A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

FTR for LAZY Mts??? - Badcat

Posted: Apr 05, 2010

I have been offline for a couple of days and just got done catching up here.  I wanted to respond to a post about FTR, it's further on in the thread but I am too angry to try to find it.

Whoever suggested that FTR is good because it weeds out the "lazy" MTs, let me ask you this.  What about the "lazy" dictators?  HUH? 

Why doesn't anyone realize that in this business TIME is MONEY?  We get paid only for the time we spend typing.  We don't get paid for all this looking up and research they want us to do, and in my case it's all because the dictator is dictating in a car during rush hour with the windows down!!!  If I can understand even a few letters of a word or a few words of a phrase I DO try to figure out what he is saying and DO try to look it up!  But if I spend a half hour or even 15 minutes trying to do that I am losing money!

The Q is forcing us to make a choice between caring about the patients and our own livelihood with FTR and taking away our second ear, QA.  Well, I'm sorry, and I don't want to sound cold, but while I DO care about the patients, I have a child to feed, I have rent to pay and bills to pay.  Those have to come first.  It's the DOCTORS who are supposed to care about the patients enough to dictate clearly. 

Don't bloody call me lazy when I DO try my hardest to fill in those blanks!  But there has to be a cutoff point for me, or I will end my shift having done only a few reports and spent all the rest of my time searching, screaming and slowly going insane.

Right on! - I see stoopid people

[ In Reply To ..]
NOT LAZY EITHER!!!

WE ARE NOT LAZY - Molly

[ In Reply To ..]
You can't be lazy and do this job!!

Dont yell at me.. I never called anyone lazy - I see stoopid people

[ In Reply To ..]
Jeez.

They win, we lose - Triscuit

[ In Reply To ..]
I can't see any way we're going to win. We either spend unreimbursed time with research, or we leave blanks and have a 3-cent cut in cpl. Our CCM said snything over 3 blanks has to go to QA.

I'll use round numbers for simplicity. If you make 10-cents a line, that is reduced to 6-cents for ASR, minus 3-cents if you have QA blanks, and your requirement is 100 lines/hour, that's $3 an hour x 8 houtd + #24 a day This is worst case scenario, since hopefully we won't have blanks in every report.

When we are slowed down by FTR, they'll have to hire newbies with a lower cpl to keep up with production.

Unless we have consistent accounts with decent dictators, we're screwed.

we were not told the 3-blank rule - NE MT

[ In Reply To ..]
We were told for bad audio/dictator effect those blanks should go right to the client- it is up to them to upgrade their equipment or give the docs Dictating 101. No way should the MT be penalized for being unable to hear the doc. However, if the word is clearly said and you absolutely can't find it- (medication or equipment name) those blanks go to the client. But still, we were not told the 3-blank rule. Boy am I not surprised there is no consistency from one CCM to the next

Amen to that! - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

BADCAT - You are SO right. It is the dictators - yoc

[ In Reply To ..]
that are in the wrong. When I first started MT - just 9 years ago. My dictators were so good and so clear it was as though they were standing in my office. Of course, I was connected directly into the hospital system - no rerecording.

98% rule - planetspinz

[ In Reply To ..]
during the phone meeting, I asked over and over how do we know what to send to QA and to the client, and was told no one knew. So I'm going by this guideline- send a 98% accurate report - which the people running the call didn't seem to be aware of either - but that's in the guidelines. So if you can say to yourself that you are sending an 98% accurate report then send it through - what does that mean - well for those of us who have been doing this for a long time we know what that means - right?

I thought the sound quality was better years ago also. - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Now it sounds like everybody is dictating in a barrel. I am worried about my hearing.

Similar Messages:

S/l He Has A Lazy S Scar Where His...
Oct 28, 2011

x ...

Lazy Doctors
Oct 05, 2013

I have a new hospital account where the doctors are supposed to dictate the addresses of recipient doctors for the letters, but most don't, so then I have to either search for the address (if they didn't garble the name too much for a search) or pend the dictation to the hospital, which takes time.  :p  Is this typical?  I haven't done letters in many years, mostly just ops and some discharges. It's very aggravating.  I don't like doing letters.   ...

I Am SO SICK Of Lazy Dictators. Have Had To Send
Mar 05, 2012

multiple reports to QA this morning because of one PA's absolute laziness.  ...