A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

PTO payout - after quitting

Posted: May 27, 2015

I have a question regarding PTO for anyone who quit.  How long did it take to pay it out?  I gave my notice of 2 weeks and my last day was a few weeks ago.  I don't see it on my paycheck for this Friday.  How long does it take to pay it out?  I would think it would have been on this paycheck for this Friday.  Thanks.

Probably should have been on this paycheck. I would - get in touch with payroll tomorrow.

[ In Reply To ..]
Look at this link also. Has some state laws in case your state is included. Also check out the federal laws, though my guess is that it should be on the final paycheck.

http://employment.findlaw.com/losing-a-job/last-paycheck-laws.html

Slightly more information. - see link

[ In Reply To ..]
http://labor-employment-law.lawyers.com/human-resources-law/vacation-time-after-leaving-an-employer.html

Same thing happened to me - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I ended up calling HR payroll 3 weeks after my last day and they had not been notified that I no longer worked there even though I had given my 2 weeks notice to my TSM and her manager. All my logins still worked during that time also. It appears that Nuance needs to acquire some organizational skills along with many other things. As soon as I notified them I received the PTO in the next check.

my experience - anon46

[ In Reply To ..]
I remember looking for it on my last check, then somewhat forgot about it (was only about $40). A couple of weeks later while balancing my checkbook, there it was! It had shown up by itself on the next regular payday. HTH.

Usually the paycheck following your last pay. nm - acuteMLS

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

PTO PAY - CINDY

[ In Reply To ..]
I didn't quit but got fired and I got it two weeks after my last check.

I am slotted to get mine tomorrow - HangingInThere

[ In Reply To ..]
My last day was 05/07 and I have a paystub in ADP showing mine will be deposited tomorrow. I received a letter from them in the mail stating it would be paid the pay cycle after my last pay check. However, if you didn't work your 2 weeks they are not legally bound to pay you our PTO. It is not required by law. It is supposedly a courtesy. But if you got that letter from them, that is a legally binding agreement.

Similar Messages:

Incentive Payout (?)
Jan 27, 2013

Did anyone get their payout for the incentive they offered when the system was down, and if so, how is it listed on your pay stub?  I had almost $100 in incentive, but it's not on my check?  TIA ...

Production Incentive Payout Discrepancy
Jan 28, 2011

They apparently overpaid me for a bonus and this amount will be deducted from my next paycheck.  Nice.  And what was the amount of this bonus I received that they can't live without? $1.48.  A DOLLAR @!#$& 48!!  ...