A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

So many questions could not be answered - newbutold

Posted: Dec 05, 2014

I do think that they should have waited until everything was in place before they begin to roll this plan out.  So many questions could not be answered yesterday??  Who decides who the difficult dictators are?  What about blanks for inaudible dictation?  What about discrepancies in dictation by the dictator (not by us) and we are forced to leave blanks???  Why should we be penalized in our QC for that?  None could be answered and will be decided later!!!  That is not fair to us.  I am one of the lucky ones.  I never have QC above 3 or 4% on a weekly basis, my LPH is between 250 and 300 and I am on a great account where I can leave 2 blanks.  We will see how my QA does on this.  I feel for those who have the hard dictators and so many things were brought up in our call and could not be answered and was even met with "that will be addressed and I think you will be happy"  Those are things that should have already been addressed.  Nothing should "be coming down the road"  Everything should be in force effective the day that this all starts!!!

Excellent comments. Agree 100%. - short message

[ In Reply To ..]
I should have asked did you even do a pilot group to see if this works?

I think if they had, there would not be so much uncertainty.

Nothing was done - newbutold

[ In Reply To ..]
I just feel like before you affect 100% of your employees with their pay, which is their livelihood so to speak, that you have all your "ducks in a row." They don't by any means and we are the ones that will pay the price. 85% of questions that were brought up were not answered or were told that will be "rolled out later." How is that fair. We are to struggle through this maze of uncertainty not knowing what our pay is going to be. Those of us who rely on our income solely to pay bills and just live are put in a very bad position and it is not fair. They are putting their "spin" on it which I would expect no less. I consider myself a fairly intelligent person but this just wears on the brain. You should not have to do algebra/calculus to figure your pay out on a week to week basis. So unfair to us as employees. I think this clearly shows where we rank in their grand scheme of things.

Agreed. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I was extremely irritated that they had no answer for half the questions, and the other half that were guessed at were wrong (after looking at the FAQ). They said they didn't get much more warning than us, but those calls were WHOLLY unprofessional and a complete waste of everyone's time. It only added to the hostility and tension, IMHO.

The other part that bothers me... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
If you read the FAQ about why this rollout date was chosen... It was supposed to be October but they weren't ready, and they wanted to try to do it within 60 days. This is within that 60 days. That's the only reason. Some BS, arbitrary line in the sand, and deciding to knowingly make everyone's holiday more stressful (they acknowledge that in the FAQ).

Poor management skills and zero weighing of pros and cons of morale versus arbitrary deadlines. This could have been handled SO much better.

Oh, and please for the love of God and all that's holy, stop trying to convince us (yourselves?) that this pay structure has ANYTHING to do with "patient safety".

Why not ask them the same thing... - witheringMT

[ In Reply To ..]
like is that how they operate their business, they just 'trust' whoever contracts with them before getting any written facts or details?

in other words, do they enter into a hospital contract if the hospital tells them that same thing, like just sign the papers and trust us, but we don't have any of the details and cannot answer any of your questions right now...

really? a cut-throat company like that. why should you accept that explanation? you need representation, like even a lawyer or someone on your behalf. too late for unions, but maybe someone can get an attorney pro bono to help...

if they are not going to give you any answers, I do not see how that is legal in any way. maybe they are not American owned anymore and have different laws or something...

Escaped from Nuance - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
It may be difficult to get your head around this, but there is no questionable legality about this at all. What Nuance commits to is pay of minimum wage. Period. Full stop.
There is a possibility if a=x, and b time y = N, plus c/z = N x 2, then you will get more than minimum wage. But those variables are not guaranteed, there is a very strong Nuance-subjective added to the variables, and the variables might all equal 0.
Then, as in the beginning, your wage is the state minimum wage. The complexity obscures the basic fact.

