A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

FTR assures MQs sparkling reputation, sorry, I don't see the - anon

Posted: Apr 02, 2010

connection, I would rather have QA when I am unsure of something.  FTR doesn't make sense to me.  But that's what the winning essay stated, FTR helps MQs sparkling reputation.  How can anyone believe that all of the past years medical transcription has been done, it has been done wrong by having MTs be allowed help with dictation they could not be completely sure of, and not even considering them inferior MTs when they needed that help?  I know I believe that in the past the MTs wanted to get the patient record right, even if it took more than FTR.  What blarney.

But that is the problem - mt

[ In Reply To ..]
No one proofs your work in a hospital, there are no "QA" people to ask for help. I have never had an MT job where anyone looked at my work other than for initial training or for an audit. Far too many MTs at MQ became just plain lazy relying on QA, it is that simple.

I was frustrated at MQ before FTR because I could not access previous info on the same patient; problem solved.

I see lots of bi*ching about not being able to search reports - call support and have them walk you through it instead of wasting time complaining here. And yup, you will see errors in those reports. Guess who made them? Lazy MTs shoving way too many through to QA, whose job is to listen to only the blanks, not catch dumb minor errors.

Not where I worked, everything had to be perfect. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
We had extremely good transcription. If we were unsure, we listened to each other's transcription, looked in the chart, called the doctor, called the pharmacist. There were only three of us, and the head transcriptionist made sure that my transcription was perfect, and she taught me much. No sloppy work was done in our hospital, and when we became a part of another large local hospital the same applied. I never saw sloppy inaccurate transcription allowed. Maybe it's different now, but that is how I learned. By the way, the other two transcriptionists were CMTs too. One did later drop her CMT after 23 or 24 years because of seeing no value to it. They were both excellent transcriptionists and they were my mentors.

Sometimes I have so longed to call a doctor's - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
office and just ask what the P.A.'s name is who is dictating and save myself time trying to find it, but OH NO can't ever call a client. Finally after I have left it blank fifty times and it never got filled in, one hard-working and conscientious QA will take it upon herself (or himself) to find it and fill it in. We're not the only lazy people in this company.

How will FTR make those bad transcriptionists magically - anony

[ In Reply To ..]
good then? It should be about patient safety and that means QA is a good thing. FTR doesn't make sense that it will improve patient care.

So in a burst of laziness on their part, they just - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
decided not to weed out and/or punish the offenders, but to ditch QA altogether, punish the 60% or whatever of MT's that were doing a good job but sometimes had a blank in a 150-line report?

oh but they have been punishing the offenders - mt

[ In Reply To ..]
Think back to last fall when they began the push to reduce overall QA submissions first to 25% (I was floored that anyone would have that high of a submission rate), then to 15%. Right around the same time, they began concentrating hard on audits.

Coincidence? I have noticed the number of MTs on our BOB has dropped quite a bit, but the locked down BOBs and reshuffling of schedules contibuted to that too.

FTR did not fall out the sky, they have been working towards this for probably over a year.

The mistakes are not going to disappear - the client is going to see them and if they choose to do so, they will complain, only instead of just complaining in general to MQ and the several layers of so-called QA, they will be complaining about the actual person who did the work. As it should be.
All dictation is not equal, comparing dictators that - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
are easy to understand to dictators who are ESL or very sloppy, slurring words, leaving words out, etc, it is not fair to expect the same results. The bad dictators are the reason there is a need for QA. That is not the transcriptionist's fault, and there are those who have easy dictators and those who get just about all terrible dictators, no fair comparison there. I would like to see some of you defending this and see how many blanks you would have if you had some of the really atrocious dictators that some have all the time. New doctors, different accounts, etc. Well, one thing, as MQ drives out those MTs, those horrible dictators will then filter down to those who had the easier dictators and then see how those MTs who criticized the MTs who had those dictators feel. Shoe will be on the other foot then, and it is coming.
Yep. They couldn't seem to understand why I had such a high submission rate. ESL tier 3 did i - mrs.krabs
[ In Reply To ..]
I can do tier 3, started as a tier 3 many, many years ago, but look at the dictators I was getting, absolutely the worst of the worst. Accuracy and speed were not my problem. They wanted to b*tch about submission rates. Well, I can't put down what I don't understand. They're so full of BS. Why don't the Indians have to transcribe ESL? Give it to them. They get ACCENT TRAINING!!!!
I can't put all the blame on ESL though... - mrs.krabs
[ In Reply To ..]
There are just as many EFL (English first language) crappy dictators out there also. The ESL just seem to slur their words all together. I could pick out words in the slurred phrases.
By hiring newbies at 5 cents a line, quality is going to improve? - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
nm

FTR is nothing but a way to make MQ more profitable - sick and tired

[ In Reply To ..]
by eliminating QA costs. Either we will put in the time and do it, or it won't get done and the doctor can scribble something illegible in the blank. Either way, it is money-saving for MQ (in my opinion, of course)

Similar Messages:

Reputation Of A Company
Feb 17, 2010

HI, I would like to hear from anyone who has experience with CardioScribe transcription service. If you have worked for the, how well does their performance match their promises? What is their pay range? Do they have steady workloads to keep their employees busy and happy? Is there effective communication from the management to the workers?  Any information would be appreciated. Thanks!   ...

Anything About InScribe Reputation?
Oct 12, 2010

Has anyone heard anything about InScribe's reputation?  They also offer training. I don't know if they guarantee employment. ...

REPUTATION OF PROSPECTIVE EMPLOYERS
Dec 25, 2010

I am currently applying to Medquist.  Does anyone out there work for them or have any info on the quality of the company? Thanks! ...

WE Type Transcription Have A Good Reputation
Jun 23, 2011

I was just approached by this company.  Sounds like it does not have a good reputation.  Is that true? ...

SoftScript, Living Up To Its Horrendous Reputation!
Mar 18, 2013

I can't say I wasn't warned about SS, not only in the archives but by an acquaintance who'd worked there for 2 years, leaving a year ago. I took a shot, hoping they had, or were in the process of turning over a new leaf. It turned out to be the worst employment experience in my 20 years 'on the force.' I have never posted here before, often wondering if the gripes here might be limited to a handful of disgruntled employees; they're not & I'm living proof. I ...

Does Rasmussen College Have A Good Reputation In The Medical Transcription Job World???
Mar 07, 2010

Hi everyone, I just graduated from Rasmussen online college with a 2 year degree in medical transcription back in September. I was able to land a brief 2 month job in November but the lady that hired me wasn't a patient trainer and let me go because I wasn't perfect right away and she was very busy as well, backed up in fact. My question is, does Rasmussen College have a good reputation in the medical transcription world? ...

Reputation Of "At Home Professions"
Nov 10, 2009

Does anyone have any information about a company called "At Home Professions"?  i attended a seminar presented by that company to learn more about medical transcription as a profession.  I was impressed by the information and the materials but want to hear from someone who has taken their course.  Is the company credible? Thanks! ...