A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Medrite-XL - mt86

Posted: Aug 05, 2011

Anyone have any info on Medrite-XL? I'm starting with a company that uses it. I've used the old DOS Medrite, but this is new to me. Just wondering if anyone has any tips or info before I get started. Thanks!

Cornerstone? nm - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Be very careful.

Terrible platform - dmz

[ In Reply To ..]
Used it at 2 places I worked and it is very cumbersome and slow upload/download. Not worth the line rate cos time is money and if you aren't producing, you aren't making any. JMO.

Medrite-XL - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Well, hope you have better luck with this platform than I did.

It is very, very low to start the program up. Like I would sign into it at the beginning of my shift and would literally have to wait and wait for it to go through its thing for me to start transcribing. I would walk away and get my coffee, etc., come back and its still loading. Awful, awful.

Then, to add misery to my day with this platform, I had a hard time with the actual voice files, which they blamed on my internet connection.

All in all, I had a bad experience and had to leave the company I was with because I could not get my line count because of the voice files. Every time I would take my foot off the pedal and then started back up again it would have to reload the voice file again and so I would have to wait, wait.

UG. Hope you have a better experience.

Medrite XL - Mindlessbear

[ In Reply To ..]
I use Medrite XL where I work and love it. I don't find it slow at all, and doing demographics is very quick and easy. I have no problem with the audio either. I worked for another company for about a month, and hated their system of demographics, but I really enjoy Medrite XL.

medrite - eastcoastMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I love Medrite XL the third version! I used Docqscribe before and thought it stunk out-loud. This is so user friendly. Besides when doing clinic notes, you can go back, copy and paste a previous date, make the necessary changes the dr wants and cha ching! I have no probs with loading of the platform, the voice, as well as with the demographics. I think it is the best one I have used in years. Good luck.

Similar Messages:

MedRite XL
Sep 26, 2014

Somehow the appearance of my documents is different.  Not sure what happened.  I would like to get it back to the "normal" appearance.  Right now it is set at 133% and I know that is not where it was but when I put it at 100%, that does not seem quite right either.  Is there a way to set it in between the 2?  TIA ...

MedRite Platform
Sep 28, 2011

Does anyone have any info on this system?  Is it user friendly?  Is it compatible with Instantext?  Thanks. ...

MedRite-XL Question
Jun 09, 2015

I work using MedRite-XL.  How do I use the "take a break" function.  It won't let me click on it.  Tia. ...

Instant Text And Medrite
May 22, 2010

Just got Instant Text and can't get the darn think to work. It works when I type in the Instant Text box, but when I link it with Microsoft Word or Medrite and start typing in those apps nothing happens with Instant Text, everything just stays blank. I called the service number and left a message and haven't heard back. ...

ShortCut Into Medrite Glossary
Jan 13, 2011

I am currently working in Medrite and need instructions on how to import entries from ShortCut for windows into the glossary, if it is possible.  Does anyone know how to do this?  Many thanks in advance. ...

MedRite - Some Insight On This System?
Apr 19, 2011

Can anyone give me some insight on this system? Thanks! ...

Anyone Familiar With The Medrite Platform
Dec 31, 2011

Is anyone familiar with the Medrite platform.  If so, how is it?  Can you use PC Shorthand on it?  Thank you for your replies. ...

Dragon Naturally Speaking & Medrite
Sep 24, 2010

Does anyone know if Dragon Naturally Speaking can work with the old verson of the old Medrite transcription platform? Thanks. ...

Looking For Current Information On The Medrite Platform, Please (sm)
Jan 04, 2012

The last post that I could find was from 2009 so hoping that things have improved with it.  Is it compatible with Windows 7?  Is it Word-based?  Can you use your own expander with it?  Any information at all would be greatly appreciated! ...

Pros And Cons Of The Medrite Platform
Apr 15, 2013

Would like to hear pros and cons of the Medrite platform.  Have not heard of this one before, so anything you have to say about it would be appreciated.  Thank you. ...

Has Anybody Been Successful With Getting Shorthand To Work With MedRite XL? Sm
Jun 24, 2014

If so, I would love to talk to you about it as I really need some help :)) ...

Instant Text And Medrite ... Cannot Figure Out How To Get It To Work
May 21, 2010

I recently got Instant Text and cannot figure out how to get it to work. I installed it, pulled up Medrite and linked them up and when I type in Medrite nothing happens on Instant Text. I tried to see if it would work with word, and it did for about two seconds then went back to blank in Instant Text. I don't know how to pull up my old reports to import to Instant Text, so I figured i'd just use the glossaries it comes with and let it build up as I go. This is driving me crazy, if anyo ...

Crescendo MedRite XL Seeking Answers On Line Counts
Feb 11, 2013

Throwing this out to any and all--MTs, management, office staff, programmers--regarding the Crescendo MedRite XL platform for transcription.  Went to work for a company recently using this (their one and only mode for the work to be completed) and in my multiple decades as a highly qualified and sought-after medical transcriptionist I have never worked so hard for so little. Mangement's response to my outcries regarding the pitiful line counts on their program/accounts is simply, "Jus ...

Anyone Have Experience With Turn Around Time Transcription Co? Or Medrite XL Platform?
Jun 12, 2013

Hi, I recently spoke to someone from Turn Around Time Transcription.  I had found their ad on mtjobs.com.  Does anyone have any knowledge of this company?  They use the Medrite XL platform and the owner told me all the transcriptionists said it was an easy platform to work on, but then I looked it up and MTs were complaining about the line counts being so low.  Any info on either the company or the platform?  Thanks, Kathy ...