A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

So Bored!! - me

Posted: Oct 03, 2012

I just started doing SR work a few weeks ago, and I have never been so bored in all my life.  Is it just me, or does anyone else find it extremely boring?  It takes everything I've got to not fall asleep while I'm working.  And it seems all I ever do is put in commas.  Also I was given the impression that it would be so easy to do around 300 lines an hour on SR, but I'm sure not getting that.  I'm lucky to get 150.  Not real happy right now. Frown

No, it's not - just you! (nm)

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

What company do you work for? sm - hypertyper

[ In Reply To ..]
Did you just start SR or did you work for another company first? How easy is it to get a SR job after only doing typing? Hope you get some more jobs so you won't be bored and hope you make your quota!

What % speed are you listening to them? - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

wailt til your 6 years into it... - robot

[ In Reply To ..]
Cant believe you escaped it this long, but just you wait a few years. There is no enjoyment in life at all anymore. Everything looks gray, nothing has a smell, you wake up, edit, go to bed, you spend any downtime you have staring at a wall...

STARING AT A WALL - Nature

[ In Reply To ..]
Dear Robot: I am so sorry you feel this way. I know that I am frustrated too with my job, which is 90% of my life it seems. I know how I feel so sad that my job has become so consuming and stressful, never knowing if you are going to do something to get fired, feeling like the axe is hanging over your head constantly, but I was hoping there was not anyone who felt the same way. I do not wish that on anyone else. I hope things get better for you. I only work 24 hours a week, but work 6 days a week. I am semi retired, and had to give up half of my Social Security forever to do this at 62. Next March I will be 65, and I will be no better off. I can't retire completely, as I cannot live on $800 a month. So I will have to continue working unless a miracle happens. It is so scarry to think about the future. I am divorced, and have no help there. But I know I am just a grain of sand on the beach, just like so many other people my age. :(

To: Nature sm - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Are you sure about Social Security? I've been reading up a lot lately as I will be 62 next year. It sounds like if you start collecting at 62, but keep working, that your benefit "may" increase at your full retirement age. Maybe check with the Social Security people. It is all very confusing, but here is a link I found. Hope I am understanding it correctly as I will also be working part time next year and filing for early SS. They may be referring to someone waiting until full retirment age. Hope someone knows what it means!

Bored to tears, but have to change every - other word.

[ In Reply To ..]
Would gladly trade to just put in commas.

Similar Messages:

So Freakin Bored!
May 19, 2011

Lately I am sooooo bored with work.  I do about 1/3 regular transcription and 2/3 ASR and I'm bored out of my mind.  Very seldom have to research much other than doctor's names or equipment names.  Same dictators saying the same things with the same irritating quirks.  ASR with the same stupid mistakes to change in virtually the same reports I did the day before. Is there some way to cope with the boredom?  Do I need a new account or something?  I'm ...

I Am Bored Out Of My Mind And/or Can't Concentrate
Sep 16, 2014

I have literally put my face in my hands out of not being able to stand working today. Anything to help??? ...