A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Medical Transcription Union - what would it take for MTs to form a union?

Posted: Oct 03, 2012

I have been doing a lot of thinking about this lately and I am just wondering, does anybody have any idea what we, MTs, would have to do to get a union started?  I have read the posts below about how much the big wigs in our company are making and how I have been working in this business for quite some time and instead of making more, I am making less.  I have never had a raise, but to get another job making maybe half a cent a line more than what I was making, only to lose that little increase in pay to a buyout from another company.  I think many of us MTs would benefit from being unionized.  Nobody speaks for us, but us and nobody is listening to us.  Sure Nuance sends us out an employee survey every few months, but what good is that when they don't even pay attention to what we say in our survey.  Our jobs are no longer protected, our pay has long been gone with regards to protection.  This is the only career that I have ever known where your experience does not equate to higher wages.  Why do we all make the same per line, regardless of how long and well we have been working at our jobs. The only ones making more are the ones that are making us "suffer" more.  We have to be willing to admit that there is a lot of our work that we actually do for free.  We are only paid by what we can type or edit in the actual document.  But how much of that time in a dictation is spent in research, finding the patient demos in the system (if its there at all), finding a cc, looking up past dictations b/c if you pend you are penalized.  Wouldn't it be great to be paid for all that we have to do in order to type or edit that one report.  We are a valuable commodity to the medical world, but we are not valued in the least. Unions...would MTs be willing to join if there was one?

My opinion is it is just a downward spiral. Transcription - costs in any hospital budget

[ In Reply To ..]
are just a line annoyance. Those suits at the top know eventually it will all just bust. They're most likely saving for a rainy day for when that happens. It's sad that all that money is spent on figuring out how to cheat and degrade the very people who make their salaries possible. You have to give it to them though, they're pretty smart in how they've found to gather their nuts so to speak.

I don't see any use in unionizing MT. With the new healthcare changes and hospitals going bust, it's only a matter of time before this profession also goes bust. Unionizing would only divert more of our money to those involved at the top in the union. Viscious, viscious circle. Some of us had a good run back in the day, but it's clearly over I think.

wondering how much does the hospital - pay the MTSO

[ In Reply To ..]
The majority of us are only making 4/8 per line, how much is the MTSO getting paid per line from the hospital. I do realize that there are more fees than just the per line fee paid for the transcription itself, but they have to be paid a great sum of money for the top dogs of the company to be making what they are making.

Do not forget. They are investing the money they - make in order to make more. It is a

[ In Reply To ..]
good scam if you think about it. Transcription costs are becoming impossible for facilities to meet and by agreeing to allow their work to be sent offshore is how they are saving money. They pay the MTSO cheaper rates for work that is done offshore. Eventually though I believe that will backfire. Once offshore has all this work, they will demand more. Than what? Start back at square one? Impossible situation all around.

You do realize you're working for a company - that is a front runner

[ In Reply To ..]
in development of some of the most threatening technology from our perspective the MT industry faces, yet they continue to invest hundreds of millions of dollars in the transcription industry. Why would they do that while at the same time preparing for the inevitable demise of the very industry they are investing those hundreds of millions in. Does that make sense to you? Their goal isn't to destroy the industry. Their goal is to monopolize it and control it so as to steer all of the profits to their pockets while keeping us in a position to not be able to do anything about it or have any say in the very thing that depends on our cooperation to make it profitable.

If I could make a difference by ceasing to cooperate right now I would. But by myself, that action carries no weight. However, if we all stopped cooperating at once, do you think they would just stand back and watch all of those hundreds of millions in investments just evaporate along with the future plans those investments were intended to build, or do you think they would more likely develop a bit of a cooperative spirit of their own?

ABSOLUTELY AGREE - WE NEED TO DO IT NOW

[ In Reply To ..]
We have to take action and we have to do it now, collectively. Just stop working. Walk away from desk and don't go back. Believe we can make a difference and believe there is a better job out there for for all of us. We go back on our terms, not theirs.

