A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Isn't this just great....I have an ESL dictator - who repeatedly dictates

Posted: Dec 28, 2014

words in her native language (Chinese) and I'm getting a string of her reports (of course)--- and I know it's going to push me over the 10% QC limit.  She will dictate like this (and she does it AT LEAST 5-6 times per report:

The patient is in atrial eh, eh, eh (insert chinese word here--probably means flutter but it sounds something like "me-ah-plee."  I think she just can't think of the English word so she says it in Chinese, always preceeded by "eh, eh, eh."  

I swear if I had the time I'd just try to translate the word and write it in Chinese in the report.  What can Nuance say to that?  It's what she said....verbatim.   Here comes 7 cents a line this week JUST because of this dictator.  And guess what, I don't blame HER one bit-- it's all NUANCE for letting this count against me.

Send them in as poor audio-voice quality. - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
Garbage in, garbage out. I'm sick of it, too, and I'm not going to take it.

I wish I could do that, but not sure how I can - get away with it....

[ In Reply To ..]
If the report has more than 2 blanks have to send to QC, and that does count towards that 10%. When I asked if these types of things count, I was told YES--that's why we are given the 10%....??? So stupid. So it can be completely out of the MTs control, and so we are basically SCREWED.

Maybe it depends on platforms. - I can do that.

[ In Reply To ..]
And I will do it. Screw them!!!!!!!

If they didn't STEAL FROM US, I would give my best and suck it up. Those days are GONE!!!
I agree. - Strength in numbers.
[ In Reply To ..]
We need to stick together.

ESL dictators - bettymcbricker

[ In Reply To ..]
ESL dictators are killing me. I am an IC for Nuance and there is no minimum wage for me. Today has been a great example of how an ESL doctor (getting paid no doubt a fantastic wage) is dictating absolute garbage and I am literally making 3 dollars an hour trying to figure out what in bloody hell is being said.

I am so angry I am in tears. I am told to type "verbatim" yet I have also been told to "clean up" the ESL so that it looks something similar to English.

Today I had 4 long reports in a row from the same doctor and I would not go so far to say that she is "English as a second language" because my yellow lab has a better grasp on the language than she does.

How did she get her job? I'm not saying she is a poor doctor, just saying she cannot speak English, that much is obvious. I get dinged for wretched little hyphens or commas but the doctor can dictate utter rubbish and it is on ME? Is her wage cut for her poor performance?

I made a howler of a life mistake choosing this career and this company.

Amen bettymcbricker! I'm with you on all of - that. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

I'd say 99% of my work is ESL... - me

[ In Reply To ..]
and I think I do them better than the fast-talking US docs! LOL. I am grateful I trained in a small hospital where we had multiple ESL physicians - it is an acquired skill. Ask for samples of reports - then you can read while you listen - it makes it much easier. Good luck.

ESL - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I had alot of very bad speakers on my account, not all ESL, but most. There is no way in hades any mortal can figure out what they are saying. So I finally quit stressing and just blanked the holy hell out of every one of those notes. Let QC sweat because for that pay, I refuse to let it get to me. BTW, I had a dispute over an audit that was done by an ESL QC, and I quit. There's no way to find out if I'm right because you can't listen to notes in Fiesa. My boss could go back and hear the note, but I couldn't. Whatever. I'm interviewing to start with a new company. Here's one for ya, not why I left, but another QC funny. I had an ESL QC change "a couple Bayer" (as in aspirin, duh) to "patient took a couple beer". Yeah, I got an error for it too.

Similar Messages:

Great Line Counts Require Great Dictators.
Feb 11, 2015

I'm always over 200 until I get Mr. Mumblemouth who knows he is not forming actual words when he hums through the PE, as my counts plummet to as loiw as 75 LPH.   Then I get a long report from an excellent fast-talking dictator and my LPH jumps to 340.   Question:  Why is it that the MTSO does not comprehend the fact that our production depends on the capability of the provider to dictate correctly?   The horrid dictators are never told they are doing anything wrong as ...

Great Transcription Job - Great Pay -
Dec 20, 2011

I worked for LabCorp for 7 years - started at $14/hr - left 7 yrs later at $19.86/hour -- company has own credit card for employees -  called a Clear Card - available to ALL employees - Regular working hours. EASY transcription!!!  Could do it in my sleep!  Benefits.  Had a lot of overtime if you wanted it - ($28 an hour when I left - at time and a half).  I would recommend LabCorp to EVERYONE!  They also have data entry if interested.  lower pay, though.& ...

