A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Expander program - workin

Posted: Nov 28, 2011

I need some suggestions on an expander program that works with Word 2010. I have downloaded the free trial of Instant Text and do not like it. I want something simple. Bells and whistles not needed. TIA!

Try Shorthand - I liked it better than IT

[ In Reply To ..]
It's pretty basic, but I liked it a lot better than Instant Text. It's pretty easy to use.

shorthand10 - pbj

[ In Reply To ..]
hated instant text too. shorthand better.

SH has lots of bells and whistles for those who wish, - but it is just easier to use and get up to speed.

[ In Reply To ..]
BTW, the one thing SH does not have that IT does is the automatic dictionary building feature, but anyone who later wants that can use another program, found on a web search of this issue and discussed at length elsewhere, to do that for it.

Autocorrect works semi-okay but is not a professional program, a relatively primitive version with many deficits compared to the real thing, and I definitely recommend against settling for it.

autotext/autocorrect feature in Word - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Check it out. I find it robust, easy to use, and continue to add my own shorthand continually. Plus, it's part of Word, so it's free.

I LOVE autocorrect - However

[ In Reply To ..]
My employer is switching over to a non-Word based platform after the 1st of the year and none of my autocorrects will move. I am so sad. I have so many autocorrects in there it will take me months to rebuild them all.

autocorrect - workin

[ In Reply To ..]
Autocorrect is going to work perfectly! This is exactly what I was looking for. I wasn't sure if Word had it and when I tried to look, I couldn't find it. Thanks again! I'm entering all my shortcuts since I'm out of work! lol

Expander - Workin

[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you all! I'm going to check them out and see which I like best!

Similar Messages:

More Than One Company's Expander Program
Mar 15, 2010

I have several computers and use more than one company's expander program.  I want to buy an expander program for my home computer.  I also do one contract using my home computer.  Any suggestions on the best and reasonably priced expander?  Thanks to anyone who replies.  ...

Why Do I Need A Word Expander Program
Aug 17, 2013

Why do I need a word expander program if the company I work for uses Word 2007 and I can use autocorrect options?    ...

Word Expander Program
Feb 28, 2014

This really is not a company question, but can anyone recommend a good Word Expander program that works with Word 2003?  thank you :) ...

Precyse Expander Program
Sep 23, 2014

Does anyone know what expander program another company such as Precyse uses? At Nuance, we simply use Microsoft Word and don't have to pay for a separate expander program. Is that the same with Precyse? ...

Word Expander Program Messing Up.
Feb 10, 2011

I have Sylvan Software's Shortcut program, which I have had for 4 years now.  Lately, it has been screwing up on me.  When I do something like add a letter in editing, such as an a, it will put in an expansion as if I typed a two-letter abbreviation, like ua for urinalysis, or aa for aortic aneurysm.  Also, if I add a comma, it will throw in an expansion randomly, at least it seems random. Could it be that the program is old?  Can they get old?  This is a fairly ne ...

What Is A Good Word Expander Program? Nm
Apr 17, 2011

x ...

Looking For A Good Word Expander Program
Sep 13, 2012

I'm looking for a good word expander program.  Any ideas/recommendations? ...

Does Phoenix Medcom's Platform Have An Expander Program? Sm
Jan 08, 2010

Or do you need to purchase something separate such as Shorthand? ...

Recommend A Good Word Expander Program?
Jun 01, 2010

Can anyone recommend a good word expander program?  Preferably free or inexpensive?  Thanks! ...

Word Expander Program For WORD
Jan 29, 2012

Can anyone recommend a word expander program that they have used.  I have been doing transcription work for a local doctor for a few years and finally have decided to purchase this as I use word expander in other work I do for a transcription company.  I do not want to spend a lot but want to be sure when I purchase something that is it the best out there.  Thanks!  ...

Is The CareerStep Medical Coding Program A Good Program?
Nov 22, 2010

TIA ...

Expander
Nov 24, 2009

Does anybody know if the DocQscribe expander can transfer between different MTSOs?  I recently got a part-time job that is also on DQS platform and I don't want to have to start all over on my expanders at this new company.  My MQ expander file is quite large and years in the making.  Thank you. ...

ASR And Expander
Dec 24, 2009

The dictator says the same paragraph every time.  In ASR, do you have to weed through the whole paragraph, or can you use your expander?  If you can use your expansion, what do you do with the ASR paragraph?  ...

