A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

EMR = Fraud ?? - sm

Posted: Feb 25, 2013

You all may have already seen this, but I think it's important to know how our efforts are helping to promote this rip-off and who benefits.....

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/22/business/medicare-billing-rises-at-hospitals-with-electronic-records.html?_r=3&

This was already happening, but it's 50x easier now. - dnr

[ In Reply To ..]
Some doctors were already using standard PE/ROS for their reports, but these cloned reports were created by that doctor. Maybe 10%, probably less, doctors have created a standard report which they usually request with a couple changes. The point-and-click templates come prewritten, and I doubt many doctors have actually read and/or committed the text to memory. I have done reports where the doctor calls in his PE standard, and some of the text, which the doctor should have redictated but didn't, contradicted what was in the HPI. I am sure the content of the template is automatically connected to the codes.

Similar Messages:

Fraud?
Jan 16, 2015

Anyone else been told that it is fraud for one to be assigned jobs or alter what jobs they receive (including leads and others picking and justifying it for TAT) differently than another and it compromises productivity/pay that they came up with?  ...

Better Coding Or Fraud?
Jul 23, 2012

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/767732?sssdmh=dm1.804760&src=nldne ...

Virus - Fraud Ware
Jan 30, 2010

For the second time, some scumbag has put one of those unsolicited scans on my computer which subsequently gives me an infected file message and at that point I cannot use my computer.  I read on this board, I believe, some instructions on how to remove a virus - does anyone know anything about that?  My tech fixed it and now the very next day, same thing happened. ...

Committing Insurance Fraud
Sep 15, 2013

I was a CMT who is now doing insurance billing and coding. Now that I understand what I'm doing, after several months, I realize I'm committing insurance fraud. Basically, the doc I work for is very ethical and is not committing the fraud. It's me. The business is owned by a different doctor who makes the doc I work for perform certain tests. However, the doc I work for refuses to circle the appropriate ICD codes on the superbill that will pay for the CPTs which, of course, is the ...

Yahoo News "India's Medical Schools Plagued With Fraud"
Jun 18, 2015

A commenter said that to work in the US, the foreign doctor has to intern in the States.  I have to research if that is true.  Anyone know? ...