A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Now Transcription is hard to apply to - waste of time

Posted: Jan 22, 2011

I went to their website where I tried to follow directions.  They make it impossible.  They ("Now Transcription") want you to fill out an application through "Accord Human Resources", then save it and email it to them along with your resume.  But the application will not allow anyone to save it, or submit it anywhere as is.  You basically waste your time filling it out just to find out nothing you filled out will be saved.  And there's a huge glitch with the employment history section - anything you type under "supervisor" will be duplicated under "position held" and vice/versa.  Accord Human Resources needs to get their act together and fix the form, as well as make it possible to follow the directions posted on the Now Transcription site.  As it is I wasted so much time finding all this out I don't think I'll bother to apply - I don't thiink I want to work for a company that outsources its applications to an incompetent HR firm.  Also, they are secretive about their pay rate, never a good sign.

Had the same issues with Now Transcription - mb

[ In Reply To ..]
I had the same issues. I could not type the employment dates because it would not fit in the box. What I did is put my cover letter and resume in email form to them. Did not sent attachment. I got one of those generic emails back. Something like due to the abundance of applicants it will take time for us to get back to you. It came two seconds after I sent the email. I figued I had nothing to loose.

I did the same thing-- - tyeptypetypeaway

[ In Reply To ..]
I placed cover letter and resume in a blank email. Above that I wrote that the application could not be saved and copied.

I also sent an email just to them saying that application was not properly working and they should check into it further.

My response was the same as the other poster that said it would take up to 5 days for a response as they were overwhelmed with applications. So that goes to show you how many of us are out of work or unhappy in our jobs. So I guess it will just be a waiting game.

Appreciate the feedback - Stephen Moore

[ In Reply To ..]
Hi - my name is Stephen Moore and I'm the IT manager for Accord HR. I apologize for the frustration that you all have experienced with our application form.

I tried to replicate the issues you all were having, and I was able to replicate the issue with the supervisor and job title using the same field. As far as the dates being too large for the field, my experience was that as I continued to type, the font got smaller so everything fit.

Our application was designed to be printed and signed by hand. When I opened the form stored on our website (accordhr.com) it immediately informed me that the information could not be saved. Our form does not allow for any digital signature. I noticed that the copy on the Now Transcription website did have a spot for a digital signature but I couldn't get it to work.

I will get with the appropriate parties here at Accord to make sure we resolve the supervisor/position problem & see if it is possible to allow saving & signing of the document. After we make the changes to the form we will see if Now Transcription can get a new copy of the form.

I'll also follow up here once we get it corrected. I'm really sorry for the trouble.
I just copied it into an e-mail - sm - Susan
[ In Reply To ..]
I saw the first page that said it would not be able to be saved so I copied the form into an e-mail and used that. It didn't look pretty but I got it sent - hope it worked!
NOW - RadMT10
[ In Reply To ..]
I also applied, but could not get the signature to work. So I have printed mine out. I also sent an email with my resume and references provided. I hope to hear back from them!!

Similar Messages:

Transcription Doctors....anyone Apply?
Feb 08, 2011

Did anyone apply to them?  If you did, have you heard back yet? ...

Please Do Not Apply To Chase Transcription In Ohio
Sep 19, 2012

Here is a list of companies who will test you and call you, interview you and offer you a job, and then nothing, leave you hanging and never call you. Transcription Doctors and Breitner will even have you fax your paperwork and then leave you hanging. CHASE TRANSCRIPTION IN OHIO TRANSCRIPTION DOCTORS SUPERIOR GLOBAL SYSTEMS IN TEXAS BREITNER TRANSCRIPTION Please do not apply to the above companies. They are no good. They are liars and users. Shame on them. I hope they get w ...

How Hard Will It Be To Return To Medical Transcription?
Jun 17, 2010

I'm not exactly new to the field, I transcribed clinic reports for 3 years.  After I graduated from MT school (Andrews), I ended up taking a job with a local medical transcription business.  Due to some health problems and also the owner subsequently running the business into the ground, I have been away from transcription for nearly a year.  How hard will it be to find a job after a year away from the field?  Do I have to start over as a new MT?  Thanks. ...

New Grad Medical Transcription - Hard To Get A Job
Aug 26, 2010

It is so hard to get a job being a new grad who hires new grad anybody now? ...

Is It Hard To Pick Up Radiology Transcription?
Nov 06, 2012

Is it hard to pick up radiology transcription? I have worked in MT for 30 years and feel I have have a very good grip on medical terminology in every field. Just wondering. Thanks. ...

One Transcription Service - Did Anyone Apply And Hear Back From Them For The Weekend
Apr 17, 2014

n/m ...

New Grad Medical Transcription - I Worked Hard ....
Aug 13, 2010

I am a recent graduate from medical transcription school. Yeah, I know, big whoop. Actually it was for me, since I was beginning to wonder if it was ever going to happen. Why did I do this? Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time and, like anyone else who has never tried it, I tought medical transcription would be a lot easier than it is. My I'm-So-Excited Factor: I have no stars in my eyes. I know it will be hard to find a job and if I do, I won't make much until I get a lot bett ...

Did Anyone Apply To Landmark For Straight Transcription Position And Hear Back?
Dec 31, 2012

I applied and got no response, just wondering if anyone was hired for the account they said started January 3.  Thanks. ...

Help -- How Do I Apply For PTO?
Oct 21, 2010

TIA for your help. ...

Should I Re-apply?
Nov 20, 2010

I applied to RI Unlimited 3 months ago and never heard back--should I reapply?  I got emails saying that I passed everything and then they said I would hear back but never did.  What is your advice? Thanks. ...

