A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Internship? - h20fall30

Posted: Nov 19, 2009

I am a new grad, and was wondering how to go about finding an internship? I know AHDI has one, but you must be an RMT. I, in no way, feel comfortable sitting for that test yet! LOL... I googled and found only 1, but they want you to pay them. Anyone have any ideas? Any advice would be much appreicated!

Happy holidays to all! (Wow, seems funny to be saying that already. ) =)

internship - wondering

[ In Reply To ..]
Did you school not help you with this?

internship - wondering - h20fall30

[ In Reply To ..]
No, the college I went to, which is on AHDI's list of approved schools, does not offer any internships. Thus, why I am here seeking advice. Thanks =)

internships - int

[ In Reply To ..]
Being accepted into an internship means working for free for several months after having paid an internship fee.
After going successfully through the program with a consistent, at least 98%, accuracy on live reports dictated by real physicians, you receive, usually, a reference letter, no guaranteed job placement.

internships - int - h20fall30

[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you, for the information. I was aware of all that. I know there is no guarantee. I don't mind working for free, as long as I can gain more experience. I was just wondering if, there are internships that have no fee? I guess, my main concern, is that it is not a scam that they charge for the internship. Is it the norm? Sorry, I am new to all this. Thanks again, for your imput and advice! =)

YW. Long time ago there were MTSOs and schools that offered...sm - int

[ In Reply To ..]
free and/or even paid internships, but, as far as I know, not anymore.
Also, nowadays, it is very difficult to get into an internship program, as a lot of newly graduates sign up for internships and there is a substantial backlog.
Schools usualy offer their internship only to their graduates.
But keep trying and I hope you get lucky.

Similar Messages:

MT Internship
Oct 28, 2009

I am wondering how many MT's currently working, did an internship. What are some favorite, basic reference materials? (on-line or hard copy) How do you use the BOS? What are the best study materials to strengthen grammar/puctuation ?   Look forward to connecting to others in this community.   From Vermont where the leaves are falling, Diane Mortier ...

Internship Programs
Apr 27, 2011

I am almost finished with my MT course but feel I need more training.  I have heard about internship programs, specifically AIM mentoring program (Houck Transcription) and  Online Transcription Essentials Internship program, both had enrollment fees that aren't too bad.  What their advertising and what I am questiioning is it true that they do hire their interns after the program ends?   ...

Medworkshops/TNI Internship
May 16, 2011

Has anyone interned with TNI through Medworkshops or another school? I am currently interning and am starting to doubt my decision to go through this school and company. Thanks so much for any input. ...

Online Programs And Internship Hours?
Feb 27, 2011

One more question from me! HIM programs for an associate's degree usually require an internship which, of course, gives you experience in a hospital setting that will be valuable and possibly lead to a job. Do any of the online certificate programs do this? Did you have the opportunity while in school to do an internship that your school helped you set up? I am looking at Andrews and Career Step. Initially only Andrews but in reviewing more I have realized I can probably get a lot more fi ...

Inscribe Internship Program--anyone Get Hired After Completing?
Feb 28, 2011

Just wondering thoughts on this internship program...anyone complete it and get hired on? ...

Caution To Students And New Grads - Scam Alert - Do MT Work (Internship) For Free
Mar 10, 2011

There is still another scam company out there offering to help "train" students and graduates. They will kindly let you do their real work, the work clients are paying them for. This is unacceptable and unethical. It will not look good on your resume because potential employers do not look kindly on this. If, for example, they find out that you did your 'internship' with XYZ Company, you will probably never know the reason why your resume was rejected or tossed.  Working for free ...