A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Comparing Escript to BeyondTxt - MT/Editor

Posted: Jan 05, 2010

I just started BeyondTxt so I am still new and getting used to the platform but when I worked Escript it was a big $$ maker for me. I'm finding that BeyondTxt does not pick up things like Escript did and a lot has to be redone, sometimes keeping only 1-2 lines of text and having to redo the whole rest of the report for only editing pay. I NEVER had to do this on Escript.  It leaves off words and paragraphs and does not pick up very clear speach. Am I not giving it enough of a chance? I just don't see myself doing better.

BeyondTxt is awful - MT2

[ In Reply To ..]
I think eScription is the best VR program out there, and BeyondTxt does not really compare at all. It is an awful program and if you look in the archives, you will see that nobody likes it. Your impression is correct - it will not get any better.

Beyond Text is beyond awful. Transcend needs to dump - that dinosaur. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

VR Editing With Escript
Nov 12, 2009

I am new to Escript, as well as VR editing.  I find it to be VERY time consuming and crappy pay at $0.04.  That being said, I am lucky to make $10 an hour, if that.  In addition, you have to be on your toes, as it seems like at least one word in a sentence is incorrect.   For example today, one report stated, "testis Cardiolite stress test."  On top of it, this was not an ESL dictator and he spoke very clearly.  It just seems like more work to have to ...

Comparing Line Counts In DQS And MSWord
Jun 08, 2010

Have been keep a comparison chart (DQS and MSWord) for line counts for some time....anyone else doing this? ...

How Much Is A Terabyte When Comparing To A Regular Audio File? In Hours?
Apr 09, 2013

how much is a terabyte when comparing to a regular audio file?  How much shoud I charge? ...

BeyondTXT
Oct 02, 2011

I am about to begin working with a company using BeyondTXT.  Do I have to have Microsoft word on my computer for this platform to work?  I have a computer that used to have Vista but had that removed and had XP pro put on but  no Microsoft Word. ...

BeyondTXT Down For 4th Day In A Row
Dec 11, 2014

Maybe if we all refuse OT once the system is back up and running, this will give Nuance a good idea of what we think about their new pay scale.   ...

Transcend/beyondTXT
Nov 24, 2009

Can anyone give me any insight to the BeyondText VR platform at Transcend.  I have been offered a position that pays slightly less than my current company for VR.  The recruiter assured me this VR platform was super easy (but that is her job), so what does somebody who has actually worked on it think?  Can anyone compare its ease of use with Enterprise?  Thanks ...

Going From BeyondTXT To Emdat?
Oct 19, 2014

Hopefully leaving Nuance this week! Going to a company with Emdat as an IC.  I have to pretty much train myself on this (as I expected, being an IC) and so far it seems very similar to the older BeyondTXT.  A lot of the keyboard commands are the same as  BeyondTXT before we were switched to the newer (worse) eBeyondTXT.  Can anyone tell me how user friendly it ends up being?   ...

Any Info On Transcend, BeyondTXT
Nov 05, 2009

Still looking for any info on Transcend, BeyondTXT, and what do they pay for straight transcription versus VR.  Current employer considering outsourcing to this company, and would like to find out what I can.  You may also reply to me by e-mail if you wish.  Thank you. ...

Used To Love Editing, Then I Tried BeyondTxt
Jan 28, 2010

I am dying to go back to working with Editscript where I made good money.  I can't do BeyondTxt.  You can't go 2 sentences without running into at least 1 edit and that is being generous becuase it is usually multiple edits in every sentence.  It has no idea where to put commas.  They either have to be deleted or added.  It doesn't learn specs.  Doesn't know how to use hyphens and adds them to everything.  What is spoken clear as a whistle c ...

I Have A Question For CrankyOldBroad Regarding BeyondTXT
Feb 21, 2010

I worked on DEP before too and heard that we will be switching to voice recognition before the end of the year also.  My question is regarding the headings and how they rearrange things on the back end so that we don't have to worry about formatting.  When I worked on DEP, it more or less did that also.  Our headings were already preinserted and we didn't have to edit them or type verbatim with the headings.  They did the same thing for the canned sections of the re ...

Does Shorthand Work In BeyondTxt?
Mar 18, 2010

I am thinking it will probably work as I haven't found anything it doesn't work in yet, but just want to confirm.  Not looking forward to yet another transition, which will be even worse if I have to convert my expander.  Thanks. ...

How To Make A Sub List In Beyondtxt?
Jun 23, 2011

Does anyone know how to make a sub list in Beyondtxt?   As in 1.  xxx    a. xxx    b. xxx 2.  xxx     My specs say Alt + L will indent me to the a and b, but it's not working. ...

Transcend/BeyondTXT Question
Sep 22, 2011

Love it so far, but I have a dumb question if anyone has a second.  Sometimes I "lose" (probably my fault) the screen that shows job avaibility.  Can anyone tell me where to find it or how to get it back?  TIA.  Please, no haters.  I won't feed trolls. ...

BeyondTXT & ENCORE Platforms
Feb 28, 2012

can anyone tell me the pros/cons of either of these platforms used at Transcend?  ...

BeyondTXT Platform TERRIBLE
Oct 17, 2012

I felt that I had to let MTs know some information about the BeyondTXT platform.... I have been an acute care MT for 30 years and I recently went with Transcend/Nuance using the above platform. For example, compared to some other programs like DocuMed, Dictaphone, etc., it is absolutely the worst and most unfriendly program I have ever trained or worked on. It is not all-in-one area.  Your work pool is in one area and the document is in another, plus the demographic screens are all over t ...

Account At Trascend Moving To BeyondTXT
Jul 02, 2010

So we were informed our account is going to BeyondTXT.  They said this is a great platform and we will be able to more than make up for the 50% paycut we will be taking.  I just don't buy it though.  Does anybody have anything good to say about BeyondTXT to put by fears at ease? ...

Learning Curve From Bayscribe To BeyondTxt
Apr 12, 2011

Can anyone tell me how difficult or easy the transition was between Bayscribe and BeyondText (on the same account) and whether the volume of work suffered as a result?  Thanks! ...

Editing VR In BeyondTxt Has Made Me Severely Depressed.
May 02, 2010

I have never felt more worthless in my life.  I work for about half the pay, it takes longer to do because the drafts are so awful.  You get marked down if you don't use shortcut keys to navigate or whatever and the object is to keep you fingers on the keyboard, but you cannot keep them in the position you need to for transcribing or fixing all the problems.   I find my right hand is always on the control+delete key or end key, and my fingers constantly on the period or ...