A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Imedix -- from a QA perspective - nn

Posted: Nov 24, 2014

I can totally understand why people are upset.  I was hired as QA.  The account that I was on was a major hospital system     blanks that I could easily understand. However, there were times when I just had to leave a blank.  We were instructed to "ding" the MT as much as possible and the rules we followed were as per Nuance guidelines.  Even as a QA, we had audits from upper management.  I was terminated because my quality score fell below 98%.  I felt for MTs who were actually in the trenches.  The audio was horrible!  JMO, but I feel that Imedix is worse than either MM or Nuance in the fact that it is IC status.  Thank the good Lord that I have moved into 2 companies, straight transcription and I know my quality is 99% or above.

sorry my keyboard went nuts - OP

[ In Reply To ..]
my keyboard went nuts. The account that I was on was in . Again, Imedix for QA follows Nuance guidelines.

Thanks for the post. - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
I almost landed at Imedx. Goodness knows I can't endure another QA crazy company. It drives me nuts when people are doing 98% VR, expected to double production, initially being told not to over-edit, and yet QA will come behind you and pick your work to pieces things that don't matter...talk about over-editing! Maybe that's why VR doesn't learn, overly anal QA people confuse it!

I'm glad you shared. I know they say to take what you read with a grain of salt and make your own decisions, but I know how to eat the meat and spit out the bones and I consider your post to be a meaty one.

you're totally correct - Snow Bunny (the original)

[ In Reply To ..]
With the exception of obvious errors (is/was) and blatant speech errors (doctor said "below knee" and system typed "baloney"), you're not supposed to edit things.

And until TPTB and QA get that through their thick skulls, there will continue to be problems with the speech engine.

I had one QA person light my work up like a Christmas tree with - a bunch of subjective, irrelavent...

[ In Reply To ..]
stuff that benefited no one other than herself, I guess because it stroked her ego. Looking at the report, you would have thought I really botched it up, but there was not 1 single solitary critical nor major error in the report. Only subjective things based on her opinion. And yes, it was a VR report. Now you tell me how VR learns when you have QA people like that? I'm not talking about changing verb tenses and things like that either, I'm talking about ridiculous stuff.

It's like some of them are out to intimidate you and take great pride in marking up your work or trying to make it appear as though you suck or something.

Similar Messages:

Alpha/AKA Imedix
Aug 22, 2014

Anyone else wondering why Alpha, which is now apparently owned by Indians, working on USA government contracts (Numerous VA Hospitals across the country)?   ...

Perspective
Feb 11, 2010

I occasionally come here, and I read the posts, and I can't help but wonder of course, what is going on with Medquist, and with other companies, and with U.S. MT's having their boats rocked about outsourcing and all these other things we're dealing with every day. Here are some things to consider (and I'm trying to be objective and somewhat helpful here because I'm in the same boat the rest of y'all are): 1. If you wear a clothing item that says "made in China," t ...

MT Perspective
Apr 10, 2010

Most of you have them figured out.  I was in the last wave in 2005 when they closed our location and dumped us into the system with poor audio, inaccessible supervisors, knowing those of us who were making a decent line rate would eventually bow out.  I truly believe the industry has reduced the MT to the role of at-home slave.  So sad.  You know, it is the patients who ultimately suffer because of the greed of investors who derive their sumptuous subsistence off the swe ...

Here Is Some Perspective. Sm
Oct 14, 2010

MTs have unfortuantely lost their jobs in the recent months and work is slowing down across the board.  That does not viilfy the MTSO.  It's part of a much bigger picture. MTs tend to live in their own microcosmic world.  We are not the only ones impacted by the slow economy, bad housing market, downturn in census at healthcare facilities and company layoffs. Take a look at DailyJobCuts.com ...

Resumes From An MTSO Perspective?
Sep 02, 2011

I know MTSOs are inundated with resumes, so what catches your eye and what turns you off?  Do you really want to know all the places I have worked?  Or would you rather have a brief resume stating only my years of experience, field of experience, etc.?  What I am best at, etc.  Would appreciate a recruiter's input.  ...

Dr. X Was Consulted From A S/l *Spanish* Cardiology Perspective. NM. TIA!
Dec 10, 2014

x ...