A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

how are you all handling this? - no leave without pay

Posted: Aug 27, 2013

Are you really sitting at your desk till midnight to get your hours in?

I won't - RADMT

[ In Reply To ..]
do that. It's funny, I haven't ran out of jobs since that started. Used to only get 20-25 hours a week, so if I start running out again, I will NOT make them up! It's not worth it, they can fire me.

NJA - shadow

[ In Reply To ..]
They will just take our PTO and use that if we are short and don't make it up.

I think that would be my last straw - PTO

[ In Reply To ..]
if they take my PTO without my consent. And what if you don't have enough PTO or run out? then what?

But what if you've already used all your PTO for NJA (nm) - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Not me, I am getting my four hours w/a - mmm

[ In Reply To ..]
and also filling out take time off without pay.

Maybe if they realize it's just not possible - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
maybe then they'll change it back.

and for those of us who have to have a second job.... - SOSDD

[ In Reply To ..]
to compensate this pitiful pay???

that's a problem for me too - Old School

[ In Reply To ..]
I swear if it wasn't for the insurance...

me too - mt2

[ In Reply To ..]
I work a full time job plus work for MM at night till 11 p.m. I work 7 days a week....There are only so many hours in the day.

the minute I run out of PTO for NJA, I'm RETIRING - on the chopping block

[ In Reply To ..]
Screw them. No notice. They'll be getting their equipment back after I drop it from 10 stories.

Why are you using your PTO for NJA, that is not up to you to do - mme

[ In Reply To ..]
You DO NOT HAVE TO USE PTO FOR NJA. Plain and simple.

My supervisor seems to think so. - on the chopping block

[ In Reply To ..]
AND I have another job, so no way am I trying to make up my time on THEIR schedule. If time off w/o pay is still an option, I'll use it and see what happens. My other job pays less than 15K/year, so I can still get my social security once I'm free of Mmodal.

I've been able to make my hours so far this week, but am very concerned... - CB

[ In Reply To ..]
I have a very busy life OUTSIDE of work spending time with friends and family who are much more important than sitting in front of a computer staring at a screen, knowing you're good at what you do, but realizing it's now all about numbers, TAT, accuracy percentages, minimum line counts, and strict schedules. I say that sadly because that's how I feel now, although I used to love my job (like others who have been in this business for 20+ years). There is no way I can "be available" all hours of the day or night, or use my hard-earned PTO, to make up for work that the company cannot provide on a schedule we both agreed to. My wise husband told me not to worry until the time comes where it's an issue - thankfully, I have a wonderful supervisor - and he's right. But I hate that it's just another stress that this company has created.

Just wait until next week when there is little to no work - because of Labor Day holiday

[ In Reply To ..]
and everyone is competing for a little bit of work to try and make up their hours, especially those of us who have already used most of our PTO for NJA.

Tell you what I won't be doing - NJA tickets

[ In Reply To ..]
I can't see the point of submitting a ticket anymore since all that's saying is hey, I didn't have work for 6 minutes but now I'm going back to work. But if I can't get my time in, then I just can't, and if they want to fire me, then let them.

Similar Messages:

Just Curious How Others Are Handling This POD
Nov 12, 2014

I got hit by a flying POD yesterday for the first time. Line count, what is that? dropped 50 lines in nothing flat and that was end of shift, can hardly wait to see what my next work day holds. My first course of action is to apply for jobs out of this field. But in the meantime, can we "protest" this and how? You see this is what I don't understand. If the same hospitals are here, just grouped differently and we are still here, just grouped differently, why can't we keep a consi ...

So Is QA Handling Multiple Accounts Also?
Nov 24, 2013

They darn sure are all over the map as well. This BOSS speaks to the problem we are all complaining about, multiple accounts cause multiple problems. If you actually sat down and DID your job, you could better track and send out work. There are ways, it takes time, and it takes extreme patience, and most of all it takes the loss of you TAT bonus for maybe a couple of months until you get it right. If you truly care, quality would come first. And QA, please stop the BS corrections, I ...

How Have You Guys Been Handling NJA And Making Up Time? Sm
Nov 12, 2013

Fortunately I haven't been running out BUT I was denied (once again) Christmas and New Years off.  Not too concerned about New Years but I host Christmas and will have to work till 2:00 in the afternoon.  My family will open gifts at the crack of dawn so I can start my shift and my hubby will bring my breakfast into the office for me to eat while (or if) I'm working.  Last year I had probably less than 5 jobs in 2 hours and called it a day and that was okay....last year. ...