Want MT Jobs to Change For the Better? - Realist

[ In Reply To ..]
I totally agree with what you are saying. Here is my feeling on the subject. They have taken our profession to a minimum wage job, if we are lucky. We have to fight to have work and get paid awful and be on call 24-hours. If MT's truly want the environment to change, we have to take back control of our future. If we all stood up and refused to work for any of these companies for one month and they had no MTs to cover their customer accounts, I think we'd have room to negotiate our pay, benefits, and get real. I realize this is one month without any pay for bills. But, it could be a lifetime of change. We started out as professionals and now we're treated as criminals. I'm game for a strike. How about you? I say anyone that wants our prospects to really change and take action, refuse to provide services starting Monday 10/15/2012 to 11/15/2012. I bet in one week, possibly two, we'll have our pay back and what we need. You have to be bold and strong, but we are worth it. I'm just like all of you. Right now I can't make it. My bills can't be paid. But if I can change this for everyone, I'm willing to make the sacrifice, but it takes all of us to change our circumstances.
I wish you would give that up - will not work ever
[ In Reply To ..]
Take off the horse blinders and look at the WHOLE PICTURE!
Ummm, I, for one, do not have to be on call 24-hours. Dont - know any MTs that are. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x

I would join a union in a heartbeat. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
They would just fire us or completely outsource overseas. There has always been so much of an opportunity for us to be exploited. People say they can't believe it when I tell them I am paid by the line. I tell them it truly is a modern-day sweatshop.

Me, too (nm) - RC

[ In Reply To ..]

If phone operators had a union, would they still be here? No, technology - was their downfall. Sound familiar? nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Phone operators were not asked to refine the technology - that would replace them.

[ In Reply To ..]
The technology that replaced them was not dependent on them to train it first. If we had the collective organization in place that made it possible for all of us....all at once....all over the country....to just refuse to do it any more, they would have no choice but to meet our demands, whatever we were to decide those demands were. Why?

BECAUSE THEY CAN'T GET PAID WITHOUT US!!!

Wouldn't even need all transcriptionists to support it. Just a large enough percentage to stand together so as to disrupt the flow of reports being returned and hence the income generated from those reports. Wouldn't be long, and Mr./Mrs. Greedy would be forced to realize that the company is going down in just a matter of days if something isn't done immediately. And it would have to be something substantial and in writing because we're already wise to his/her lying ways.

That has nuttin to do with it. Technology moves on and unions - wont stop it. Doesnt matter who trains it.nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x
Then why hasn't technology taken over? - Answer to me is obvious.
[ In Reply To ..]
Why can't you figure it out? Besides, technology doesn't have to be denied in our case as much as redirected. You're talking about lying down and letting it just roll over you. I'm talking about redirecting its application to be in favor of us instead of in place of us.

Wake up! This technology to which you refer doesn't need a union to kill it. It's already dead. Without us, it doesn't exist. Without our input, it's useless. Stopping technology is not what organizing is all about anyway. Stop spending all of your time and energy trying to point out all the reasons why trying to do anything is a waste of time and start spending some of that energy trying to help the rest of us come up with answers. Just because the answers haven't been thought of yet doesn't mean they're not there.
I DO AGREE - see message
[ In Reply To ..]
The only way for us to change things is to all walk out together and support each other and demand things together as a group of MTs. There are some of us being so catty on this forum when we are to be fighting with and for each other, not against each other.

Eight years ago in the region where I live the doctors of a large hospital all walked off and went on strike for a week. If a hospital full of doctors can do it, there is no reason why a nation of MTs can't do it. The only way things will change is if we demand things to be changed and that means we put our personal differences aside and stick together as MTs.

No I cannot afford to not work for 2 days, however, if it would make a difference in our careers, I would make it work. The only way these companies and an industry as a whole will make changes for the better would be a drastic attempt on our parts as the MTs.

We all have to support each other if we would ever want to make it work.
Tech. has taken over because time goes on. If nobody would train it, - ppl would just come up with a different way. SM
[ In Reply To ..]
Someone would invent a way that didnt need us. Personally, I think that is what they are striving for but I dont see it happening anytime soon. Until they develop a system that can handle the 100s/1000s "training" it, this idea is never going to work the way they want it to. There will always be a place for us. Maybe not as many of us and definately only the best will be utilized.
Do you really think if we stopped training VR, they would just give up - on it, throw in the towel saying sm
[ In Reply To ..]
"Darn, those MTs have us over a barrel. Guess we have to scrap the whole million dollar business and go back to straight MT." Do you really think that would happen? Not on your life. There will always be someone willing to take the money to do it. And always ppl trying out new things, inventing ways of doing things completely different, like not needing to train a program at all. All better hone their skills, cause the chaff is getting filtered out.
This is a very poorly thought out argument. - In fact, your opening reasoning
[ In Reply To ..]
is exactly why they would have to listen. And nobody said anything about scrapping VR. That's not necessary or even a productive avenue to take. Coming up with something completely different than the current status quo is exactly what is needed and not something to be feared or concerned about. And coming up with a program that doesn't need to be trained is neither relevant nor even remotely feasible at this point. That's something that is still going to take time to come along, which is why action now would take that notion completely out of the equation for even future consideration when it eventually does come about IF it does eventually come about.
Nothing has rolled over me. As the industry has changed, so have I, doing - well, happy with work and pay. SM
[ In Reply To ..]
If we dont train VR, suits are not going to go back to only ST. MT is becoming a varied industry, not restricted to ST. There are some facilities that just want US MTs, no VR. There are some that dont care as long as the cost is low. There are some facilities that are okay with VR but individual doctors at that facility just want their reports by ST.