I have to agree...minimum wage and nothing illegal about it - If we will work for that

[ In Reply To ..]
I actually have some rose-colored sunglasses. They make me ever so much more cheerful, but it is winter and I misplaced them. So sad. Honestly, I have never been one to be fooled. I believe the ULTIMATE goal here is minimum wage. Nothing illegal about it. If they can train enough newbies to work for that, then that is the bottom line. And I am pretty sure they can. Heck when I started out I worked for less as an IC and was happy for just being hired as a newbie.

They CAN cut our pay. The only thing they HAVE to do is pay minimum wage and follow the rules for the various state laws.

They are easing us into it so there is not a mass exodus. Some call this negative. I call it REALISTIC.

why not ask... - reminds me

[ In Reply To ..]
Makes me think of that famous line of we have to pass the ACA before we know what's in it!

ALL questions were ANSWERED on my call. - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't know all the TSMs, but there is one in particular that I bet knew no answers and gave a canned response to every question, "That will be answered later." The reason I say this is because this person NEVER knows answers to anything and passes the buck constantly. I don't how she gets away with stuff. The TSM on my call yesterday answered everything and gave a phenomenal presentation. Most of us were pleased.

I smell a suit. Did you LIKE the answers ? - think it all the way through

[ In Reply To ..]
You are pleased if you are on a zero-blank account, you automatically get 7 cents a line if you send more than 10%, which sometimes there is no way around?

You are pleased one report arbitrarily reviewed by QC can drop you to 7 cents a line?

You are pleased your income can swing widely week to week?

You are pleased they lied about difficulty factor?

You are pleased 65% of their employees will either LOSE money or have a bunch of crap to go through to stay the same.

I should have been on your call and shared what ya'll were smoking!

I do realize, however, there are some spin doctors that are better than others!! Mine was good but I have re-read, did the math and I am not furious angry but I am not buying the why, the how, or the when. It is a lot of crap. JMHO

so many questions could not be answered - questioning too

[ In Reply To ..]
These are practically the exact questions I have had about this new program - what about all the variables that are NOT under our control? Didn't get a chance to ask them on the call I was on but will ask them next week.

Similar Messages:

Get Your Questions Answered
Aug 05, 2010

I strongly urge that anyone with any type of Medquist complaints (gee, that would be about 99% of us, right?) e-mail ****** They need to hear from ALL of us regarding these issues . . .  no work, low pay, no responses.  Voice your complaints or opinions loudly . . . they need to be hearing from as many of us as possible. ...

Question Answered
Dec 29, 2010

Thanks! ...

Question Answered, Thanks!
Nov 01, 2011

Anyone heard of s/l "amla" placed 1-1/2 hours before circumcision? ...

TTD -Has Amy Answered E-mails
Aug 23, 2012

I think I know the answer to this, but must ask anyway.  Has anyone gotten a response from Amy in the last week.  I responded to her e-mail about checks being re-issued and did not get a reply.  Has anyone received a check i.e. re-issued check?  ty ...

No One Has Answered One Of The Basic Questions Below Sm
Nov 30, 2014

Who sent the email that was received? Was this from a TSM/COM/someone else? I have not seen any such email. That's not to say that some of you got it, that apparently means not all of us got it and that begs the question of WHO sent the email? Anyone willing to answer? ...

Reversal Request Not Answered Yet
Jan 05, 2015

Sooo, if by chance they do grant the reversal will they go back and refigure my scores for this week and make adjustments or is it just "tough ti##ty said the kitty?" ...

Pay Not Right For The Second Week, Payroll Never Answered My Inquiry
Jun 17, 2015

This is the second week my pay has been incorrect.  They did not pay me the shift differential.  I have already emailed my TSM and payroll, no answer from payroll (email was sent days ago about pwe 6/5).  This is added to the fact that on the Powerscribe platform there is NO WAY for us to track our lines anyway, so we all have to guess whether or not we're being shorted (although they clearly did not add the shift diff as no column exists on either of my time sheets).  T ...