A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Does anyone actually sign in to Spark during - their shift? No one ever answers..

Posted: Jan 06, 2015

so why bother.  TSM says it is mandatory to be signed in Spark during your shift.  Sigh.

I haven't signed in since... - star

[ In Reply To ..]
never.

Don't care for the distraction. If it's that important, my TSM has my phone number.

No, have only done so twice to spark her - to make it look like I do use it.

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

Yes, my team has a conference room--sm - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Everybody working on this account is supposed to be logged into Spark in this conference room. On the one hand, it is great because you can ask questions of everyone in the room. On the other hand, you see how some people are unable to think for themselves and want a lot of handholding and are unable to look up answers for themselves.

Did the TSM set that up? - Would not mind a conference room

[ In Reply To ..]
I never log into Spark. My computer has more errors when it's open and the program logs me out randomly, so I just don't do it. I have Yahoo messenger, and actually, when the TSM's under my COM (or is it POC now?) sent out their latest contact info, they included their Yahoo messenger info since I think a lot of us were having issues.

But your mention of a conference room intrigues me. I'd LOVE to be able to talk to some of the other MTs on my account, or even see how many are truly on at a given time. Even with the watchful eye of my TSM and such, I'd love to be able to ask other MTs questions.

Every now and then there are things that I think would be helpful if the whole team knew, and my TSM thought they were helpful too, but she has never sent anything like that out. Actually, we have this one doctor who routinely breaks the rules (long story) and has been repeatedly asked to not do one thing or another, yet she still gets away with it. It's causing those of us typing her notes to suffer since we're having to send those files to QC (thereby raising our QC%). Yet, just last week my TSM sent out a message saying, "I know she's not supposed to do this, but please do XXX when this happens and be aware that she's about to dictate several hundred old reports that she forgot to do."

Utter BS! Needless to say, I spent a day typing her notes and got 0.07 per line that week because of it. But will my TSM do anything about it? Nope!

Sorry, I totally hijacked this thread, but I had to get it off my chest.

I believe the TSM did set it up--sm - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
It would not hurt to ask if it is a possibility for your team. There are times when it is useful.

Nope, never - AnotherAnon

[ In Reply To ..]
No one has said anything to me about it. Right now, I'm not even checking Fiasco. Currently flying under the radar, it's the only way to keep my sanity at this point.

I'd love to NOT check Fiasco (LOL) but - what happens when you

[ In Reply To ..]
get a report that "failed" and you have to type "reviewed/initials" in that box? How do you get around that?

Eventually I'm sure I'm going to "have to", but - AnotherAnon

[ In Reply To ..]
for now I'm just focusing on working without all the BS.

When I finally get an email from my TSM asking me to check Fiasco I will, but every single time I do it breaks my work rhythm and it takes days for me to recover any peace of mind I have left.
Exactly, and since they seem to rarely reverse - anything, no matter how idiotic
[ In Reply To ..]
Is it really worth it to re-listen to the report, claim you heard something different than them or that the points off are incorrect, and then after way too much time spent searching and emails and getting all the #s correct, they turn around and say they heard him say HENT and not HEENT or that the points are correct or you are late, so there, is it really worth it?

I think they should force the QA people to justify the errors they find, rather than us having to overturn them. I have had everyone involved agree that the error was too much, only to be told I was like a day late so tough.

I have a second job and no time for this nonsense, so I guess some QA person is going to mark me for easy pickings now.

What has this whole setup become? It's like a war now, and I am waving the white flag.

No matter how hard you try to keep up with all these percentages and procedures, you present what you think is a reasoned argument and they just say no anyway, so what's the point of trying to fight? I don't have the time or energy.

FIASCO - Chi-town MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I left nuisance in mid-November and I hadn't checked Fiasco or initialed any reports since some time in August. Nobody ever said anything to me and I didn't get any threatening e-mails.

I didnt check F from the beginning until my new - and 5th TSM started cracking down

[ In Reply To ..]
and sending nasty emails; turned out the rest of my "team" was checking it 100! I couldn't believe that. I only go into F when I get an email about an error or my # shows up on TSM list of people who are not 100% compliant with F.

I never leave my initials, just "reviewed" and leave a remark if I think the error is no error at all. I never request reversals, they are pointless and time consuming. They are the powers that be and will do as they want.

It is all so stupid anyway as we (and QC/QA) should be on the same page and MTs should be informed of changes in QA such as the HEENT debacle.

Fortunately, I do not get many errors and they are always dumb so I don't have to deal with it often. I practice verbatim to avoid the F and it seems to work for the most part.

Similar Messages:

How Do You Get The Spark IM? My TSM Has Never Said Anything
Nov 09, 2013

TSM not that communicative unless she wants something.   ...

WHAT The HAY Is SPARK For??
Dec 19, 2013

No explanation of why we now have to do this garbage!  is this so they can stop me in a new york minute to do something else for them and invade my privacy?  This company just the worst!  Forget getting a Christmas card!  My kingdom for a job in the real world. ...

MY TSM IS NEVER ON SPARK.
May 07, 2014

Just how do these TSMs get away with it? Where do we go when we need help or have a question? Seriously, where do we go? THIS IRRITATES ME TO NO END!!! ...

Once Again, TSM Not On Spark.
May 28, 2014

I am so tempted to out her by name on this board and run the risk of being banned. It is so frustrating. It wouldn't be so frustrating if we could keep email up and running, but we can't. This setup was made for this absentee TSM. She must have thought it up. ...

Does Anyone Log Onto SPARK?
Jun 09, 2014

After getting blessed out for not answering an e-mail on webmail - just wondering what's up with SPARK?  Web mail logs us off after a few minutes. How inconvenient it is to go back and log on throughout the day to see if perhaps there's a fire to put out!  Isn't that what's SPARK is for?  Interesting how no one is ever logged onto it except our Indian counterparts. ...