The ones that will survive this morphing of an industry will be those that can morph themselves. I have been willing to change and learn new things. Sometimes that is what you have to do. Nothing stays the same forever.
Since you are happy - RC
[ In Reply To ..]
Do mind my asking you what your rate per line is? I want to know what people are happy with.
Rate per line doesnt matter. $ per hour is what counts. I'm happy - with what I make for the amt of SM
[ In Reply To ..]
energy/work I expend. The acct is pretty easy, not complicated and the platform is one I really like. And I will say no more cause I dont need more competition where I work.
Refusing to do the editing now is not for the purpose - of making VR go away.
[ In Reply To ..]
Stopping the editing now would serve the purpose of refusing to allow it to be used as a tool for implementing slave labor. It would force service owners to reconsider VR application and pay for editing. I can show everyone how to make a really good living at 4 cents a line doing editing. The solution is simple, but those that hold the key have no incentive to even listen to such an idea let alone implement it as long as they are already getting more than their fair share from the earnings we provide for them. Cut off their cash flow, and now you have their attention. That's the real point of refusing to train VR.

Yes, yes, yes. - Let*s do it. nm

[ In Reply To ..]

The point is they have used the technology as an excuse! - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
to pay us less. The technology is NOT the problem. It's the money. The technology is an excuse. Yes, I said it again. We aren't pizza delivery people. We are skilled and should be paid for our SKILL.

Union - crs

[ In Reply To ..]
The thing we really need to do is elminiate all of the "dead weight" we work to support. These higher ups make their salaries off of us and what we do. Its no wonder they have reduced us to rubble. I'm sure if we could deal with hospitals directly, it would be a win/win for hospitals and us. I resent all of the QA and management who really do nothing to earn money and yet, have a more lucrative career than we do.

How do you suggest the dead weight be eliminated? - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
s

Don't know how OP would do it, and I don't - have all the answers, but

[ In Reply To ..]
irregardless, we can't change anything without the power that comes from being able to exert a collective pressure. If everyone would just stop and realize, the collective pressure we could exert by standing together as an industry would be so enormous so as to be unstoppable. All of the things we dislike about what our profession has become could be brought to an abrupt halt literally overnight, i.e., we collectively agree on Monday, and Tuesday it all comes to a screeching halt. Income streams, both client and MTSO, would instantly dry up and remain so until we started typing again. Doctors would, therefore, not be paid for services rendered. The MT companies would have no services to bill for. The company would be on its death bed instantly. They couldn't train enough flunkies fast enough to replace us. That's not even mentioning the legal ramifications that would begin to manifest in a very short period of time.

And most critically, for the moment there still isn't any technology in play that could step up to the plate and fill in the gap to the degree necessary to replace us. Not VR, not overseas services, not point-and-click software, not nothin'. The only thing that would be able to bring it all back on line would be the transcriptionists. Of course, those who were once so ruthlessly and selfishly in control would then be met with certain expectations from us going forward, and the negotiations could begin.

We must find a way to organize. Without organization, the dead weight will continue to bleed us dry. Collectively, we can simply tell them we will no longer earn their paychecks for them.

Must be nice to be one that can afford to not work for 2 days. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
And what are you going to do for the rest of your life - once transcription dies?
[ In Reply To ..]
Whatever that might be, may I suggest you could consider doing that for a while in the interim rather than settling for it after your career has been flushed down the toilet for lack of effort to prevent that from happening. One would certainly have to find something else to do in the interim. But we're all going to have to do that eventually anyway if things keep going the way they are going. I'd rather do it for a while by choice in an effort to make a difference than for the rest of my life after the fat cats have made their money off of us and decided to just discard what's left of us in the ditch.
It will not die. The cream MT will rise to the top and keep working. - I am the creme de la creme. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Puleeze. It is not going to die. It will just be different with a place for the - best MTs. Better start honing your skills. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
It may not die, but - RC
[ In Reply To ..]
It won't be the kind of career someone will want to train for and do for life anymore.

