A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Cherrypicking run amok. As if this job weren't bad enough already, they have - to let POC or whatever they are called now

Posted: Apr 02, 2015

(Used to be team leads) cream right off the top. Shame on Nuance for condoning this. My words for the team members doing it would only shame me and get me banned from the board. You know who you are, you've visited this board too. 

That's infuriating. What platform are you on? - I didnt think it is possible

[ In Reply To ..]
to cherry pick on eScription, though I'm not entirely sure. My TSM said it wouldn't be possible.

Oh, it likely is not on most teams or accounts, unless you are a former team lead - and your supervisor conveniently forgets

[ In Reply To ..]
...to switch your job pools when reverting to MT work when there's not enough work to keep you busy doing whatever the hades POC people are supposed to be doing.

Oh, wait, they switch themselves, what am I thinking, they don't even have to ask a supe, let alone get permission! They must go to bed at night smug and well fed.

When I was there as QC - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
Mind you this was 2012 when I left... Anyway when I was there, we were allowed as QCs to pick and choose. I didn't do that to my advantage though. I have a conscience. Some don't.

Yes, the magical free access to favorite accounts, certain worktypes, - even certain MDs is allowed on certain teams

[ In Reply To ..]
...supes and HR fully aware and turning a blind eye, presumably to keep from losing any more "good MTs." Wonder how many they're prepared to lose over it? Oh, but wait, they really don't have an expectation about employee retention. Never have!

What do POC people do on day shift anyway? There are dozens of supervisors on duty - all day to monitor every single account!

[ In Reply To ..]
...sounds too good to be true, especially for Nuance. I want one of those jobs!
What is the POC position? - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
I think I've asked before but no reply
POC stands for point of contact. This is a list of various email addresses for various - situations, like whom to notify when sick, who to
[ In Reply To ..]
...call or notify when out of work, or when you have to submit a STAT to QC. I think it might only be used by one or two supervisors that fall under 1 or 2 particular COMs. When alot of QC and team lead positions were eliminated, a few of those people were incorprated back into the regular MT ranks, others ended up on this POC list, and their access to any of the accounts on which they had worked was never revoked. They can therefore pull work from every "good" dictator they want! This is on the ExText platform.

Lovely little well-kept cutthroat secret practice.
No. It's productions operations center. - Former POC-R
[ In Reply To ..]
Don't be mad at the POC reps. Be mad at their supervisors and their supervisors' supervisors. The work is awful. What they ask is impossible. The way they have POC reps accost people all day is WRONG. That is why I quit. The whole thing is about numbers and meeting TAT. They don't care about anything (or anyone else). The POC reps are in a bad position because they are lured away from other jobs in Nuance (I liked my former job), and once they are in POC and hate it, they're stuck. They can't go back. Its scary to be out of work. I quit because the job was actually making me ill. My supervisor was a jerk, and hers was actually worse. They reminded me of the candy man in chitty chitty bang bang, and I remember how screwed I felt when I realized I was in their cage.
P.S. - Former POC-R
[ In Reply To ..]
Also, the POC-R's do absolutely no transcription or VRE or QA. Not only do they not have the time to do that, most of the POCs don't have experience in transcription whatsoever. If you have any questions about how it works, ask away. I have ZERO loyalty to the asshats at Nuance.
why won't they let you go back to old job? - Mrs.Buns
[ In Reply To ..]
why would it matter to them?
As an MLS I've had bare minimal contact with POC, basically just to tell them I'm OOW or to remove a job, and they've always been real nice. One lady said she loved her job. I don't get it. They accost somebody?
In my case... - Ex POC-R
[ In Reply To ..]
My circumstances are personal.

The definition of accost is to approach someone boldly or aggressively. We were instructed to pursue people on the schedule until they answered us, and if they didn't answer us, we sent a department-wide email scolding them for not being available.

I was ALWAYS nice when I reached out to MTs or QCs...even when they were not so nice to me (which was more often than not), but I understood why they were bothered by me. No one wants to be a puppet. Frankly, no one is going to risk their job by telling a coworker they hate it.

Cranky - SadMT

[ In Reply To ..]
What makes me so cranky about it, aside from the obvious unfairness and all that that entails (the favorites making more money, etc.), is that they act as though it isn't going on! Are you kidding me? This company continually attempts to insult our intelligence to the point that it is laughable.

My p.o.s. POC has the audacity to tell me to switch accounts. I guess I know - why now.

[ In Reply To ..]
...should have known it did not have a thing to do with volumes.

Just another example of failing to hold supervisors accountable for bad - behavior. Aside from the complaints about money

[ In Reply To ..]
I'll bet most of the b****ing on this board would simply STOP if only Nuance would hold the right people accountable.

I find it disturbing that I have been - on my primary account for years

[ In Reply To ..]
And all of a sudden I am being threatened with being forced to change shifts or get put on a new "team" because of OOW on my 7 accounts in the mornings!

It really seems bassackwards to me. Couldn't the "Capacity Optimization" idiots figure out that when they hire a bunch of new people or assign them to my primary they should look at how many people are on in the morning first? What about making the newcomers take the late shift or else? I guess it's just easier for them when there is a slight buildup to encourage OT (which is a sham too) rather than actually hire people to work when there is a need, and that way of course no work again in the morning. Capacity Optimization my foot.

