A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

to those refusing - to do the OT

Posted: Mar 17, 2015

i want to join you, but i'll admit, it scares me.  for those of you who truly are not going to work the extra, could you keep us posted here on what repercussions if any happen to you?  i'm really really tempted not to do it.  as it is, i'm working the extra now, but i'm barely working (as you can see).  my line count has never been lower but my spirit is just completely broken and i don't even care what happens to me, except, i do need a job.

They're not going to fire someone for not working OT when they're - so out of TAT

[ In Reply To ..]
And desperate for MTS to work. The last thing they're going to do is reduce their workforce further.

I have had mandatory OT off and on for 2 years - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Admittedly, in the past, maybe once or twice I worked because I really needed the money..But for the most part, I have never done it. I have not heard a word from them other than a Thank You on the rare occasions that I have busted my tail and pitched in. This time, well, they screwed my schedule up and didn't give a darn, so, Im not working a second of OT..Fire me, dare you..I have enough other things saved to a file to prove their idiotic standards of QA to get U/E.

Overtime - phatty

[ In Reply To ..]
Does anybody know who mandates the MANDATORY overtime and/or why. It seems pretty caught up to me. This is not the type of work where you do a lot of overtime. 8 hours of correcting these reports is plenty (at least in my estimation)!!!!

Similar Messages:

Penalty For Refusing To Guess
Aug 01, 2013

Now that we can be dinged for leaving a blank that QA thinks we should have known, my % score has gone to the dogs (my apologies to all canines).  When I get a mush-mouth  or a really gnarly ESL, there are circumstances where I have no choice but to leave a blank.  I'm not talking about stuff that could be looked up.  Sometimes the blank in question can be interpreted as either one word or other other and either choice doesn't change the meaning.  But I can gu ...

Hourly MT Compensation Plumets From Dictators Refusing To Use 'Pause'
Jun 05, 2013

Last night I was stuck editing an ESL doctor who pauses so long between words my hourly rate dropped down to less than $2. an hour! I filed & painted all my nails between words, cleaned and organized my desk and sat for an agonizing minutes with nothing to do but wait. The neighbors could probably hear my yelling "COME ON!!!!! SAY SOMETHING YOU ____ _____ _____ _____"   Why do these ... people not even think to use the pause command?  The clients and MTSOs can bitch about TAT ...