If I Don't Have My TSM Available On Spark
Jun 12, 2014

don't expect me to be available for email, fiesa, calls for overtime or any of the other Nuance nonsense.  I'm really getting tired of this one-way street. ...

TL In Spark
Jul 03, 2014

What is a TL (transcription lead)?  I've messaged to some on Spart if I need something asap and no TSMs are on.  Does anyone else do that?  And are there specific TLs per team? ...

Spark Down?
Oct 17, 2014

Is Spark down or is it just mine? It hasn't worked all day. ...

Spark
Dec 04, 2014

Anyone else finding that Spark is not accepting their password? ...

He Has A Negative *Jean* Sign. (Not G Sign.) Sm
Apr 14, 2011

He has intact bilateral radioulnar and median nerve sensation.  He has some weakness in grip on the left as compared to the right.  He is 4+/5 on the left, 5/5 on the right.  He has 4+/5 small finger abduction bilaterally.  He has a negative *Jean* sign.   ...

Let's Talk About Spark!
Oct 28, 2013

Okay seriously..  Spark, the new instant messenger for Nuance times out for inactivity every 4 minutes, obviously set that way by Nuance since the Spark instruction page on their own website says it times out every 20 minutes.  Here's to the Nuance Police and their new "big brother" software! ...

Spark And Webmail
Dec 25, 2013

Is anyone having trouble getting set up with Spark and Webmail?  Every time I try to get into Enrich to complete this I get "page cannot be displayed". ...

ENRICH - Spark IM, Etc.
Dec 27, 2013

Am I the only one who can't enter Enrich?  The password I use for FIESA is NOT working and tech-support can't help me with it. I'm getting tired of wasting time on this. By the way after you get into this how long do these classes take?  I'm not eager to spend my limited free time on all of this! HELP! ...

Spark Is A NUisANCE
May 10, 2014

'Nuff said. ...

Backup TSM Is MIA, Not On Spark.
Jun 05, 2014

...who has been referred to on this board. My regular TSM is away. The stand-in is never available. NEVER. ...

Email And Spark Down? Nm
Jul 07, 2014

nm ...

Spark And Webmail Modules?
Dec 09, 2013

Says to allow 20 minutes for each module.  How many are there?  Have to do this by Wednesday I guess. ...

What's The Point Of Spark When The TSM Never Signs In?
Feb 10, 2014

She's not available on email, she's not signed into Spark and she doesn't answer her phone, or she's off on vacation. This happens day in, day out. ...

FIND AND LOAD SPARK
Oct 27, 2014

Hi all...I had to reformat and have found Enrich and the Webclock, but not the Nuance e-mail and SPARK programs. Not very good with computer stuff. Anyone have the actual addresses of these? Thanks ahead. I should have written them down before reformatting. ...

ORTHO HELP: Negative [s/l Fair] Sign, Negative Fabere Sign?
Jun 02, 2012

OK.....   It's an orthopedic chart note. Patient has a chief complaint of  hip pain. Dictated: He has a negative [s/l fair, fairs, varus?] sign, a negative fabere sign. It doesn't sound like fadir; I'm not hearing that "d." I already had to leave two medication blanks and hate to leave another one for an orthopedic sign that I feel like I should know! Thank you in advance for your help and ideas!   ...

Pt Has Negative Froment's Sign And Negative S/l Jean Sign.
Sep 14, 2010

x ...

Abd. Exam, Negative "Boyd's" Sign Or "void" Sign??
Jul 31, 2010

Homan, Homans' Sign Or Homan's Sign? (NM)
Feb 09, 2011

x ...

Here's Your Sign
Dec 07, 2009

For the past three years my husband an I have hosted his company Christmas party here at our home.  The company and employees make all the arrangements, including sending a cleaning service the day before!  It's great. All I have to do is sit back and watch as my home is transformed into a beautiful Christmas party venue.  This year he has a new boss.  She called me just a bit ago and was asking for help with finding a cake.  (She's new the the ...

S/l Doc Is Saying Either Hib's Sign Or Hip's Sign
Feb 22, 2010

s/l doc is saying either Hib's sign or Hip's sign, but I cannot seem to find this anywhere.   I appreciate any help you guys can offer.  TIA! ...

Could This Be A Sign . . . .
May 21, 2010

this is MT week and we were supposed to get something from the Q but as of today's mail, alas, i have not received any.  not that i was looking forward to it, but am curious is any other fellow Qer's got their little "gift."  just wondering . . . . ummmm . . . . . ...

Is This A Sign?
Oct 15, 2010

The other evening at the grocery store, I picked up the newest issue of Employment Guide. You've probably seen it - it's usually by the doors to the store, and it's a nationwide publication. It used to list actual job openings for the local area. Now, though, it seems to be mainly an ad newspaper for schools offering career training. Anyway, what struck me about this issue is that none of the schools that have always advertised in this paper list medical transc ...

Must Be A Sign
Jan 31, 2012

I had an interview last week with a big national company, recruiter was unprepared, kept making excuses as to why and then was supposed to send more info, but that didn't happen. Then was supposed to call again today, no call. I'm going to take that as a sign that this is not a good place to work. Oh Lordy, I really need a job! Any advice please. Just email me. ...

Should I Take This As A Sign?
Jun 22, 2012

From all of the negativity about Nuance, I was very leery about accepting a position with them, but finances prevail. Today was the final day to submit my paperwork, with training to begin on Monday, and I wake up this morning to find my computer died (I'm on a laptop now). Coincidence or warning? ...

Sign Me Up.
Oct 14, 2012

MT recruiters video. ...