Expander Help??
Apr 10, 2010

Hi there!  I'm new to MQ and have a question about the built in work expander program.  How can you access it to put in new expansions/macros and NOT download jobs?  I hope this isn't too dumb of a question, but I'm getting desperate (: ...

Do You Use An Expander?
Aug 16, 2010

I've been doing transcription for 20+ years and have never used an expander program (such as Instant Text or Shorthand), except for what one can create with the Auto Text/Auto Correct functions in Word. I straight transcribe an average of 180-190 lph.  If I were to purchase an expander program, by how much do those of you who use expanders think I could increase my production? I'm thinking about getting the InstantText free trial and seeing how I do, but then decided to take a l ...

Expander In DQS
Sep 13, 2010

Can anyone tell me the best expander to use in DQS? What is everyone's preference? I have SH and before I renew, just wondered if there was one that worked better with DQS ...

Does Anyone Use An Expander For DQS
Sep 13, 2010

I asked this before and got no response, does anyone use an expander for DQS and if so, which one? This is not for MQ (luckily)? Thanks, appreciate the help. ...

IT Expander
Nov 18, 2011

Does anyone still use IT expander with MQ?  Mine is outdated and since I have a new computer I would like to purchase a new IT expander but just want to make sure if it still works. TIA ...

Best Expander...sm
Feb 27, 2013

Most of my reports are done on Word 2010.  I recently learned after having problems with the AutoCorrect shutting down Word every time I misspelled something in my AutoCorrect entry list that AutoCorrect has a limit to how many entries you can add.    Just wondering what the best expander is.  I have Windows 7 and don't plan on upgrading to 8 right now.  Any suggestions (pros and cons especially) would be appreciated. ...

Does Anyone Have A Word Expander?
Nov 03, 2009

Does anyone have a word expander? and how are they and do they work good. I need to get one. How much do they cost? ...

ExText And Your Own Expander?
Nov 03, 2009

I just started with a company that uses Extext.  I do not want to use the expander with this as I love my Instant Text.  Can somebody please tell me how to shut off the Extext expander?  TIA ...

Using Expander Commands In VR
Nov 16, 2009

I am working with VR and would love to know if anyone has any tips on using an expander for commands to use in VR to be more productive?  I am working in Chartnet with VR.  I also have Instant Text and I have Shorthand.  I am more familiar with Instant Text but am willing to switch to Shorthand if it will make more productive.  Thanks in advance ...

Text Expander..HELP!
Jan 18, 2010

I was forced to switch to Windows 7 and I found that Stedmans Smartype was no longer compatible. After shedding some tears, I am searching for a new one. Does anyone have any suggestions about any medical text expanders that are good and work similar to Smartype (that work within WORD). I am currently looking at Speedtype...does anyone have any reviews on that? Thank you!! ...

Creative Expander Use
Feb 15, 2010

Hi everyone, I use my expander to remember tons of phrases, medical terms, short words I use a lot, drug names, dates, and addresses.  I also know you can save whole documents as templates, too.  But I suspect there are lots of ways expanders are being used that I haven't even thought of.  Any creative MTs out there who can share some tips?  I use Instant Text, but ideas from any expander users would be fun to hear. ...

Text Expander?
Apr 08, 2010

text expander? ...

Expander Advice, Please
Jun 03, 2010

Hi Everyone, I am looking to pick someone' s brain please.  I am always in awe of the knowldege and generosity of spirit displayed  on this  board).    Instant Text is my expander.    I need advice please about how to differentiate the following: 1. posterior tibial tendon dysfunction 2. posterior tibial tendon debridement 3. posterior tibial tendon deficiency I am sure you get the picture.    With Instant Tex ...

Expander Editscript
Jun 08, 2010

What expander program works with editscript and is there a free download. ...

Expander Advice
Sep 27, 2010

I presently work for the "king of quotes".     Tyr as I may,  I am unable to find an expander with IT that works without several adjustments.  Any suggestons anyone?    Thanks! ...

Can Anyone Recommend An Expander?
Dec 19, 2010

make entries on the fly?  I have been using an old copy of Shortcut for years but creating new entries is tedious:  I type, copy, open program, create shortcut, paste, close program, return to work.  Does Smart Type or Instant Text eliminate any of these steps?  Thanks!      ...

The Best Word Expander
Jan 30, 2011

What is everyone using for their word expander program?  I have been trying out ASUTYPE and like it so far. ...