A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Out of curiosity... - sm

Posted: Nov 27, 2014

Who do you send your resignation letter to... just the TSM/team lead person or others as well? Also, how much notice do you think it would take to get a decent reference from Nuance? Would one week be sufficient? Thanks... 

I would send to TSM and copy HR. As for reference, - they are only going to

[ In Reply To ..]
confirm you worked here unless you made arrangements prior with someone to give you a true reference. IF (big IF) you ever wanted to come back, I think it is 2 weeks notice. Note though, once you give notice they may just lock you out, so save that resignation email and make a copy for your file.

Thank you :) - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

I asked my TSM how much notice I - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
needed to give, and she told me one week. I was not locked out of the system. I didn't use them as a reference as I worked there less than six months.

If you have PTO available you need.... - In the know

[ In Reply To ..]
to give 2 weeks notice or you may forfeit it and by law they can do this. So, either take the PTO before resigning or give the 2 week notice to make sure you don't get burned.

Wow, ok, sooo.. - OP

[ In Reply To ..]
If I resign with 2 weeks notice, they will pay me for all of the PTO hours I have left? I hope that's what you're saying. That would be great and definitely worth giving the 2 weeks notice.

I gave 2 weeks notice and did get full PTO in a check - Do the same!

[ In Reply To ..]
I received my PTO separately the next pay period. You will get paid your full PTO but you have to quit by the book, 2 weeks notice. Worth if if you have a lot of PTO.
Thank you. Excellent info! - OP--nm
[ In Reply To ..]
:)

Similar Messages:

QA Curiosity
Apr 13, 2012

I was wondering what the general requirement to be considered for a QA/QC position is. I know I am far from it as I have less than a year of experience, but I'm just curious. I'm always looking for ways to advance in my career, if possible. If you're already employed/contracted, do you apply for the position if it opens or will the position be offered? ...

Reference Books - Out Of Curiosity
Jul 19, 2011

Hello, MTs! I am back for another question! I do have a list of books I'm interested in purchasing from either Dorland's or Stedman's medical dictionary to Merck Manual's of Patient Symptoms (the list goes on, but I'm just naming a couple). Google is so wonderful when it comes to researching when you don't have anything, but I feel it's not completely reliable as having hardcopy materials. Out of curiosity, what book(s) can you not live without or work without ...

AssistMed People....Just Out Of Curiosity
Sep 27, 2012

Just out of curiosity, have you all gotten your paychecks deposited??  I have not seen any new posts, so can assume that you have, but would just like to have it acknowledged in some fashion.  Was anyone "shorted" pay except for the one poster below?  ...

Out Of Curiosity How Many Blanks Do You Leave
Jul 13, 2014

before you send to QA? We used to be told 4 or more send it, then it changed to whatever you think is best kind of thing. ...

Out Of Curiosity, Just Spent The Last 45 Min Listening To The DocQ 7 Tutes....sm
Dec 14, 2011

Holy Crow....I knew there were changes made, but didn't think that everything changed.  Nothing on the screen looks the same, starting with the log-in screen which is the only thing that looks simple to use.  There are stupid panels everywhere, top, bottom, left side, right side, and the poor text screen is kinda squished in the middle.  It looks waaaay more complicated than how it is now.  I just want to cry.  I really had no idea that it is basically going to invo ...