A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Edit Script and Dictaphone Enterprise Express Editor question. - MoMT

Posted: Jan 14, 2010

I have a full time hospital job that uses the Dictaphone Enterprise Express Editor software which is loaded on my PC.  I am taking some IC side work with a company which requires me to install Edit Script on my PC.  Both software programs use Word and I am wondering that if having both installed on my PC will be a problem?  I won't be running both programs at the same time as I will be working two different shifts.  I just want to make sure before I load Edit Script that it will not mess up the functionality of the Dictaphone software?  Does that make sense?

For example, in Dictaphone Alt+N signs off the job, but in Edit Script Alt+N has a different function and since both programs use Word, will that screw up the functions of both programs?

I feel like I'm sounding like a complete moron!  I hope I made enough sense that someone can answer my questions.

Thanks!

I have both on mine and no problem... see message - lka

[ In Reply To ..]
I work at home for an MTSO and have been doing Enterprise Express Editor for several months. For the past 2 days I have been doing training on Escription. The company installed both on my computer, no problem. I also use Word 2007. I do NOT run both programs at the same time nor would I. Other than that, you should be good to go. I was getting really fast with all the ExpressEditor commands now I have to learn a whole new thing. This was my second day of that and I can't believe it, but I am actually learning those commands, albeit very slow. If you need any further info shoot me an e-mail. Good luck. I think both of those platforms are the good ones out there. Most of my work is VR.

Thanks for your response. I loaded EditScript today - MoMT

[ In Reply To ..]
And so far no problems. Like you said, I don't run the progams at the same time, but nothing seems to be amiss as far as function keys, etc. Yay!

Similar Messages:

Enterprise Express Editor
Jan 05, 2012

I have a continuous problem with ExText and I cannot find a solution anywhere. I'm using it with Word 2003 professional version. All my Word settings match up the instructions I received from both the company I work for and Nuance.  Whenever I correctly log off, I get a pop-up window that tells me Word has closed and it's searching for a solution, which it never finds. I've run all different scans for malware, viruses, etc.  Anyone know why this keeps happening and how to ...

Enterprise Express Editor Question
Jun 07, 2010

Does anyone know off hand if in Enterprise Express Editor by Dictaphone you can have the patient's age added to the bar at the top of the window with the name? ...

Enterprise Express Editor Platform
Nov 02, 2014

I am new to the Enterprise Rxpress Editor platform. How do I check my line count for a specific day? I only see where it has today's line count, weekly line count and monthly line count but nothing to check for just one specific day? ...

Word 2007 And Enterprise Express Editor
May 16, 2012

Hello,  I do transcription using Word 2007 and Nuiance Enterprise Express Editor with their speech program. Our problem is that when we get our dictations the headings do not come through capitalized with a colon behind them like the need to be. Also on the physical exams the headings come through on single lines and we have to move them to paragraph form one sentence at a time. Please let me know if there is a way of correcting this.  Example: This is how we get the dictations: Phy ...

Dictaphone Express Editor
Mar 05, 2014

Can anyone who works on this platform tell me if it is Word compatible, and if it is productive for VR? Any info would be appreciated.  TIA ...

Enterprise Express Editor- Key Combination To Change Speech Engine
Jan 28, 2015

Can anyone share the keystrokes used to alert/train the speech engine to remember a term. Example:  milligrams per kilograms per hour to mg/kg/h OR really anything you want it to learn.   (yes I know we are dealing with software that is almost impossible to train - especially with MiraLax versus MiraLAX).  Thanks so much! ...

Instant Text And Auto Correct Are Compatible With Enterprise Express Editor?
Aug 16, 2012

Does anyone know if Instant Text and auto correct are compatible with Enterprise Express Editor? Thanks for any responses! ...

Enterprise Express Editor - Return The Voice Player Back To The Beginning Using A Keyboard Command
Oct 23, 2012

Does anyone know how to return the voice player back to the beginning using a keyboard command on Enterprise Express Editor?   ...

Instructions For Edit Script
Jan 30, 2010

I would like to get an early jump on learning this program. Is there a list of instructions or manual somewhere that I can download? ...

Edit Script Glitches
Jul 05, 2012

Am I the only one who is constantly dealing with these issues? 1.  Lines of text overlapping eachother into a confused jumble.  If you highlight the document, some of of this will resolve and go away, but not all of it. 2. When leaving a pending note, the text I took 2 minues to thoughtfully word out just dissappears completely, and I have to type the whole thing all over again. 3.  When leaving a pending reason, the drop-down menu will randomly pick a reason for me, and I have ...

Edit Script Vs Escription
Dec 07, 2012

What is the difference between edit script and escription? I am considering platforms at various transcription companies and the transcription platform makes all the difference.  Thank you to all who offer help. ...

Escription/Edit Script Question
Sep 26, 2010

Can anyone who uses ES think of a reason why the AutoCorrect feature stops working? I know that the "replace as typed" box is checked before I start the program. Also, sometimes the ES toolbar doesn't respond. I can click on it over and over again and no response. Any ideas and/or suggestions to resolve this problem would be appreciated. ...