That's how they thank you for years of service, first of all no work, then it's your fault so you better watch it or you get reassigned.

Transferred after 6 years - fedup

[ In Reply To ..]
I was on account for 6 years that I absolutely loved and didn't have any problem with quality or minimum. I had a few days of running out of work in the evening and they switched me to an account with 95% ESL and I'm having trouble making minimum LPH. With the recent increase in "critical" errors and my decreased LPH, I'm making under minimal wage.
I am so sorry! This should not be happening. - These people are crazy. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
:-(
Original account sending SOS emails within a week. - fedup
[ In Reply To ..]
The only possible reason I can think of that this is happening is that they are setting us up to fail. They would prefer us all quit and quietly go away.

They likely have our Indian partners doing almost all reports now, - it is day over there when nighttime here

[ In Reply To ..]
...hence, you wake up and start after they've wiped the slate clean.

LOL Completely misinformed. POC do not type at all. nm - cannot say

[ In Reply To ..]
xxx

Similar Messages:

What Would You Do If You Weren't An MT?
Aug 11, 2011

Just out of curiosity.  I went into the MT career when my first son was born.  I wanted a decent job allowing me to work part time but raise my own children.  11 years later and I don't ever regret that decision.  I have 2 children now, I work part time at night after they go to bed, and I am able to homeschool them and they can do their sports activities.  I worked for MQ as my original training for 5 years and I thought the pay was pretty good, had a great supervi ...

If It Weren't For The Insurance
Dec 27, 2013

I am just going out of my mind doing this anymore.  It's just so boring! I took on a part time job and now I'm doing this insanely boring work 60 hours a week.  I can't quit MM because I need that insurance, and I don't want to quit the other job in case I lose my gig with MM.    How did my life ever go so wrong? ...

Weren't We Specifically Told It Is Ms And Not Ms.
Jan 19, 2015

or is the period after Ms. account specific? ...

Cherrypicking
Apr 25, 2012

Should I be bothered with all the cherrypicking if admin isn't. Just leaves more work for me, right? Makes me more marketable?? Just tired of it and no one ever does anything about it. What do you do about cherrypicking? ...

Is There Cherrypicking Going On?
May 09, 2013

I will start my day in eBeyondText with list of jobs, many of them good. Only problem, I no sooner begin working, when the good jobs vanish, op reports and procedure notes, and then ESLs from heck pop up. One after the other. Could be the same guy.  I was told there was no way to cherrypick and, I mean, I would not know how if I wanted do, but what is going on?   Honestly, the good jobs just go poof, while the pieces of garbage stay and multiply.  ...

Cherrypicking!
Mar 31, 2014

I love it when I'm working and the job ID's keep going backwards, but only for the worst doctors on the account.  How does my TSM not notice this?  Of course, even if she did, I bet she'd only say, "Hey guys, remember, cherry picking is not allowed" and add in some clip art she found on the internet of a smiley faced cherry.  We are all in the same boat.  Type the flippin' jobs! ...

Cherrypicking In QC
May 28, 2015

I am thoroughly disgusted with the blatant cherrypicking going on in QC.  It has always happened, on a certain platform that makes it very easy to do, but never this bad.  The boss says evidence will be turned over to HR, but seems to be all talk as it continues unabated and those of us following the rules are getting the short end of the stick.  If they can't enforce the rules then they should just make it every man for themselves, survival of the fittest.   ...

Never Realized How Bad Cherrypicking Is
Jan 14, 2014

Just the other day I was given better access to Fluency Manager.  I used to only see US work in my region.  Now, I can see it all.  Anyway, I saw a stat job in the backlog that was almost going late and with the low amount of work, it really should have been typed by then.  Out of curiosity, I checked the Job Audit on it through manager.  This job was discarded a total of 6 times by 3 different MTs.  Two of them did it once, and one did it 4 times.  These were ...

Cherrypickers Are Getting Even Better At Their Cherrypicking!
Mar 12, 2015

...hope they live happily ever after with their cherrypicked pits. ...

Cherrypicking - A Fresh Post
Feb 13, 2010

I have worked for several small and mid-sized MTSOs and have an opinion about cherrypickers.  I will jumpstart things. I have been hired to start on a particular account or pod of accounts only to later be moved around a lot by the MTSO.  This has happened to me several times and I have ended up leaving because of being moved around.  It seemed to me that others were given easier work while I was being given harder work, and I didn't like feeling that way.  What I have ...

Is Cherrypicking Allowed At Your Company? Is This The Norm?
Aug 26, 2011

I have been with my company for many years and have liked the account I am on until the past 3 months.  Three months ago, they hired on 3 new MTs and now suddenly all the easy doctors disappear from the queue first, even if there are other reports out of TAT.  Warnings have been given by account manager, but only 2 days later, the cherrypickers are back at it.  I am now getting stuck with a majority of the harder docs that no one wants to do and have watched my pay ...

I Don't Believe It Is My Imagination Cherrypicking/bad Dictator Holiday Weekend
Apr 07, 2012

Look, we are a team here... and I thought we work together.  If we were working together riddle me this, why am I getting so many dictations today which are dictators who really really don't speak English at all and would need tons of blanks?  Seriously... is any one else experiencing this today?  Being Passover and Easter I understand the regular dictators are not on, and being the weekened, but can't we all share in the joy, and not have so many cherry picking? I fina ...