A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Go with Nuance - laughing

[ In Reply To ..]
Absolutely, if you want to go bankrupt, starve and sit with no work, go with Nuance.

Ditto - for Softscript

[ In Reply To ..]
and the management at all levels is incompetent/dishonest/unethical to boot.

Similar Messages:

How Is TransPortal's Scribe Platform With HTML
Aug 01, 2014

editor like?  LOL, what is an HTML editor?  Can you make $$$ using the Scribe platform?  I guess you cannot use MSWord since you have to have a 3rd party expander and not use autocorrect.  ...

Http://online.wsj.com/articles/nuance-communications-explores-possible-sale-1402936735
Jun 16, 2014

In the news today. http://online.wsj.com/articles/nuance-communications-explores-possible-sale-1402936735 ...

Not Sure If This Is The Right Forum, But....
Nov 04, 2010

I've been approached by a local physician to take over his transcription.  He dictates from home right now, into his computer.  I think maybe with EMDAT?  My guess would be that the voice files are created and held somewhere, and his current company/transcriptionist goes in and gets them and somehow transcribes and sends them back via the computer.  Anyway, I've been out of the loop for long enough that I'm searching for a low cost, easy way to get his files to ...

Since This Is A Forum To Help One Another...
Feb 16, 2011

I do completely straight typing & have abbreviations in my computer that I use.  I add to them but would like to know how people are increasing their line counts and get 20,000+ with straight typing in 80 hours (2 weeks)??  Any input would be appreciated!  TIA ...

New MTs Forum
Nov 05, 2012

I haven't seen any notes lately on the New MTs forum, but it's still "there."  Does anyone know if they're getting rid of it, or is something funny on my end?  Been this way for quite some time. ...

New MT Forum
Dec 16, 2012

I think the New MT Forum is drying up again.  I'm a little surprised.  It was always a very popular forum.  There are still people wanting to do MT. ...

New Layout Of Forum
Jan 26, 2010

How do you like the new forum layout? I must say that I really got used to it and I now like it better than the previous one. I especialy like the list at the bottom of the newest posts with the floating little window, indicating what it is about.   Thanks! ...

Your Forum Search Is Still Not Available
Aug 17, 2013

. ...

Is Anyone Else Having Trouble Getting Into This Forum? What Gives? Nm
Aug 26, 2013

.. ...

Forum Question
Feb 17, 2015

For some reason, after I read a post, the subject isn't changing colors, so that I know what posts I've read. I use Vista with Google Chrome as my browser. Thanks! ...

I Love This Coding Forum!
Jun 17, 2010

The people on this coding forum are so pleasant and helpful. If someone gets cranky, it only seems to last for a minute and, unlike many other forums, people don't jump in and start battles. Also, people don't seem to get so defensive or take things personally the way they do in other places. There is an enormous amount of helpful information here and we get to see more than one side of everything, without battles. People respect each other's opinions even when they disagree. Thi ...

Does This Forum Have A PM System That I'm Overlooking? Sm
Sep 23, 2010

Hi everyone! I've seen posts where someone would say to contact them privately for whatever reason yet, unlike other forums, there seems to be no obvious way (to me, anyway), to send a private msg. to the poster. Am I overlooking something? Thanks! ...

Just Want To Say I'm Grateful For This Forum And To All Who Post Here
Mar 20, 2013

There are so many message boards on the internet, but I always come back here.  It's great to discuss issues to which we can all relate as MTs.  Beyond that,  MT Stars seems to have some of the most intelligent posters anywhere online. Thanks again. ...

I Hope This Is The Proper Forum To Ask
Oct 10, 2014

ANYONE who uses Windows 7 and Enterprise Express Editor..help me! I need to know how to go backwards to put in the date that a doctor saw a patient.  On my old program, EXText, I did CTRL J and it went back.  Now, it says that macros are disabled.  I don't know how to make this work.  ANYONE out there able to help me?  I just went from an XP to a Windows 7 and from ExText to Enterprise Express Editor.  They are very similar programs but these little changes are ...

Forum For MTs Recently Escaped From MT....
Jan 20, 2015

....to encourage each other and give each other ideas.  Does anyone know of such a forum?  Maybe we could start one here? ...

