A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

MT Perspective - Lee

Posted: Apr 10, 2010

Most of you have them figured out.  I was in the last wave in 2005 when they closed our location and dumped us into the system with poor audio, inaccessible supervisors, knowing those of us who were making a decent line rate would eventually bow out.  I truly believe the industry has reduced the MT to the role of at-home slave.  So sad.  You know, it is the patients who ultimately suffer because of the greed of investors who derive their sumptuous subsistence off the sweat and misery of others.  May God bless all who suffer under this oppressive system.

isn't that sad ? . . . nm - voice

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

On your side - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Some people who still have it good can't or won't see the writing on the wall. Eventually the realization will come. If they are thrown into constant dictation which is impossible to hear, let alone transcribe accurately the picture will quickly change. 90% of my dictation is like listening to a loud thunderstorm with the dictator placing a cup against his/her mouth while dictating critical radiation therapy notes. There is no way to even reference these drugs/dosages when the first letter of the drug cannot be understood. Some stilll have decent dictation. When you no longer do there is no way of holding on emotionally, let alone financially.

Been there too - Greenjeans

[ In Reply To ..]
Worked for a company back in the early 90's, which was bought out by another company, which was bought out by another company, and so on again until eventually MQ finally took us over. Even then I could see what their objectives were about and chose to leave for a small MTSO and things were wonderful until....MQ bought them out. I literally sat and cried. Anyway things were okay for a while, when we still had individual offices, but in 2006 when the big changes took place (the symphony cr@p)I left again and I'm so glad I did.

MQ seems to have different methods of operation depending on the region. They tend to "make improvements/changes" one region at a time which could be why some folks are still living in a state of bliss.

I feel sorry for those happy folks believing that things will continue indefinitely as they are. CBay has other intentions. Anyone who saw what happened when they bought Heartland knows what will eventually happen. They're already weeding out MT's making higher line counts by making them miserable.

Yes, you're right about the at-home slave thing. Have you noticed it seems that MQ takes the lead making negative changes and then the other nationals follow?

Similar Messages:

Perspective
Feb 11, 2010

I occasionally come here, and I read the posts, and I can't help but wonder of course, what is going on with Medquist, and with other companies, and with U.S. MT's having their boats rocked about outsourcing and all these other things we're dealing with every day. Here are some things to consider (and I'm trying to be objective and somewhat helpful here because I'm in the same boat the rest of y'all are): 1. If you wear a clothing item that says "made in China," t ...

Here Is Some Perspective. Sm
Oct 14, 2010

MTs have unfortuantely lost their jobs in the recent months and work is slowing down across the board.  That does not viilfy the MTSO.  It's part of a much bigger picture. MTs tend to live in their own microcosmic world.  We are not the only ones impacted by the slow economy, bad housing market, downturn in census at healthcare facilities and company layoffs. Take a look at DailyJobCuts.com ...

Imedix -- From A QA Perspective
Nov 24, 2014

I can totally understand why people are upset.  I was hired as QA.  The account that I was on was a major hospital system     blanks that I could easily understand. However, there were times when I just had to leave a blank.  We were instructed to "ding" the MT as much as possible and the rules we followed were as per Nuance guidelines.  Even as a QA, we had audits from upper management.  I was terminated because my quality score fell below 98%.  I felt fo ...

Resumes From An MTSO Perspective?
Sep 02, 2011

I know MTSOs are inundated with resumes, so what catches your eye and what turns you off?  Do you really want to know all the places I have worked?  Or would you rather have a brief resume stating only my years of experience, field of experience, etc.?  What I am best at, etc.  Would appreciate a recruiter's input.  ...

Dr. X Was Consulted From A S/l *Spanish* Cardiology Perspective. NM. TIA!
Dec 10, 2014

x ...