A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

production requirements for speech rec - azrad

Posted: Aug 25, 2010

Trying to set a standard production requirement for VR.  Can someone tell me what the average is for lines.  Thank you

That would depend on what VR program you use. If it is m modal, then probably about 75 lines an hou - just me

[ In Reply To ..]
decent programs, at least 200-250 an hour.

on MQ ASR, I still only get abut 150 per hour - at 60 percent of my line rate

[ In Reply To ..]
Payday hurts.

Similar Messages:

Production Requirements
Oct 14, 2011

I have always made my production requirements.  But I don't think I will this time.  Does anyone know what happens? ...

Are There Production Requirements For The New Medical Insurance?
Jun 05, 2012

I am thinking of going back to full time, but have doubts about making production quotas if there are any for the insurance. Crummy ASR plus, with the new account with straight typing, the accents are taking a toll on that production. Only consolation is QA wasn't able to fill in any of the 11 blanks in my last document, and that is typical with this account. ...

If One Is Not Meeting Production Requirements, What Are My Options And Theirs?
Sep 06, 2013

N/A ...

Speech Recognition - Production Question
Oct 06, 2011

I have a job offer but it includes speech recognition editing.  I have never done this before.  Could someone tell me typically how many lines per hour on average you can edit, so I have a basis on whether or not income-wise this would make sense to do?  Also, what is the going rate for speech recognition editing, line rate? ...

Is It Mucous Secretions And Mucus Production Or Mucous Production?
Mar 11, 2013

Is it mucous secretions and mucus production or mucous production? ...

Had QA Correct Me On Speech Therapy To Speech Therapy
Jun 03, 2013

The phrase is She will be evaluated by PT, OT and speech therapy, corrected to She will be evaluated by PT, OT and Speech Therapy.  I thought it was only capitalized in when followed by a proper name like Montana Central Hospital Speech Therapy.    Thanks.  ...

What Are MQ LPH Requirements For FT
Jan 19, 2010

NM ...

LPH Requirements
Jun 27, 2010

What is the minimum line count requirement at MedQuist?  Do you have different line count requirements for SR versus regular transcription?  thank you ...

Job Requirements
May 31, 2011

When a company states that their requirements are 1,000 lines/  24 hour turnaround and or 5,000/ 7days, what does that mean?  Forgive my ignorance but as you can see I'm new at this.  ...

Requirements For PAs
Oct 27, 2013

I posted this information below in response to someone else but wanted to bring it to the top because I, too, wonder why many PAs are so notoriously inaccurate when dictating.  Hope nobody's offended by a double post. I was reviewing PA coursework at a leading university and quote the following: (My comments are in parentheses) "A course in medical terminology is recommended (not REQUIRED?) for applicants who are not health professionals or for any appl ...

What Are Some LPH Requirements Out There??
Mar 04, 2014

I was wondering what some of these other companies require for line counts per hour.  We are required to do 520 on eScription -- I never make it.  Lots of ESL, 99% editing.  ...

Physical Requirements?
Jul 01, 2010

I've been thinking about going into coding, but what is it like physically? The immobility of transcription drives me crazy sometimes, as well as the eye strain of editing, so I am wondering if the actual physical work of coding includes the same stress. Or maybe I will just get a job on my feet, stocking in a warehouse? ...

Minimum Requirements?
Apr 21, 2010

I've worked for MQ before, just before CBay bought MQ, but I can't remember (and maybe it's changed) what is the minimum number of hours or lines required per week?  I thought it was something like 2000 lines per week.  Is the minimum per hour still 100 lph for PT? Also, what's the pay rate for VR now?  I think it was still 70% when I left.  Is it 50% or 60% of your regular line rate? I'm just looking for something very part-time, like 10 hours ...

Are Requirements Getting Higher
Aug 03, 2010

Seems to me, "one year acute care experience" was the basic requirement to sign on with an MTSO. Then it went to three years. Now, a lot of places require "five years' experience." Plus, QA has gotten unbelievably picky. I've always had top-notch quality and even been complimented personally by physicians at various local clinics. Recruiters call my test scores "excellent." And YET, wherever I start working, my QA looks like the homework of some dyslexic third-grader that comes back fr ...

Radiology Requirements
Jun 21, 2011

What are the radiology requirements for production?  What platform is used?  What do you have to do to transfer to radiology?  Is the pay worse, better, or the same? ...

Certification Requirements
Oct 26, 2010

I am curious about whether one has to have a certain amount of experience in coding before you can take the CCA or CCs certification exam.  I have had 20 years of A&P and know a considerable amount about disease process.  I have been studying coding on my own for about a year now.  I know that your chances for passing the test are better if you have been in the coding business for several years, but has anyone out there taken the CCS just by studying and utilizing their life e ...

DQS System Requirements
Jun 18, 2011

I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find specific information on running DQS on my computer.  I can run it on my desktop but recently purchased a new laptop that has a 64 OS and DQS only works with 32.  Also, my old laptop won't run it for some reason even though it used to before DQS upgraded.  Anyway, I would like to find the specifications on running DQS if anyone can help.  thank you. ...

