A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

this seems unfair to me - about QA

Posted: Sep 19, 2012

Scoring the ones I send to QA for proofing because of blanks.  Obviously had trouble or would not have sent it to QA, just wanted another set of ears, QA person couldn't even fill in all the blanks, yet went ahead and scored the report.  (No, it didn't pass.)

about QA - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
The only one who scores is your Quality Coach. It could be that she was just doing live work and the report went to her queue.

makes me not want to send jobs there - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

As stated, QA/MME do not/should not score your work - only the Quality Coach

[ In Reply To ..]
As an MME, we were told to not score reports, and never were trained in the process anyway. If it was an MME who scored it, it was by accident or she doesn't know what she is doing. Either way, let your QC or CCM know. If it was your QC who did an audit, bring it to her attention what she did. If she's obstinate, go above her head.

it was the QC - about QA

[ In Reply To ..]
And I know that's her job but it doesn't seem right to score those jobs. Audited jobs should be randomly chosen.

As an MME/QA - ginger

[ In Reply To ..]
Sometimes we hit the wrong button.

At the very end as we upload it there is a box that says did you 100%QA this report. We are suppose to say No. If we say yes, it will automatically score the report. Sometimes we go a little too fast and hit the wrong button, or maybe she is new and does not know that we are never suppose to say yes to this prompt.

I agree. Bigger problem now with the new DQS7.1 - Default switched around

[ In Reply To ..]
It used to be when you pushed the enter key on that screen it would be the Cancel button, now its the Yes button. When doing MT/ME work, I push the enter key 3 times in quick succession to get the next job, and sometimes I carry that habit when QAing. Before, if I did it accidentally, it would cancel it and I would just do it over again and push No. Now, it'll push yes and I have no second chance.

Similar Messages:

Med Ink-unfair QA?
Jan 23, 2012

Hey, has anybody taken a job with Med Ink and not passed QA? Any shared experience would be appreciated. ...

VR Unfair All Around
Apr 23, 2014

I just finished typing a VR dictation that was a little over 100 lines and VR picked up probably 10 correct words in the whole dictation.  Basicallly, I had to type the whole report but only got VR pay, which is half of straight typing pay.  How is this fair? It's not.  This whole situation is wrong.  ...

MedQuist Pay Cut For ASR Is Unfair.
Dec 09, 2010

Editing/proofreading ASR is just as much work as straight transcription. It should be paid the same. Trying to micromanage productivity and skew the data to somehow show we are being "lazy" (ex. productivity e-mails on inactive time) won't change the glaringly obvious fact that the MT is being ripped off. In what other profession would you see a pay cut for using a tool? Mechanic? Let's see. They used to have to practically dismantle half of the engine to diagnose a problem.  ...

Unfair And Illogical
Mar 19, 2015

How are we supposed to make up our time AND do the mandatory OT??   ...

Who Do I Contact About Unfair Labor Practices?
Aug 12, 2011

I had a very bad experience recenly with a company which will remain unnamed.    I had been  intentionally decieved about some policies.    If I recall correctly I had read something about the labor board.  I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to contact them.   This was an INTENTIONAL , DELIBERATE misrepresentation.   Since I am no longer with said company I really have nothing to lose.   I have also read repeated co ...

It Is Totally Ridiculous (and Unfair) And Crazy To Still Be Making
Jul 15, 2011

3 corrections per line when editing MQ's ASR and especially for 4 cents. And I am even stupider for continuing to do this. Grrrrr... For the last week, I have so been teetering on writing a truth-filled (and consequently not nice) letter to the ASR department condemning them for their shoddy work. Although, I'm sure I would get in plenty of trouble. ...