A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I have been chosen. - dnr

Posted: Dec 18, 2013

Got the email that I have been identified as someone who would benefit from SR proficiency mentoring. In other words, I am not fast enough. Oh goody. I was "mentored" a long time ago, and, after watching me a few minutes, the mentor said it was the SR, not me. :-P. Well, the SR has gotten even worse since that time! Add to that, I am having to spend even more time adding commas and formatting than in the past. Heck, I'm the one who got a sizeable ding when I "added" a word, "add" when they say the doctor said "uh". I also failed an audit by a 0.15 -- Oh my, I am such a horrible person. Oh, I spend more time rechecking the CP because I got nailed 1 point off be I missed something buried in a CP for 1 particular work type for 1 account. Oh, and 1 more thing --- I was just moved to a new group, told I would have my first audit in a few weeks after transfer, but was audited 1 week later. I will be so happy when I am out of here!

You are not alone - mom2huskies

[ In Reply To ..]
I am struggling to make my line count too.

Me - too

[ In Reply To ..]
I think they are getting ready for another move to India. This is how it goes. They try to fire everybody they can instead of laying off.

what region are you 3 in? - trying to make it fit

[ In Reply To ..]
I sometimes feel like I am from a different company than the rest of you.

UK account - mom2huskies

[ In Reply To ..]
I just got written up for being a couple of lph below the minimum.

who - can

[ In Reply To ..]
keep up with regions. I have been moved 4 times in the last few months. I can say I'm in the United States but every report is from a different state. I've had doctors that I think are really dictating in Spanish. But, I need mentoring.

it might be okay - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
A few months back I was a chosen one to be mentored. I resented it after my years of experience, but I did learn a few key strokes I didn't know and actually did increase my line count.

QA said we got email - HMM

[ In Reply To ..]
in Octorber stating all MTs would be going through mentoring. I can't find a copy in my email. Anyone else?

I don't remember an email but I do remember this being said - by my QC a while back

[ In Reply To ..]
I went through it and honestly, it's no big deal AT ALL. It's about a half hour phone call and at the end, you put the phone down while you do a sample ASR report while the mentor watches on a shared screen. They "say" you might have a follow up call to go over more stuff in a couple of weeks but that call never came. I do understand why most people don't want to do it but I agree with the poster above - I actually picked up a few keyboard short cuts that I didn't know before and I've been using them ever since. Go into it with an open mind and a willingness to learn and you might be surprised how smoothly it goes ... it's not threatening or scary even one little bit.

Similar Messages:

Guess I Am Not One Of The Chosen Few
Mar 07, 2012

E-mail says 300 MTs chosen to attend the webcast.  If you haven't received an invitation, you're not in.  Curious to see what the 300 have to say... ...

So Do We Think They've Chosen & Notified All 60?
Mar 20, 2014

x ...

If You Are One Of The Chosen....Please Please Read Post
Mar 08, 2012

I do not mean to insult or assume those who are "chosen" are not able to articulate crucial concerns, or in fact, care about the systemic denegration of MT professsion......howeverrrrrrrr...if you want a few talking points..please feel free to read below: Incentive:  I feel the biggest issue is no incentive plan for a PRODUCTION job.  This absolutely goes against every corporate principle to increase productivity, be it commissionable sales (as I am sure account executives are receivi ...

How Much Do They Post Audit And How Chosen
Dec 23, 2014

I thought it was supposed to be like a 2% representation of your total line count.  How do they figure this, is it computer determined or random by QA staff? Do they have some program that generates and spits out which ones to be picked?  Do the QA staff have the option of picking whatever they want to?  I know there has to be some QA/QC people on here who might know.    ...

Shady Acres Radiology; Any Of The Chosen 23 Get An Interview Or Hear Back From Them
Sep 05, 2010

Back on August 22 or 23, there was a job posting for Shady Acres Radiology, and several people said they had received an Email from Shady Acres indicating that they had chosen 23 resumes, asked some computer questions, and if they would agree to a background check; and that Shady Acres would contact them within 7 to 10 days for an interview.   Did any of the lucky "chosen 23" hear back yet (their 10 days is up).   Whenever I see “background check” I expect the ...