Edit Script V10 @ General Questions
Jun 12, 2012

Does anyone here use EditScript v10?  I am in a perpetual state of confusion regarding how things are calculated at Nuance. In v10 there is an RDR mode, in which we review our reports that have been corrected and get our accuracy percentage. But, there is also FIESA, which for me has a different percentage (sadly, much lower).  I've noticed that FIESA generally only generates about 1 report per day for me, which doesn't seem very accurate. My percentage with RDR is 99%, an ...

TransTech, Edit Script & Instant Text
Mar 24, 2011

I just started training on Edit Script 9 today. I was wondering if anyone from TransTech who is using Instant Text (I am using the Instant Text Pro V version) could contact me and tell me how you have your Instant Text configured to work with Edit Script 9. For some reason, my Instant Text Pro V did not work with Edit Script 9. I did go to the Instant Text website, and some have been able to use IT Pro V version with Edit Script 9. There was also mention of an upgrade to version 7.  ...

Edit Script Spell Check Question
Jan 07, 2015

This question sounds too stupid to ask my TSM, so I am asking you experienced folks. How do I change my spell check in Edit Script so that it will automatically spell checks words in all caps?  I am banging my head up against the wall - I feel like I have tried everything! Thanks!!! ...

Dictaphone Enterprise Work With Shorthand 10.0?
Sep 25, 2013

Does anyone know if Shorthand 10.0 is compatible with Dictaphone Enterprise/Transnet?  Thanks. ...

Are OSI And Opti-Script The Same Company?? Need Info On Opti-Script
Nov 22, 2009

Can someone please email me priviately about Opti-Script.   I would like current info on what this company is like to work for and what line rate they start at.  Also, do they have any type of incentive pay?   Thanks so much! ...

Cannot Edit Cc's
Feb 26, 2014

What in the world did they do to the cc list?  I can no longer edit anything.  Grrrr. ...

Don't Over Edit. Don't Over Edit. Sm
Oct 31, 2014

We've all heard that, right?  Someone should inform QA to not over QA then because adding in "a" or "the" or "an" is overediting!  Plus, we get dinged for it.  I'm so over this BS.  I am literally so nervous now when I sit down to work.  Yesterday, I slowed playback down to the point that I did 700 lines LESS than I had been doing just to see if this made any difference.  Nope.  Still got hit with a, an, the crap from QA.  If tomorrow's big ...

How Do I Edit My Expansions
Feb 25, 2011

How do I edit/work on adding expansions when I get NJA  and can't get in to type? ...

Can Doctors Edit?-sm
Dec 20, 2013

Just wondering...when the documents are imported into the client's system, can their doctors edit them if they find an error before they sign off on them?  When I worked in-house, the doctors could either edit the report or re-dictate whatever we had blanked.  I'm just guessing that the reports go to a queue for the doctors to "read" and then sign since, legally, they are ultimately responsible for what they dictate.  Just wondering if anyone knew.  TIA.    ...

Anyone Know Of VR Edit Positions Pay 4 Cpl?
Jun 10, 2014

Does anyone know of any companies out there that pay 4 cpl or above as an IC VR editor? Looking for work and all of them pay horrible.     Thanks  ...

How Do I Get From The Job Edit Page
May 27, 2015

For job edit, I hit ALT E and do what I need to do on the edit page.  To escape and return to the document, I hit ALT 3, tab, tab, tab, enter to return to the document. There has got to be an easier (less keystrokes) way to return to where I was without using the mouse. Please help me! ...

How Many Lines Do You Edit Per Payperiod?
May 08, 2011

I was reading somewhere on here where FastChart said one of their VR editors edited 53,000 in a payperiod!!      ...

HOW MANY ASR LINES CAN YOU EDIT PER HOUR?
Jan 28, 2012

I'm sure this question has been asked before, but how many lines on average would you say you can edit with ASR per hour?  I think the most I have ever been able to do was around 250 myself.  I just wondered how I measured up with other MTs with the ASR jobs.  I remember a couple of years ago not long after MQ started up with ASR getting a company email describing an MT (no name was given) who could edit over 600 lines per hour and over 400 with straight transcription.   ...

Wondering About Average Edit LPH
Mar 10, 2012

Just wondering what peoples' average edit lph is?  I realize the type of platform, account, dictators, etc. come into play, but is 500 lph a dream, particularly with escription?  TIA ...

How Many VR/SR Lines Do You Edit/type In A Day?
Jun 02, 2012

I think the platform is great. I use most of the important hot keys to increase speed, do not use the mouse much, and rely on the keyboard. The dictators are crystal clear. The editing is minimal; it's the cleanest I have seen in my experience. My internet connection is fast. I am not having any technical problems. The account specs are simple and clear. To make the same in VR as I was with traditional transcription, I would need to do 300 VR lines per hour, and I just can& ...

Need Tips On How To Edit VR More Quickly - SM
Oct 07, 2014

Hello.  I have just edited my first 5 VR reports ever.  It seems like ther must be a more efficient way to do it than what I was doing.  Every time I needed to make a change, I had to stop the recording and manually move my cursor to the right place.  I wish the Word cursor moved along with the dictation.  I'm sure this must be a learning curve thing.  Any tips would be greatly appreciated.   Thanks! ...

Enterprise Down
May 15, 2012

Enterprise down. Do we have to use PTO for that downtime too?  ...

Enterprise 5
Jul 20, 2014

What companies use Enterprise 5? Thanks in advance. ...