A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

My job was eliminated - redmaj

Posted: Aug 16, 2013

Well, I just got a call and my job has been eliminated due to lack of work.  I am part-time flex (because of medical issues). Yes, I have had NO WORK for weeks or more, but the strange thing is the last few days, I have had work no matter what time I clock on.  I have been getting new hospitals (or rather new to me, not sure if new to MModal), and I thought COOL.  Well, just got a call from my supervisor that my position (part time flex) has been eliminated due to no work.  Kind of sucks since today I thought "cool, more work, more hospitals".  Oh well.  I kind of didnt believe it after reading posts on MT Stars about lay offs, etc.  My supervisor told me if anything changes I can be re-hired.  I dont think so.  It is just weird that I am getting all this work the past few days, and now my job was eliminated.  I have over 30 years experience, RARELY get anything from QA-not bragging, but after this much experience I can transcribe in my sleep.

Anyway, not sure what I will do now.  Maybe be a Zumba instructor!  Probably will make as much as I have here the past 6 months.  I am kind of bummed about it.  I still think they have offshored most of the work. 

job eliminated - Day2 Termination

[ In Reply To ..]
Sorry to hear. I know how you feel. Got my call yesterday morning. Felt weird not working today and tomorrow will be even stranger. Have been working weekends for the past 25 years. I can't shake the anxiety even though I am financially okay, thank God. Been keeping busy doing the usual things I do when I wasn't working and I do love the time, but it's a bummer no matter. We will adjust.

I was let go 3-1/2 weeks ago. - Finding the new normal.

[ In Reply To ..]
Been with same company for 26 years. It has been very different these last 3-1/2 weeks since I was let go. I feel so relieved. I sleep at night. I am getting things done around the house, enjoying being with my family in the evenings, and picked berries and did some jam. I am having a party at my house for Labor Day. No constant looking in the computer to see if there is work. I am stress free and it feels great. My pay at MM went to the cable bill and electric bill which basically I was working for MM for free. I had a backup plan 3 years ago because I knew this day was coming and working at a clinic part time.

Job eliminated - redmaj

[ In Reply To ..]
I still have to wonder, if MModal is getting all these new accounts, what is it with our jobs eliminated? I believe a lot is sent to India, etc. and that should be ILLEGAL. I feel so bad for those of you who have years to work yet, and really need this job to pay their bills. I am fortunate that this was my "extra money", but still it hurts. Is there anything that can be done about offshoring? So, lets just put U.S. citizens on unemployment and welfare so the big companies can get rich and screw the American workers. Now I am getting worked up, people.

off-shore - artlady

[ In Reply To ..]
I am in your same position. Received the fatal call yesterday morning with no knowledge whatsoever that my part-time position was in peril. I should have received a memo or call at least two weeks ago. Totally blind-sided. And yes, they are telling us that there is no work, but I know that our jobs have been "not eliminated", but taken over by "cyber sweatshops" in India. I believe this has been in the making for years now and the final blow has happened, probably when Medquist became MModal. Very unjustified. Perhaps some one of us has a lawyer in the family that can come forward. A physician spoke to me today saying there may be some sort of legal action that can take place. I sure hope so. MModal should not be allowed to continue their unscrupulous business practices.

Dreading the day - ac

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm just waiting for the time when my call comes. A brand new grocery store is being built right across the street from me, so I'll be putting in my application there. Hopefully I can keep this one just long enough for the store to open. Otherwise I don't know what I'll do! It's just awful because I started doing MT when I was 20 and thought this was something I could retire on.

I talked to my doctor about it and she HATES the VR there. She got a report back that said "epic taxes" instead of "epistaxis." She keeps getting emails about how she needs to properly dictate in order for the VR to do it right. She's getting really frustrated with it all. I was surprised she got that email because she's very clear when she speaks. She didn't even know that our work is going over to India and she was furious about it! She said doctors aren't told about this stuff and they just get yelled at for not dictating right. She said now that she knows, she's not going to dictate like they want so real people will have to do her reports.

"Epic Taxes" is what companies that offshore - good American jobs should be paying! (nm)

[ In Reply To ..]
;D
MTBankAccount

My fav is "Lasix surgery" - MayraMM

[ In Reply To ..]
Saw it about 5 times in one week alone. But that's what happens when their QA is outsourced, too.

Job was eliminated - Draculaura

[ In Reply To ..]
I am so sorry to hear you were let go today; however there are much better things ahead for you and for all of us.

You mentioned maybe a Zumba instructor in your post. Not a bad idea. I am thinking of becoming a teacher assistant for preschool kids and then go onto TA school-age kids. I think education may be a good thing to go into since I don't think they are going to be sending our kids anytime soon to India or China to be learning reading, writing, and arithmatic.

Similar Messages:

CTL Positions Being Eliminated?
Nov 05, 2009

Heard a rumor that the CTL positions are being eliminated around the 15th.   Perhaps this is a question you should ask your CCMs/area directors?   Not sure if it is true but when asked specifically, it was not denied but there is something brewing around the 15th.   Seems like all CTLs will be moved to the MME positions and the CCMs will assume the CTL duties.  Sounds like another shake up at the Q which always happens around the holidays.  Wonder if ...

CTL Position Eliminated-TOLD YOU!
Nov 16, 2009

When this position was created, I told several on this board NOT TO APPLY for it because it would be eliminated like other positions they dream up.  YEP, just got word today it has been.  The CTLs will now be MMEs only.  UNBELIEVEABLE!!!  This company never ceases to amaze me!  Several days ago, someone said something was going to happen on 11/15, this was it!! ...

IC Jobs Being Eliminated Because Of New HIPPA Laws?
Aug 15, 2013

Is anyone elses company elminating IC jobs because of the new HIPPA laws?? We were told that the new laws effect all ICs and that we can either do all this paperwork and training to become a businness associate or become an employee, which for me means losing almost $600 a month in pay! ...

Confused About People Laid Off Part Time Flex, Thought Flex Position Was Eliminated Years Ago
Aug 17, 2013

I am part time but not flex. I wanted to go flex but my CCM told me that they no longer had flex positions available. This was probably 2 years ago.  How is everyone part time flex? ...