How Do You Apply For MTS Job?
Jan 26, 2011

I'm interested in applying for the MTS job posted, but I can't find a place on their web site to send a resume.  What am I missing?  I called the 800 number and it just had a menu for unrelated departments. ...

Should I Even Apply?
Sep 04, 2012

I just got an e-mail from a recruiter from Nuance asking me if I would like to apply for a job; i.e. they took over my former place of employment's transcription department and I had originally applied so I could stay on, but then decided not to-thus they still had my contact info. The recruiter said that they had merged with Transcend and that there was plenty of work, etc. I do need a job as my unemployment benefits will be running out by the beginning of the new year, or sooner if phas ...

How To Apply At MQ
Jun 21, 2013

How do I apply for work at MQ?  ...

Trying To Apply
Jul 08, 2014

Trying to apply at the Mmodal website but MT doesn't come up as an open job.  Are they still under a hiring freeze? ...

Apply To Companies
Nov 28, 2009

Who can answer my questions? 1.  When is a better time to apply to companies: Beginning of December 2009 or beginning of January 2010 ? 2.  What VR platform/software does Focus use? Is their transcription test timed? 3.  What VR platform/software does Medquist use? TIA       ...

FYI - Those Who Might Apply With Teletrak
Jan 16, 2011

Just want to be sure my fellow MTs are well informed.  If you apply at Teletrak, be prepared to be offered 8 cpl for 65 VBC line - this amounts to approximately 30% reduction in pay with the negative spaces.  I used several old reports and figured line counts all ways and it was almost 30% less each time with VBC.  I was told by the recruiter, "You'll probably have to work a few extra hours a day to make what you're used to, but in order to keep the client in a long-term ...

Fingerprinting To Apply For A Job? Seriously?
May 02, 2011

Never heard of such a thing! If this company does any outsourcing I hope the outsourced transcriptions also have to undergo this. This is totally absurd! ...

BEWARE - DO NOT APPLY
Jul 25, 2011

I would totally be leery of this job.  They are liars and cheats and are always wanting you to work your days off and over, but pay you NO OVERTIME!!  THIS COMPANY SUCKS AND DOES NOT GIVE A RATS BEHIND ABOUT THEIR EMPLOYEES.   I have worked there 4 years and never got a raise, much less any respect for the 21 years I have worked as an MT.  They have no respect for their employees.  I WOULD NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY.  THE REVIEWS SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES......... ...

When You Apply For A Job How Much Info Sm
Jan 10, 2012

besides the resume do you add--how much selling of your skill, etc?   Some companies won't open an attachment, so I get the feeling they don't want much more.  My feeling is if they see the resume and want more info they will contact me, but never sure.  Thanks for any insight.      ...

Nuance Has Been After Me To Apply
Sep 01, 2012

Mmodal is terrible, but are any of them better...why jump from one to the other if there is no difference...only have a few yrs to go and I can quit ...

Can I Apply For Unemployment Though I Have Sm
Dec 04, 2012

been working as an IC? Don't know anything about it and just got laid off.  Thx   ...

I Didn't Apply....(sm)
May 13, 2013

I'll tell you how certain I am that there is NO future in medical transcription... anywyere:  Last week a "good" MT job, onsite in a medical clinic, a short drive from where I live, was advertised.  I didn't apply.  I work for a big national.  I make so little money, I have to raid my savings every month to pay my rent.  I've been seeking & applying for MT jobs all over the area, some as far as 80 miles away, and either not hearing back, or being tol ...

Very Frustrated!! I Have Been Trying To Apply
Jun 23, 2013

to apply for a position, but the online application keeps telling me to give distinct answers, which I did and it then tells me to correct the errors, which there were none.  Can someone help me past this? ...

Did Anyone Else Apply To WordZXpressed
Oct 15, 2013

Did anyone else apply to this company in the past few days? I took the test and was waiting for a response from the company. Today I sent an email to follow up, and I received a reply stating that I had failed to submit a resume with my application and thus would not be considered for a position. I truly don't remember seeing that I needed to submit a resume. Did anyone else apply and do you remember if the instructions said to submit a resume? Ughhh. What a stupid mistake I made!!! ...

Think I'm Going To Apply At Synernet
Mar 27, 2014

Can't be all that bad. Where I work the pay is above 8 cpl but pay no spaces and I can't get above 1000 lines no matter how I bust my butt and I was a high producer.  ...

Does Nuance Still Use TLs And How Do You Apply?
Nov 20, 2014

x ...

I Am Trying To Apply For A Job With This Company (yes I Know
Dec 26, 2014

the good and bad), but seem to have problems online.  Is there a secret to applying?  I worked for MQ years ago when they had a Tulsa office and left on good terms so am needing to come back.  I sure hope they still use DQS.  That has been my most favorite platform ...

Again - Did Anyone Apply For The Medical Review Job At NU? Nm
Jun 05, 2010

nm ...

How Does One Apply For A Job At Diskriter? - Their Website Is
Jul 18, 2010

Thank you in advance!  By the way - anyone work there?  From what I have learned is an MT, depending on the position you are hired, may get benefits from the Diskriter or benefits from the hospital in which you are assigned?  Is that a good gig?  Hospital benefits rock!  I miss them! ...

Is It Appropriate To Ask About Benefits Before You Apply For A Job Posting?
Jun 16, 2011

I sent an email to the recruiter for Keystrokes asking that very question, but never got a response.  I don't think its crazy to want to know about their benefits, or the pay, before you even bother to go through the whole process of applying and testing.  Am I wrong? Set me straight folks!  Thanks!  ...