Oh Just Great! NOT No OT Pay For Me.
Mar 03, 2011

I was just informed that, even though I worked OT in my time zone (PST) and before my shift (second shift), their day is in CST, so anything after their midnight (CST) goes to the next day - that days and hours count in CST. Geez, maybe I should be working my shift in CST hours. That could be nice. I would get to start 2 hours earlier and stop at a more decent hour. This stinks like week-old fish, and I'm thinking the Calif EED might look at it a different way! ...

Great Fun Looking For A New FT Job
Oct 30, 2011

because when I find a line rate that is deplorable, I will email them back a scolding message how they should be ashamed of themselves and I would have applied to them but for that. Imagine if we all did that even when not looking for a job. ...

ISN'T V.R. GREAT!!??!!
Sep 01, 2012

I edit radiology V.R. Reports and Had to post this one..This just goes to show you how well V.R. really works. It printed: Patient motion of skiers detail with multiple scans repeated multiple times to little of L. He said: Patient motion OBSCURES detail with multiple scans repeated multiple times to little AVAIL. Thank God this doctor knows he needs an editor. Most hospitals are letting the doctors "edit" their own work (which they don't do and just sign the stuff and let it go thru b ...

Great...NJA Now But, Hey!
Apr 17, 2013

cause we are fighting for scraps of work.  I bet whoever's idea that was got a big ol' bonus ...

Great TAT!
May 31, 2013

Wow got an email about how great our TAT is.  Care to wonder why?  I get 1 report, finish that, and then spend the next 5 to 10 minutes pushing that freaking button hoping I get the next job before somebody else does, all the while our TL says how wonderful we all are to keep up that TAT and make her look good.  Yeah she gets the bonus and I go on food stamps, what a wonderful company this is!  ...

Ah, This Would Be Great!
Jul 05, 2013

Just imagine if some of these terrible dictators had to go in and edit to fix their botched up VR reports for a while.  I'm sure it would not take very long before they cleaned up that messy dictation.  :) ...

Another Great Tip
Jul 30, 2013

If you are not sure leave a QA marker....but don't be not sure too many times or we will dock your pay! ...

Thank You OTI -- Really Great To Have NJA At 6 A.m. Nm
Oct 24, 2013

sss ...

Here's A Great Job
Feb 04, 2014

Hope I don't get in trouble for posting, but this is too good to pass up, an Epic abstractor job.  ...

Get Away From Dictator
Dec 28, 2009

Does anybody know how long a report stays in our specific work pool?  I've done a break on a report hoping to get rid of it.  But it keeps showing back up.  I'm trying to make up some sick time, but I just can't understand this garble and have already spent way too much time trying to decipher it.  I've been checking on and off for the last 30 minutes and it keeps showing back up.  Help!!!! ...

Ever Had A Dictator So Bad.......
Apr 25, 2011

you wanted to quit mid shift?????  Sigh.  I had one of those yesterday.  Everytime I see his name come up in my cue I cringe!!!!  He is horrible.  Horrible accent.  I did notice though after doing about 3 or 4 of his reports, my ears becames "trained" on him and I get better with him as time went by.  But still, he is one that just makes my momentum (sp) drop drastically!  Just venting!!!  Thanks for letting me share. ...

Please Somebody Tell This Dictator
Apr 04, 2012

that he does NOT have to say "next sentence" before every sentence.  I'm looking at 16+ minutes of this.....I'm just sayin! ...

Great Grammar
Nov 14, 2009

It is very interesting to me, now that I have completed the Allied MT course, that grammar was were never taught, besides in high school. The BOS was required, but no emphasis was ever placed on needing excellent grammar skills. I am completely discouraged by the numerous negative and cynical remarks on this site.  MT is a field I choose because I wanted a second career. I am a recent widow, and frankly feel very down because of the many of the comments. Still without a job and very discou ...

A Great Clarification Of Buy-Out
Feb 04, 2010

Please see the following article from - I think - Business Week, regarding the buy-out of Spheris.  I think it should make us all breathe a little easier.  It seems to clarify that there are 2 separate worlds, and that MQ intends to keep its U.S.-based transcription entirely separate from CBay's India-based transcription: Spheris, which filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in a Delaware court on Wednesday, already has two buyers lined up for the privately owned company: MedQuist Inc. ...