My mom got her first transcription job when she was 20. She retired last year at 66. That's 46 years of being a medical transcriptionist, raising 3 kids and having a house.

A lifelong career in transcription was feasible when the rate was 12 cents a line. At 4 cents a line, who would want such a career for too long? It seems more people would want to do it right out of college, until they get their "real" job that pays well.

I know I'm not happy to tell people I have one job that pays me 4 cents a line, and another that pays me 13 cents a line.
Agree, wont be a single mom support 3 kids $$ but will be nice - stay at home, second income. I can live with that.
[ In Reply To ..]
x
It is a second income, but - RC
[ In Reply To ..]
I really want a career. I do agree that if it's just extra money, it's fine. But I'm too young to only have a job that's extra money. I need a career. I need something that makes me proud.

I came into this industry and had 10 years of feeling proud of my career, but now that's gone. I'm not satisfied anymore, I'm not proud anymore. I have to find something else, because I have 30 more years of work ahead of me.
Good luck to you. Things change. And that change will work for some - but not all. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x

IMPORTANT! Organizing Union - Helpful

[ In Reply To ..]
I have contacted SEIU re: MTs joining their union. They will get back with me on what we need to do and I will let you know as soon as they do.

Be sure to ask what they will do for us. What will our union - dues get for us? nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Also ask for verification of what they have done for other - union members/organizations. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

PLEASE email me - with whatever you find out

[ In Reply To ..]
I will contact them as well. I am not against the technology as what some of this post has turned in to, I am fighting for my equal and fair pay. While I am given the worst of worst speakers on a daily basis and still making the same as a new MT out of school and the MT working on the easy stuff. I want to be treated fairly and be paid fairly for my work, not made to look like after doing this for nearly a decade that I am all the sudden dumb and can't do my job (Fiesa and India trying to correct our English grammar when they can't even speak it themselves).

Unions... needed! - GSMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes! I think we would have to find a union that would take us... Some healthcare union... http://www.aflcio.org/Learn-About-Unions/How-to-Join-or-Form-a-Union

Wish I could figure out how to go about - forming our own union.

[ In Reply To ..]
I have tried reading up on it but must admit I just don't get it. Can't get anyone to respond to my emails about it either.

if I was sure what I was doing - I would form it myself as well

[ In Reply To ..]
I just do not understand the processes and all that goes into it. I have emailed a few people as well and nobody answers me either. Most are probably thinking whoa I don't want to get involved in that ball of wax.
This has been talked about for years. There is - a union already in place SM
[ In Reply To ..]
and I cannot remember what it is called. SEIU maybe? I have seen the head of the union on television many times fighting for manufacturing jobs. In all these years, why has no one tried to contact them and find out if we would quality to be included. Someone who is really willing to go for it, do it! A few MTs together, contact them, get info, report back to us. If there was a union who was willing to fight for us, I would join. There is only 1 reason that I think this is worth fighting for. I don't care to fight the technology developments in HIM, losing battle, and I accept that. These companies all want to be THE COMPANY (corporation) that the healthcare industry turns to to make sure they become EMR compliant and reap the benefits of that. VR, point and click, etc., etc. As much as they try, they simply cannot get rid of us. This is clearer to me every day as I make sense of the dictation (not the so-called miraculous VR). I DO IT. WE DO IT. They don't want to admit it and they lie to the hospitals about how wonderful it is. THEY KNOW THEY NEED US. We are knowledge workers, not typists. A computer generated record will never replace a knowledge worker (especially at large hospitals with hundreds of dictators). (I do admit that at a small clinic with minimal dictators it obviously will have better results but not completely without editors). As rambling as my message is, I hope I made my point. I feel strongly that as much as they try, they will never be able to replace human beings with machines. Unless it gets to the point where no one cares if the medical record is unintelligible garbage, we will always be needed.
99% go no further than this board cause it is much easier to talk than to - do. Those hats just keep getting bigger. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Ooh, ooh! I wanna make up numbers, too! - RC
[ In Reply To ..]
84% do not have dogs named Pokey.
I said 99, not wanting to forget about the 13 that had the cahones - to bring a lawsuit. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
s

Union - Bobo

[ In Reply To ..]
Years ago when I was transcribing, a language professor at a university wanted to hear what kind of reports we had to dictate (before HIPPA laws.) After he listened to a few doctors, he said "whatever they are paying is not enough. " We are so under appreciated, and we definitely need a union.