Jcaho Requirements
Oct 26, 2010

Just was told by someone that the "new" JCAHO requirement is that you spell out dosages (ex. xoxoxoxo 10 milligrams b.i.d.)  In all my 18 years never heard of this and I do not see it like this in any of my reference books or AHDI.  IS THIS TRUE??? ...

QA Requirements For Nuance?
Feb 13, 2012

Does anyone know what the QA requirements are to be employed in QA with Nuance? I have been transcribing for over 20 years and take pride in the reports that I produce. I have been working for Nuance for about six months now and as this company seems to hold a higher standard of accuracy percentage (98.5% compared to 98% with other companies), I had assumed that their QA department was very experienced. However, after my latest failed audit, I found this to be disturbingly incorrect. Last week, ...

Resumes, Job Requirements, Etc
Feb 21, 2012

From a Forbes magazine article:   The only three true job interview questions are: 1.  Can you do the job? 2.  Will you love the job? 3.  Can we tolerate working with you? That’s it.  Those three.  Think back, every question you’ve ever posed to others or had asked of you in a job interview is a subset of a deeper in-depth follow-up to one of these 3 key questions.  Each question potentially may be asked using different words, but every ...

Incentive Pay Requirements
Apr 23, 2012

I work part time with Nuance and have a 99.8% QA accuracy score this quarter.  I did not receive the better me, better we incentive though.  What are the requirements to get this?  Do you have to be full time?  I've been with the company for 4 months now.  Thanks for any info! ...

Nuance FT Requirements
Nov 28, 2012

Wanting to cut hours down but still be eligible for PTO and health insurance (If I have to take it out for myself alone).  Like most of us I have another job on the side but can't afford to totally give this up either.  Is it 30 hours to be considered FT?  I sure wish this fictitious employee handbook would appear in print somewhere.  TIA.   ...

? Amphion Requirements For
Apr 04, 2013

I am going to need a new job soon, and I'm trying to find out what the various companies require a person to do to be eligible for health benefits. I cannot physically work a 40-hour week anymore, but I am a high producer. Anyone know what Amphion requires? Hours per week, lines per day, lines per hour, lines per week? All of the above? Thanks.... ...

QA BONUS Requirements
Nov 29, 2013

I will never get a quarterly bonus.  I was just reading the bonus requirements, somehow I had it that we only had to have a 99% in order to get bonus, but this is what I have: 2013 Quarterly QA Bonus Requirements 1. Employee must be employed for 90 days 2. Employee must be in good standing(not on a performance action plan/in the process of being placed on a plan) 3. Employee must be employed for the entire quarter 4. Employee must be employed at the time the bonus is paid out 5. E ...

Requirements Of An MM Coding Job
Mar 15, 2014

Here's what's required to get hired as a coder for MM right now: CCS required; RHIA, RHIT preferred.  Bachelors or Associates degree preferred.  Must have a minimum of 3 years of related coding experience; 5-7 years preferred. These are pretty high standards, and yet some here would have us believe that MModal's own training will be *sub par*.  I'm really getting kind of sick of the naysayers.  Good luck to everyone on your test! ...

New OOW/No Studies Requirements
May 23, 2014

Anyone else think that the new OOW/No Studies requirements make no sense?  I had seen someone post them on here last week (but I'm sure they were taken down for posting "company information" or whatnot), and got them from my own manager shortly thereafter.  The new requirements make no sense to me and sounds like a lot of hoops to jump through just to say "Hey! I'm out of work!" So, after we send the initial e-mail, clock in and out, etc. (stand on one leg while touching o ...

(New) FIESA Requirements
Jun 27, 2014

Many have posted on here that they received a message stating that they must check FIESA on a daily/weekly basis and sign off on things.  I hadn't received that notice till last week, and so now I'm wondering of those that received that, are you continuiing to ignore FIESA or are you really checking it?  Of course, we're at the end of the quarter so I'm getting several major errors now, as is usual.  You can look at my FIESA for the last year and for 2-1/2 mon ...

Line Requirements
Sep 25, 2014

Hi, Does anyone know of any companies who still have 150 or 200 lph minimum requirements with employee status..besides Nuance.  Also, does anyone know of any companies who offer 12 hour windows with employee status..again, besides Nuance.  Thanks!  ...

What Are Your Productivity Requirements?
May 02, 2015

My company has progressively increased productivity requirements until I am really struggling to meet them.  I'm thinking about looking for another job, but I wanted to know if there are any lower requirements out there.  I would be grateful to anyone who is willing to share what the requirements for your company are.  You don't have to mention the name of your company, I'm just trying to get a general idea if there are lower requirements out there.  Thanks. ...

Minimum Line Requirements
Jan 20, 2010

Have any MTSOs set a minimum number of lines per hour for VR Editing (per hour, day, week, or pay period)?  I have seen posts where Medical Transcriptionists/VR Editors have lamented about losing benefits because they are not able to meet straight typing minimums (the average seems to be around 150 lines per hour, 1200 lines per day, or 6000 lines per week), but I have never seen anyone talk about not being able to meet MINIMUM VR Editing requirements.  Since it seems as though most la ...