A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

fraud? - mtit

Posted: Jan 16, 2015

Anyone else been told that it is fraud for one to be assigned jobs or alter what jobs they receive (including leads and others picking and justifying it for TAT) differently than another and it compromises productivity/pay that they came up with? 

Huh? - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Someone told you it's fraud to have an assigned job? For what reason? That doesn't make sense.

makes sense - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Makes sense if the jobs assigned aren't requested by the clients and the leads and whoever else with access are assigning from the list to suit their personal needs/benefit their pay which in turns directly affects how much we make......etc

Nothing to do with "fraud." An employer can - assign or prioritize as they see

[ In Reply To ..]
fit and for whatever reason.

Not so - MTIT

[ In Reply To ..]
Not entirely so. IMO That is like saying they can do whatever they want whenever they want and rules and laws are only made for some and not others. When production is involved, it's different. I will leave my answers to those qualified. I hadn't asked what anyone thought, just if anyone else was told, but thank you.
good luck doing anything about it. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
RE: Fraud - Schoolya
[ In Reply To ..]
n. noun
A deception practiced in order to induce another to give up possession of property or surrender a right.

In our workplace, YOU would be committing a fraud if you somehow had the ability to increase the amount of lines you actually typed and get paid for them.

But, cherry-picking work by a co-worker (however it is assigned), is not a fraud, at the very least, it may be breaking an internal rule, and the person could be terminated for breaking established rules.

Because YOU are getting a lower line count because of someone's cherry picking (however it was assigned), you are at a disadvantage, but it is not fraud. If you report it, and nothing is done, your only other option is to go higher and complain (and risk a manager's thunder), or change jobs.

Remember that we are "at will" employees and out employment can be terminated at any time for any reason that is not covered under the law. They can always say they no longer need you due to lower volumes, and they don't have to prove it.

I would suck it up or move on.

I know you didn't want advice, and only wanted to post your thoughts, but you got it anyway.
LOL, thanks for the laugh - noone
[ In Reply To ..]
Good one.
At will - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
http://www.bls.gov/opub/mlr/2001/01/art1full.pdf
The MTSO has the contract with the doc/practice/hosp - Will
[ In Reply To ..]
And so it is the MTSO which is responsible for getting the work done and fulfilling their contractual obligations. They can assign the work to anyone they want in order to get this done. Now, if the workers here had a contract such as those negotiated with the assistance of a union, then that contract could specify who does what work. As it is, though, the work belongs to the MTSO and they pay employees to do it the way they want it done, when they want it done. They can assign any priority to any job they want and, as long as their contractual obligations with the client are met, there is no one to say anything about it.
Might want to read facts about equal pay act - MTanon
[ In Reply To ..]
Not entirely so. I agree with above poster, leave it to those qualified to answer.
If you can prove that the choices were made on the basis of sex... - Will
[ In Reply To ..]
..then you might have a case. This is at-will employment and, in such instances, workers have very few rights.

For information on the Equal Pay Act, see: http://www.eeoc.gov/laws/statutes/epa.cfm
You say *IMO* but that applies to nothing N. Their co, they call - the shots and you can leave anytime. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x

No, never been told that. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

The Act is right there for you to read in its entirety - Will

[ In Reply To ..]
It's all there at the link provided.

Similar Messages:

EMR = Fraud ??
Feb 25, 2013

You all may have already seen this, but I think it's important to know how our efforts are helping to promote this rip-off and who benefits.....   http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/22/business/medicare-billing-rises-at-hospitals-with-electronic-records.html?_r=3& ...

Better Coding Or Fraud?
Jul 23, 2012

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/767732?sssdmh=dm1.804760&src=nldne ...

Virus - Fraud Ware
Jan 30, 2010

For the second time, some scumbag has put one of those unsolicited scans on my computer which subsequently gives me an infected file message and at that point I cannot use my computer.  I read on this board, I believe, some instructions on how to remove a virus - does anyone know anything about that?  My tech fixed it and now the very next day, same thing happened. ...

Committing Insurance Fraud
Sep 15, 2013

I was a CMT who is now doing insurance billing and coding. Now that I understand what I'm doing, after several months, I realize I'm committing insurance fraud. Basically, the doc I work for is very ethical and is not committing the fraud. It's me. The business is owned by a different doctor who makes the doc I work for perform certain tests. However, the doc I work for refuses to circle the appropriate ICD codes on the superbill that will pay for the CPTs which, of course, is the ...

Yahoo News "India's Medical Schools Plagued With Fraud"
Jun 18, 2015

A commenter said that to work in the US, the foreign doctor has to intern in the States.  I have to research if that is true.  Anyone know? ...