Question About Meditech
Sep 08, 2010

I have an opportunity to cover weekends on an account that uses the Meditech platform. I have not used this before. Is it difficult to learn? Are there many steps or can you fly through it?  ...

Meditech F9 Issue
Dec 16, 2010

My fiance is learning meditech and is very frustrated.  When she enters the patient id and hits f9 the program freezes up and she can't do anything.   She is using a dell laptop.   How can we fix this problem?   thanks ...

Anybody Ever Work With Meditech? 
Mar 07, 2012

Anybody ever work with Meditech?  ...

Anyone Hate Meditech As Much As I Do?
Jun 29, 2012

Anyone hate meditech as much as I do?  It is impossible to type more than 50 reports unless you work more than 8 hours a day.  They dont care if you work more than 8 hours a day, (cause there is tons of work) but don't put that on your time card.  You have to work on your days off cause you don't make enough money unless you do.  If you only get paid 1 dollar per report you can go on disability for the rest of your life and pretty much live on 900 a month anyway.  meditech has so ...

Applied At KS. Ad Says They Use Meditech. S/M
Jul 03, 2012

I just searched the archives for Meditech 2012 and this platform sounds like it sucks.  I have just learned the Escription platform but I need a day job and hate this VR crap.  My question is you who are working on Meditech, is it still time consuming and cutting into your pay?   ...

Meditech - Bold
Jun 17, 2015

Need some assistance with Bolding in Meditech. Say for example I need to bold a heading and I've already typed the heading without the bold. Are there certain function keys where I can bold the heading? Thanks for any help ...

Meditech Copy And Paste
Nov 11, 2009

I'm just training on an old version of Meditech, I think it's V 4.5.  I don't see any way to block text or copy and paste.  My trainer isn't familiar with this version, either.   Does anyone know how to do it?  Thanks! ...

What The Meditech Shift Plus F Keys Do
Apr 15, 2010

I am looking for anyone that has some information on what the Meditech shift plus F keys do.  For instance, if I am editing in a document and want to change the font to bold while in the document, how do I mark the text I want to change and then bold it?  I have just been assigned a new account and it is driving me crazy. I used Meditech many years ago and have forgotten how to do a lot of the functions. Thanks in advance.   ...

Need Help Running Lines In Meditech 4.0
Nov 05, 2010

I'm using Meditech 4.0 for the first time and can't figure out how to run transcription lines.  The facility typically pays by the hour and is paying by line for the first time, so they aren't familiar with how to do it either.  Their IT department is busy and not able to give me much help.  Anybody know how to do it? ...

MediTech/Word Autocorrect
Apr 24, 2011

Does anyone know if you can use the Word autocorrect expanders with the platform Meditech? ...

Shortcut For Windows And Meditech
Oct 04, 2011

Howdy....Anyone work for Keystrokes?   Do you know if Shortcut for Windows works on Meditech platform? ...

How To BOLD A Word In Meditech In Mox
Jan 26, 2012

I need to know how to BOLD a word in Meditech in Mox ...

Creating Normals In Meditech
Feb 01, 2012

Hi, Can anyone tell me how to create normals in Meditech?  I am trying to set up my normals for all the headings for each particular doctor so they will already be bolded.  It is time consuming bolding the headings.  Trying to figure out ways to be proficient, as my line minimum went up.   Any help would be appreciated. Thanks   ...

Canned Text Meditech
Apr 30, 2012

How do you make a canned text in Meditech or is there even a way to make a canned text in it?   TIA ...