Bypass forming a union - and everyone walk off,

[ In Reply To ..]
stop work, en masse, now. Pick a start date and get the word out. Email, twitter, phone calls. Quickly. We can do this. Let's do it October 8.

Do it on a Tuesday or Wednesday, my days off. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Start now, continue until heard, not just Monday - October 8. NOW. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
And your addy, so I can forward my bills to you. Seems you certainly dont - have any to pay if advocating strike. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x

UNION INFOR - pt

[ In Reply To ..]
you could check OPEIU.org for information on union also.

Similar Messages:

MTs Can't Get A Union Going But Medical Pot
Sep 20, 2010

nm ...

Union For Medical Transcriptionists
Jul 11, 2011

I know this idea has been tossed around a lot but yet nothing has been done about it (to my knowledge - if someone knows different, please correct me). I am in agreement that we as transcriptionists need to band together so that we don't get treated unfairly and not paid what we are actually worth. I know there are many of us that have chosen medical transcription as our career and are still holding on and sticking through the changes. How do you go about creating a union for transcriptio ...

Medical Transcription At Home To Become A Medical Scribe?
Jan 20, 2015

Has anybody left medical transcription at home to become a medical scribe?  I have an opportunity to do so but there aren't any scribes currently in my area and I don't know anyone who has worked as a scribe before.  The scribe position starting pay is almost double what I make as an MT per hour so it is very tempting, I just don't know much about it. ...

Can Anyone Tell Me Info On August Medical Transcription Or Transcription South
May 29, 2013

I have found a few things on these companies but was looking to find a little more in depth information from past or current employees. ...

Prn Military Transcription/prn Medical Transcription
Jun 25, 2014

Anyone hear from them yet?  Over 1100 views, that means a billion resumes. ...

Offshore Transcription Stories Wanted- Medical Malpractice Cases Related To Offshore Transcription M
Oct 15, 2009

A legal contact was inquiring about the connection of medical mistakes related to off-shored transcription mistakes.  I have told him to review these boards and hopefully he will benefit from the information here.  While he did not discuss the exact case, I think that he will be able to use the off-shore transcription issue to his client's benefit or at least highlight that the provider in question does not have as rigorous control on processing records as other pr ...

What Is HB Medical Transcription???
Mar 06, 2010

I've been in the medical transcription industry for 16 years and dont have any clue what HB medical transcription is. There is a job posted which has been filled, but I for the life of me cannot figure that out, unless it is hispanic/bilingual.  Can someone help me out!  ...

VLC Medical Transcription
Jul 24, 2010

Does anyone know if the Virtual Learning Center still exists?  I am not getting any responses to emails to them.  The website has changed since the last time I looked at it.  Also, I thought they were supposed to be the third best of the top three medical transcription companies to learn from.  If they are not, who is?  ...

JLG Medical Transcription
Sep 09, 2010

Any info on JLG pros/cons, pay would be greatly appreciated. ...

Medical Transcription.
Jan 21, 2011

I have a certificate through Stratford Career Institute and have had a hard time trying to get employment. I don't have any prior experience in the medical transcription field and am very interested in getting pointed in the right direction on what to do from here on how I can further a career in this field. If anyone can be of some help please let me know. ...

Non Medical Transcription
Feb 02, 2011

I am an independent contractor. Have always charged per line count. Have an opportunity to transcribe 30 minute audio interviews. Any thoughts on what or how to charge for this? Thanks! ...

Qed Medical Transcription
Apr 02, 2011

Has anyone ever tried taking the typing test for QED transcription? For some reason I am not getting into the testing site.  '( ...

U.S. Transcription Non Medical
Sep 01, 2011

I answered an ad for U.S. Transcription posted on MT Jobs, was asked to test, and within an hour of submitting my test I was offered a job.  After my heart came down from a happy dance at an actual job offer, I found I really have some things to think about before I say yes. This would be for 2nd shift, non-medical transcription at 0.06/cpl for straight transcription, 0.03/cpl if a company provided template is used.  I suppose I need to ask what my expected production would be before ...

Looking At Going Into Medical Transcription
Nov 14, 2011

I am looking into the Medical Transcription field but wanted to get info about the field from those that are in it before I take the plunge.  I'm not looking at earning a huge salary or medical benefits etc, just some extra to help the HH income. I'm looking at Career Step for my certificate. Any factual info or career experience would be appreciated. ...

Same Day Medical Transcription
Mar 24, 2012

Has anyone heard anything about this transcription company or done any work for them?  What was your experience?  Thanks. ...

