A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I wonder if this is a hint... - as to my future w/ Q?

Posted: Aug 29, 2011

I was one of those who would read the horrible stuff on here about MQ and I doubt all of the negativity.  Since I started working at home 10 yrs ago, my original company merged w/ a few others, but I still loved my job, always had work, and was paid almost 6x what I am now since I was bought by this company.  Ran out of work again today (6th day in a row).  My CCM advised me to start taking PTO for the NJA time.  Since I've been around for awhile and am tier 4, wonder if this means they plan on canning me.  Just tired of ending every day in tears when I simply want to work and make enough to pay for groceries.

Didnt know we had Tier 4 - ForeverQer

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been here forever... Never heard of Tier 4.

You do not have to use PTO. They suggest it to take all of your PTO time and that way, you have no time off when you need it. If you run out of work, you have the option of making it up, or taking the time with no pay (and then I would file for unemployment). If you try to make it up, you can jump on whenever you have time to do that.

Do not be bullied around here. It is in the policy on MQ Central.

Yep, T4, they mentioned it briefly last year or so - Op notes only. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Just a reply from... - OP

[ In Reply To ..]
I totally understand my options for NJA. I'm one of the ancient dinosaurs who was grandfathered as I've been there since HealthScribe was around. I just have nothing positive to say any more, other than the fact that our mentor sent me an audit notice that I scored 100% on 1 job last week. Truth was that I did it 3 times. Not bragging, just saying, no positivity compared to when I started.

Yeah I got all 100's. Not even an Attagirl. - Really makes you feel all

[ In Reply To ..]
warm and fuzzy.

100% on 1 job (truth x3) - so

[ In Reply To ..]
So, you got 3 reports back at 100%. My last audit was 10 reports at 100%. Big Whoop... Isn't that our job?

So - OP

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, I was just doing my job. My point was that usually they kick us when we're down and that's fine for them, but when we do something right we aren't given any encouragement. I said I didn't mean that in a bragging manner; I meant it in a positive light. Geez! Bully for you, though.

Negativity about MQ - Understand

[ In Reply To ..]
What one perceives as negativity quickly becomes a sense of reality when you are among those who are treated so badly. I cannot believe how my job changed and the attitude of management changed in the last years that I worked for MQ. I wish those who bash us for commenting on our experiences could be more open minded. This company does what it wants, to whom it wants to accomplish their agenda. I went from loving my job to losing accounts one by one, to being ignored, to being threatened. The quality of my work went from excellent to 95% garbage that was impossible to be heard or understood. My pay dropped more than $400.00 a month. People have better ways to use their time than fabricating stores to entertain the readers. It truly can and does happen when you work for a company like this. Good luck to you.

Is it a hint - xxx

[ In Reply To ..]
The only thing you can "predict" about the Q is that they are completely unpredictable and that they will exploit employees to the max. Glad I got out.

Similar Messages:

Can Someone Give Me A Hint How To Get Into
Nov 16, 2013

Have the link just misplaced my user name and password somewhere..and really dont want to talk to Phil in India this morning ...

Hint To The Doctors Out There
Oct 07, 2014

If you think an American sounds funny, chances are YOU have an accent. Slow down and stop rattling along, especially labs and lab values, very hard to understand when you get on a roll. ...

Do Your Fingers Reach In The Manner Described In The Latest Productivity Hint Email?
Oct 15, 2013

I must have much smaller hands, because I cannot reach the keys in the manner described for the right hand. Unfortunately, I already use the other tips and use the right + left hand for shortcuts, and only thing that makes any difference is the quality of the output. I don't use the DQS expander. Can you put heading formatting short cuts in it, i.e., heading + hightlight + Ctl H? I use the old program Short Cut instead. I could put the old style heading formatting codes (/>), but I ...

Shorthand - "hint" Window Or The "suggestion" Window?
Sep 02, 2010

Do you guys use the "hint" window or the "suggestion" window? So, I've been using SH for a bit now and today, by accident,  was trying to change a font, I realized that I was only using the small "hint" window and there was the "suggestion" window that brings up more than 1 entry. For a couple of reports I used the "suggestion" window but found it awkward having to scan the window, but probably weird to me because I'm not used to it. Which do you use?   ...