MODERATOR: New Forum Suggestion
Jun 01, 2015

A forum to support and assist people who are seeking to leave medical transcription.  Call it "The Exit Ramp". ...

Yesterday Was The First Time I Ever Posted On This Forum
Apr 06, 2010

I always held myself back from posting.  I guess I'm "secretly afraid" that "spooks" are roaming around on the this Board, and if you say "enough" they'll find out who you are via technological "magic" which I don't really understand. But, as I said a post or so back, "I Hit Some Kind of a Wall."  The need to vent has overcome the need to exercise wisdom.  And besides, I'm looking or another job and at least I live in a big city that has a lot of data entry a ...

For Larger Print When Reading Forum
Aug 09, 2014

When reading this forum or when on ANY Internet site, if you are having trouble because the print is too small, hold down your Ctrl key while using the scroll on the mouse. Moving the mouse "wheel" up will enlarge the print; moving the mouse wheel down will make it smaller. This pretty much works on anything except for e-mails. Don't forget to keep the Ctrl key held down while you are doing this. ...

Holy Smokes ... If You Think WE Have It Bad, Check Out The Nuance Forum
Dec 03, 2014

New pay plan was just announced and is going into effect ... WOW ... what a mess.  Reading that page will make you want to count your blessings with MMoral.  ...

Thank You MTStars
Nov 18, 2012

If it wasn't for this board, I'd think it was just me. ...

Thanks To MTStars!
Nov 03, 2014

I am so grateful to have this site to come to when the system goes down.  Thanks to all my fellow MTs (especially the one that suggested alt/cnt/delete), I was able to get out, log back in, and recover my long report.  Yay! ...

I Don't Like The New Format Of MTStars
Oct 12, 2009

I posted about an hour ago under Gab Board.  It is not there, and it was.  Strange!!!! ...

Is Anyone Still Getting MTStars Alerts?
Nov 06, 2009

Anyone still getting MTStars Alerts?  I tried searching for information to see if Admin posted something about if and/or when that feature would be available, but could not find anything.  Anyone know if it is still available, do we have to sign up again, and if so, where to sign up again?  I liked getting notifed when there were posting about certain MTSOs and other info, so I did not have to read every post on every board, every day. Not that it was not a thrill, I ju ...

Re: MTStars Flashcounter
Jun 21, 2010

I have to reinstall the MTStars Flashcounter program, but I am not able to do it. I get a dialog box "Setup Initialization Error" that states "Setup has encountered an error in Registration Database". Does anybody know what this means? I have never had a problem reinstalling the program before. I do get a shortcut icon on my desktop PC that says "Demo has expired"..what does this mean? Any help would be appreciated. Is there any other software that I can get online just in case I can't get ...

Is Anyone Else Having Problems With MTStars Being
Oct 27, 2010

in the late evening/early morning hours?  All other sites on my computer are fine and as fast as usual.  I have noticed this over the last couple of days.  It takes so long to respond that I eventually just give up. ...

Trouble With MTStars?
Jun 28, 2012

Anyone else having trouble with the pages loading extremely slow this past week? I mean SLOW?? I thought it might be a glitch somewhere in the website, but it's still not resolved. I'm missing all my browsing. Anyone else having trouble too? Just curious if it is the website or something on my end. All other sites work fine. Thanks! ...

MTStars Is AWESOME
Jul 04, 2012

x ...

Cannot Use Search Anywhere On MTSTARS
Aug 17, 2012

I am trying to do a search on MTSTARS, but when I hit the search button, I get a message there is "error on page" and nothing shows on the page -- totally blank.  I tried hitting the search button on other categories, and that also does not work.  Can anyone help me?  So that I can use the "search" button on MT Stars? ...

What Will MTStars Be Like In Say Five Years?
Aug 04, 2013

I'm thinking it will be a tiny fraction of the size because most of us will have left this "career." It really is sad to see what off-shoring and horrible VR have done. ...

Help With MTStars FlashCount
May 31, 2015

I realize that this is no longer being supported but was wondering if anyone might be able to help me.  I have Windows 8 and Office 2003 and so far this program is the only one that is even working for me to get a line count (tried most of those found when searching in Google).  It worked for me the first few times but now I am only able to say it in a .txt file which at least populates everything into a list but doesn't add it up so I have to do that by hand.  When I try to ...