New To Medical Transcription
Apr 20, 2012

I'm fairly new to medical transcription. I received my certification in 2010 and was a little discouraged when applying for jobs and they were all looking for experienced agents to work from home. I've recently decided to start back looking for work and decided to offer my services free of charge just to get the experience so I can apply in a year or two for actual paying work. Has anyone else done this or know how to get started? Or even know someone who needs a transcription intern? ...

USA Medical Transcription, Inc.
May 03, 2012

Watch out for this company .... They seem a bit strange. ...

USA Medical Transcription, Inc ??
May 12, 2012

Has anyone heard of USA Medical Transcription, Inc?? I can't find a website for them although when I do a reverse (fax) number look-up, it says it's in Palm Beach, FL. Info is appreciated! ...

Anyone Ever Do Non-medical Transcription And Like It?
Sep 25, 2012

Anyone ever do non-medical transcription? I'm interested to know if you liked it. I tried it for a few days and just decided it wasn't for me. A lot of it was phone conversations and was very hard to understand and I ended up leaving lots of blanks. The pay was bad too and I gave it up today. It was like torture to me to sit and listen to this voice file and one was almost 2 hours long that I did not finish before I quit. Appreciate anyone's input into this. I am feeling ba ...

Non-medical Transcription?
Dec 08, 2012

I'm a 2011 MT grad who posted not long ago looking for advice.  While googling MT companies to apply to, I found some non-medical transcription services, namely one that transcribes dialogue from a video for production/entertainment companies.  This site had instructions and a download to take the test.  What the heck, I'm going to take it and see what happens.  Since MT is practically a dead-end career, I've been trying to come up with ther ways to utilize my ...

For Those Of You Who Took Medical Transcription
Apr 18, 2013

I having been checking out various things lately with regards to where I would like to go job wise in the near future. I started out going to school for nursing and completed all the pre-reqs: Anatomy and Physiology I & II, biology, psychiatry, basic nutrition, algebra and English etc. Half-way through I hit a bump in the road and had to take a break from school and instead of sitting out a full year, I decided to do something less stressful, which is how I got into medical transcription. L ...

Getting Out Of Medical Transcription
Apr 29, 2013

I WANT out.  I have applied for numerous jobs, what I do, I just want to hit a time cloc just to have something to get out.  I don't carek.  I am so tired of being stressed and the happy days, when I have tons of work, just to be hit the next day with zero work, and stress on my off days that maybe I should log in and "catch up". I WANT out.  I have applied for numerous jobs, not even caring what I do, I just want to hit a time clock and KNOW what my schedule will be and KNOW how ...

Thank You Medical Transcription
Aug 23, 2013

I quit a job a dozen years ago to jump into the "Work At Home" dream.  I had little money, was quite naive, worked from dark to dark with absolutely no help from the small MTSO, who later ripped me off $5,000.  BUT, I learned. After my first experience with "running out of work", I just found more work.  I got unusually lucky and found a job and was MTing again in a few days. That gig gave me nearly 10 years of working for another small MTSO.  I got busy and made tons of mon ...

Looking For Non-medical Transcription -
Nov 25, 2014

think I am in need of a change been doing this 40 years, so was considering non-medical transcription instead. Anyone know of any companies worth checking out. Also been looking outside of home but reaching retirement age anyway, so figure would not even have a chance in the outside world. TIA ...

New England Medical Transcription?
Oct 21, 2009

Anyone out there work for New England Medical Transcription?  I'm interested in them and hoping to get hired on their clinic accounts whenever they start hiring for them again... Are they good about keeping you in work during the time when you want to work? Any pros, cons, good or bad experiences will be appreciated!   Thanks! ...

What Is The Name Of The Platform That PRN Medical Transcription Uses?
Oct 26, 2009

x ...

Medical Transcription Being Obliterated?
Nov 02, 2009

I am doing online school for MT and was told last night that there won't be any need for MT's after July 2010 as all the DRs are required to go electronic and they will be just speaking into a computer and the computer will do this for them.  Is this true?  I was so hoping to make a great career out of this.  Any input appreciated. ...

Question On Medical Transcription
Nov 12, 2009

Hello i want to study for Medical transcription.. course and want to know any suggestions for  on-line school.. and is it possible to get a job after finishing the school right away... please advz thanks much ...

PRN Medical Transcription, Good/bad??
Nov 13, 2009

thanks ...

Medical Transcription Question
Feb 18, 2010

What is Winky-boc and what is the correct spelling for medical transcription? ...