Why Is It When You Are Having A Great Production Day,
Jun 07, 2010

the work seems to disappear? I was doing over 400 lph and now no work. This happens every time I have great lph. Can companies do a switch-a-rooney, keeping the work away from people or can the platform be 'fixed' that if you hit a certain lph, no work will download to you? I'm really curious about this. I've been watching this happen for a couple months now. ...

This Is Great......I Love It!!!!!!
Aug 16, 2010

So, I got this super long report with HORRIBLE audio.  When I got finished it looked like a piece of Swiss cheese it had so many blanks.  I didn't even CONSIDER sending it to QA as the audio was just terrible and there was NO way I was sending a report that long...and then get paid 3 cents a line because it might put me over 5% QA submission.  So, I just sent it straight through, expecting to get a call from my CCM on why I sent so many blanks, which, of course I was prepared ...

CLK Is Great To Work For As An IC
Oct 31, 2010

I was an IC for her for a short while. She is great to work for but very quality driven, as she should be. The accounts are varied but very interesting. Here's her website: http://www.clktranscription.com/   I took a different medical transcription position and couldn't do both. That being said, contact her if you're looking for something different in ways of transcription subjects. ...

I Have A Great Idea
Aug 19, 2011

Why don't all of us who are tired of everything join forces and form our own company.  We live all over the country, know how to do the work, know how to QA, know different platforms.  Hundreds of us together could market our own vicinity and work together like a coop.  We would all make the big bucks.  It has to work, as we are the people who keep the large companies in business.  Coops work with any other business, why not with this.  What do you think ...

It's Just Great Being Out Of Work By 9:30 Am.!
Sep 09, 2011

thank you to all those MTs who stayed up past midnight and did 90 percent of the work in queue....and it is not even YOUR account!!!  grrr.  ...

Wouldn't It Be Great
Mar 16, 2012

wouldn't it be really great if there was some sort of email address for us to contact our hospitals directly...without the M*Modal propaganda?  We could say "Dear Dr. ___, I understand you are really busy and dictation is low on your priority list, but if you could take an extra moment and clearly articulate your dictation, the reports would come back to you with less questions and/or errors."   I know...I know...quit dreaming.  It is really sunny and warm outside my window ...

Great News For Me!
Jun 29, 2012

My hospital, which we were told in February was going to be outsourcing all of our work to Nuance, backed off and we were informed today that we'll all still continue to be employed!!!!  Oh, Happy Day!  I'm one of the last MTs in the country that still gets paid well, and I was sweating it! ...

Another Great Article
Sep 12, 2012

From the magazine "For the Record."   http://www.fortherecordmag.com/archives/091012p22.shtml ...

Have A Great Day! From Boulder CO - Where Are YOU?
Nov 01, 2012

Where are we all typing from this morning and what's your specialty?  ...

Thanks, OTI -- 78 MTs And 17 Jobs. It Ought To Be A Great Day. Nm
May 08, 2013

s ...

Great Opportunity?
Nov 12, 2013

I am a former MT (laid off) who worked for a University teaching hospital for 16 years doing transcription. After Nuance took over I took a job at the same University teaching hosp. doing outpatient clerk position. I am thinking of enrolling in classes for coding because this hospital has a coder training program that starts you at over $19 an hour, just have to be enrolled in school to apply for the job. They do training classes as part of your work day and then you study on your own to get cer ...

Another Great Day At OTI Begins -- 5 A.m. And NJA. Nm
Jan 29, 2014

s ...

TTS- Making 4 Cpl As IC But Have Great
Jun 28, 2014

So much has been posted about this company recently. I have no idea why so much said against the company but know how it is with me. I work my hours and hardly ever hear a peep out of any of the team there. No interaction with the boss, no interaction with the team, just work, do my hours and get paid. I know others complain about what they make but my Escription is super good and I make at least $150.00 per day, more some days, have made as much as $175-$180 in a day but mostly around $150. Tha ...

It's Great To Be Appreciated!
May 12, 2015

My QA scores have been primarily 100%, the lowest something like 99.6 and very infrequently anything less than 100%. My QC scores are consistently 0% as I never send anything to QC. I work my schedule without exception. Even when there is no work, I remain logged in and ready to work. My work is excellent as I have been transcribing for a very long time. I sent my TSM an email that I was resigning. The reply was "I'm sorry to hear that you are planning on resigning." I was not planning on ...