A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Out of patience, no motivation. - dnr

Posted: May 24, 2015

Dictating with your kid crying right behind you?? Really?? Started the shift off getting an account out of my usual BOB, and the HPI for every single one had to be totally retyped. I don't have any more patience for the doctors who sit their breathing or thumbing through the chart or searching the electronic record without putting the dictation on hold. I find moving the audio to a place where there is dictation really helps my lph. Only "advantage" of ASR. Of course, I only go as far as I would bet my income on. As far as motivation, I could barely be more demotivated. The only step down in motivation would be to not show up for my shift. LOL. After the last "quality alert", there is nothing left, totally demotivated. Gee, on the perfect list and "flunk" a report the same day - 2 minor "errors". Adding insult to injury, the other report with 1 little minor error sent to me had the same "minor errors" marked as no points off in the other report. They have now spent any motivation I might have had for this job.

So agree with you - about motivation

[ In Reply To ..]
It used to take me 20 to 30 minutes after my shift started to even start working on the first job. Now its more like 45 minutes, so the first hour of my shift is pretty much gone. I know this is costing me money, but I just don't know how to brace myself to get any more work done. The first day of my work week sometimes starts in tears. My motivation has never been this low in my life. The only way I keep up with my line count is to work like crazy the last couple of hours of my shift just to stay afloat. I don't know what else to do to motivate myself. I cut back my expenses so I make just enough. No motivation for anything more than that. Sad way to live.

Wow that's me to a T - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I barely work all day long and at the end I finally settle in and produce..Thought I was going a bit insane. Wish I knew how to overcome it, but I don't. Maybe drop down to P/T, I think I could get the same amt of work at 25 hours as 40.

You are not alone! - Pooped

[ In Reply To ..]
Really low production this morning for the same reason! Now I am going to have to bust my butt and play catch up all week!

Why bother? Minimum wage job now. They don't care, - neither do I!

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Minimum wage? - Cindy

[ In Reply To ..]
Ha! Some days I barely make $5 an hour, especially when it's bad audio guy eating celery while his kid is crying in the background, the dog is barking, and the mariachi band next door is rehearsing.

Similar Messages:

Wow, I Have No Patience For Interns/NP/residents Today
Dec 10, 2010

Usually I can handle all of their mistakes and quirks and just plain pointless and unnecessary babbling, but today it's been getting to me.  I swear, the way the mispronounce everything (pharnyx) and butcher meds and big words is driving me nuts.  ...

My Patience Is Running Thin Today
Sep 16, 2014

Talking at the speed of light, poor sound quality, half words, yawning, chewing, accents..I HATE this JOB!!! ...

What A Relief! I Received Another Email Thanking Me For My Patience Sm
Jan 05, 2011

during the no-work situation, and if I just wait a few more weeks, the holidays will be over and all of the overstaffing problems will be solved because the new accounts will start.   Well, yipee.   Any company that thinks they can starve me for 2-3 months while I sit and wait for crumbs of work to be doled out is suffering from some sort of delusion.   I answered the email by giving my 2-week notice.  Goodbye SoftScript with your PIA ticket number emails ...

I Have No Patience For The Amount Of Corrections Needed Today!
Oct 12, 2013

I swear the speech engine just makes up the output as it has no resemblence to what the doctor says! We got a note stating we were making too many errors and our quality had gone down, with a side note that QAM knows we are struggling to maintain our counts, but this does not matter. Every once in a while I get told to slow down. Heck,I doing the best with what I have and the fatigue of doing this all day. Only minor errors such as leaving in an extra pronoun or such. I don't ...

Motivation
Apr 03, 2011

If you are a part time MT, what would motivate you to go to full-time.  Also, what do you think would motivate a low-producing MT to increase production? ...

Tips For Motivation?
May 18, 2011

eee gads, every have one of those nights, or one of those weeks? what do you do when you just can't seem to get in the groove? maybe its the mt week contests and knowing I will never win anything (even though I meet all the production requirements) plus just plain wore out from trying to move for the past week or so.  tried to get some PTO, but never get approved. and then add to it the 3rd shift blues.  no matter what, just can't keep my eyes open! ...

Lacking Motivation
Oct 17, 2011

So it's Monday morning and I have very little to no motivation to crank out reports.  This is getting to be a real problem.  My line count is dwindling because of my lack of motivation.  I've been doing this job for decades.  Where do you find motivation?  Any tips or tricks you care to share?  The weeks get longer all the time and while I like my job I certainly do not love it any more.  Help!  Thanks. ...

Motivation/burn Out!
Jun 07, 2013

How does one stay motivated day in and day out...when the account I have I find very boring (rehab) and not acute care which I love, I am soooo burned out, and unsure of company changes and soon going to be calling this profession the quits as I will be going to school part time in the fall to pursue a career change? Any suggestions, please! ...

Help With Motivation/staying On Task
Aug 08, 2012

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to deal with/power through horrendous audio quality reports? We  have had these reports on my primary account for 2 months now and my company refuses to do anything about them. I turn the volume all the way up and still can barely hear the dictator over all the static. I struggle to figure out what they are saying, but I find myself "checking out" and losing focus and motivation to get through these reports after a while. How does everyone else do it? ...

Two Issues: Accents And Motivation
Mar 05, 2014

Anyone else have these issues? I find that after doing report after report of doctors with different accents (Indian obviously, Asian, Spanish, British), it just gets more difficult to wrap my head around what is being said.  I can't find that sweet spot where I can understand what is being said, and it is so frustrating! Also, motivation.  I start my shift, am on a good roll, then NJA.  After doing a few jobs that trickle in, clock in and clock out, try to remember the ent ...

Absolutely No Motivation For This Job Anymore.
Mar 20, 2015

After 21 years of doing transcription, yes starting with a typewriter, I have no will left to do this job. After searching other companies, it seems the industry is in the toilet. We are at the mercy of companies like Nuance because in-house transcription is a thing of the past. I woke up this morning and realized in the last 16 years I have come full circle, 7 cpl when starting at home, and now most likely back to 7 cpl with this new grid. I don't even see the point in arguing over the QC% ...

Nothing Like ASR And The Crummy Pay To Kill The Spirit And Motivation.
Jan 28, 2010

I feel like quitting! ...

Any Tips For Increasing Motivation/production?
Nov 15, 2010

I'm not sure if I'm burned out on MT as a whole (I don't think I am), just my current MTSO, or if I've got some component of ADD.  Whatever it is, I need to get out of this slump.  Increasing production just because I need the money doesn't seem to be a motivator.  I've been doing this for 21 years now.  I've always been a little distractible, but it seems to be getting worse.  Does anyone have any tips or tricks for improving their p ...