A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

How Much Do They Deduct? - Meh

Posted: Sep 11, 2014

I'm wondering how much they deduct from your paycheck if you enroll in their Nuance health benefits? Let's say you ordinarily make $1,400/month. Would you get maybe $100 less if you were to enroll in teir health benefits? I don't think I will (since I don't intend to be with the company long-term), but I'm just wondering.

I have medical, dental and vision benefits - Deduction

[ In Reply To ..]
Mine is 128.00 taken out of each check. Then taxes are about 15% of your gross pay roughly. So you can kind of figure what your take home pay would be. 79.00 for single person medical.

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome - Meh

[ In Reply To ..]
I wonder if those benefits would cover the need for carpal tunnel surgery or some other technique to deal with this issue?

The first $2500 deductible is all yours also, so add that in to - your costs per pay period and per year.

[ In Reply To ..]
It is impossible to get treatment unless you have this in savings to spend every blessed year or you actually become so impoverished you qualify for charity care. Most Nuance employees fall into this latter category after their initial clinic buyout contracts end.
Insurance - Weary
[ In Reply To ..]
I pay 46.00 per paycheck for insurance for myself, cannot afford family since it goes up to over 300 a paycheck just if I add my daughter. Dental is around 17 I think and vision I cannot remember, but it isnt too bad. There is a 2500 dollar deductible you have to meet for them to pay for anything. I think you might get a yearly physical and mammograms free once a year. I never meet the deductible so it is like not having . I was put on medicaid and I didnt eve apply, just applied for my daughter since my ex wont put her on his insurance. I guess they researched me and saw how little I made.
No Point - Meh
[ In Reply To ..]
No point in geting Nuance insurance then. I mean, who has at least $2,500 in savings when you only make anywhere from $1,200 to $1,600 per month--unless you had that amount in savings before you came to Nuance? I wonder if it even costs that much to get carpal tunnel surgery or to see someone for some other techniques? Basically, to get Nuance insurance is just to ask for a further cut in your paycheck. However, the government now requires everyone to have insurance of some kind or get fined, right?
I pay for insurance for contract insurance rates. - just me
[ In Reply To ..]
they make a big difference, and you do get your physical and labs, etc. One illness can make up what I may per month in what I save with the contract rates. :(
what are contract insurance rates? - would like to know
[ In Reply To ..]
I don't know what that term means? What is it, and where did you get it?
Sorry for late reply - see message - just me
[ In Reply To ..]
Simply put - to get contract rates, you have to have insurance. By having group insurance, this means your provider charges you less because they agree to a lower contracted rate than their usual charges. This is why many providers (doctors and hospitals, etc.) opt out (you may have heard "participate) of certain insurance companies/programs (i.e. - Medicaid) because their contract rates are too low.

So, by having the insurance, if you have to go to the doctor, you save money even though you have to pay it all yourself (until you meet the deductible and/or maximum out of pocket) because they charge you less.

Longer explanation:
Whenever you have group insurance, the insurance company contracts with the doctors/facilities. In order to get the insurance company business, the doctors/facilities agree to accept a certain amount for different services, which is less than their normal charge.

Example - my PCP charges 225.00 for an office visit. The rate she is allowed to bill me because she accepts my insurance is I think 150.00.

Therefore, the doctor can only bill me the 150.00. For me, I will have to pay the whole 150.00 until my husband and I reach the 7500 deductible for our plan here (pray we don't need that much medical cause I don't have it). However, the insurance is saving me the difference.

Plus, I do get my annual physical and labs covered now 100% with ACA, and I have found that the Caremark pharmacy benefit pays very well on what I have needed.

Once I meet my deductible, they will pay 80% (I think) of that, and I will just have the remaining 20% to pay until I reach the maximum out of pocket (hopefully I will reach neither of them).

Let me know if this is too confusing ..

I think I understand - - Thanks
[ In Reply To ..]
So this would be a high deductible insurance, but you pay a lower charge at the doctor (for example) to go towards your deductible,because you have insurance.
Insurance - Weary
[ In Reply To ..]
Yep that is why I have Nuance Insurance which is much like not having insurance except the vision and dental are good. No I don't have $2,500, remember where I work?

Similar Messages:

What Can I Deduct Working From Home?
Jan 28, 2010

For those who have filed taxes, can you give me some insight as to what I can write off on my taxes being self-employed? Any suggestions and advice would be most apprecieated. ...

Is It Legal To Deduct From Your Paycheck?
Apr 10, 2012

My company just stated they will deduct $5 per report for every report you skip/cherry pick.  There's been a lot of that going  on.   Can they legally do this???   ...

Spot Awards. What Is The Point If They Deduct And Tax
May 15, 2013

In fact, they don't just deduct the $10, but $13 (I think I remember reading the $3 is the "upcost" for mailing, etc.).  What is the point of even giving these if we're funding and paying for them ourselves?   It seems to me a TSMs job of "awarding" us a spot reward for which we are actually paying for ourselves could be better spent on other job duties, maybe like checking and answering their email?  LOL what is wrong with this picture? ...

IC Deduct On Taxes For Health Insurance Premiums
Dec 04, 2009

I saw on an old post about IC stating they have been able to deduct the cost of their health insurance premiums on their taxes. Is this only if you pay for a private policy not offered by an employer or something? Seems too good to be true. My husband has our health insurance through his employer, so I would assume that would not be a deduction for us? I am just trying to find enough deductions to make IC status worthwhile this year; it is my first year. Also, I have heard different stories abo ...