A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Do I dare? - stephi1

Posted: Mar 08, 2010

Hi,

I have been away for a 1.5 years from Medquist, leaving only to go to another company with some flexibility as an IC (I was with MQ when we had statutory and loved it!) and have worked for MQ twice...I am now considering coming back. The company I left for merged with another and we lost our IC status. :( Then, I went to work for another company as an IC for only a few short weeks and hated it, lousy account, poor communication, etc.

I was fairly happy with MQ prior, always had work, loved DocQScribe, great account and good supervisor. I have a few gripes, but not job is perfect and after leaving I am now seeing this.

I would like to know from those of you that have been there a while and remember being statutory, etc., and even those of you who are new to MQ, what changes there have been since I have left. Are you still happy? Good, bad and ugly would be appreciated. I am thinking this is as good as it gets!

Thanks!

Oh dear... put your ASR (reading) skills to use and - get busy reading the below posts

[ In Reply To ..]
Askin for trouble if you liked being statutory!

Thinking... - stephi1

[ In Reply To ..]
a schedule not being such a bad thing either! And I have thus dodged the bullet so far with ASR, but would be willing to learn...this whole MTing is changing, and I think in order to stay in the profession we need to learn to roll with it!

You are correct in that the MTing is changing. - But with change comes large pay cuts

[ In Reply To ..]
Dont mind having a schedule either, get used to working exactly as scheduled though as MQ is implementing a LOCKDOWN as you can read below.

Also, as you have dodged ASR thus far, you have not felt the effects of the loss in pay. That is something none of us were planning on, so be forewarned and plan accordingly.

Also, be good at whatcha do because anything over 5% submitted to QA comes at a 3 cpl lower rate than what you will be offered to type or edit. Make sure you get offered A LOT right off the bat to accommodate this.

If you love constant changes and less money every few months, this is the place for you.

Need to learn to roll with it -- oh yeah, Also learn to roll - with LESS PAY.

[ In Reply To ..]
I LOVED my schedule. It WAS great. Honestly, as if I haven't rolled enough. I want to work my schedule. HARD TO DO when they are constantly out of work on my schedule and it is not banker's hours, either. So, ya work when MQ tells you to. Forget about your life -- it now belongs to MQ.

Maybe if you are so gun ho about rolling with it -- you can tell me why typing the same amount of lines gets me less pay now, too, while I am rolling in it?

ASR is here, yes, true, true. We have ALL rolled with it. But you better roll with maybe a sugar daddy too, to make up for the money you will lose performing this joke job now with ASR, especially when you have to change every other word throughout an entire 2000 second report.

But come on in, misery loves company.

There is no excuse for MQ's games just to take money out of our pockets.

Been here for 20 years. The changes have not been good. Not at all. And I am the one who wants to work steady weekends and holidays and night shifts because it suits my private life. But even with all that, they STILL have figured out ways to cut my salary and have me run out of work.

But, come on in and roll around baby. The water is GREAT!
Wow, can you say anger... - stephi1
[ In Reply To ..]
Not that I blame you at all!. But, seriously, maybe you need to roll on out of there because you sound very unhappy and life is too short!

Dare? - sick and tired

[ In Reply To ..]
Having just finished a melt-down, crying, feeling-sorry-for-myself jig an hour ago, I cannot impress upon you strongly enough to run like a jackrabbit and find something else (anything else) to do. This is not the company you remember. I, too, loved it 6 years ago when I first started. You just cannot imagine how it is and what is happening to us on April 1st.

You can end up being paid 1 cent a line for ASR. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Brutal. Can't win no matter how hard you try.

Been with company and some board members - since 1988.

[ In Reply To ..]
Been also statutory with this company for 3 years. Went to college and had 1 interview in my whole life for a job and here I am today 22 years later with the same company.

I am outta here! Since MQ is the largest and other companies follow MQ's practices, I have gone back to school and getting into another field while I still can. I am in my mid 40's and because what this company has done by treating their employees, I took the guts and am back in school.

I am 2% on my QA submission rate, 98% on my audits, work my hours, but had enough. I work more hours and harder and my wrists are giving up and my pay is still cut in half.

MQ SEC filings state they would cut ASR pay so they could keep more money in their pockets and I think it is due to the lawsuits they have had over the years.

MQ tries to find every loop hole there is to get away with things. There are absolutely NO MORALS OR VALUES of how they treat MT's.

One week ago, there are suits and higher ups that were on this board and picking at us. That is how "unprofessional" they are. Showed their true colors.

Me too, I am in my 50s and have gone back - to school.

[ In Reply To ..]
I love it. It is hard at times, but just knowing I am gravitating away from the MQ gyp joint keeps me going.

Well, how much do you need money? - or lack thereof?

[ In Reply To ..]
First year at MQ statutory made mid 60s, last year with only the worst dictators that India cannot do and ASR that picks up on a good day about 1/4 of it correct, to mid 30's. Nuff said?

Similar Messages:

How DARE You
Mar 20, 2015

I have had no less than 10 hospitals this morning, not one of them that I have EVER seen before. I messed up something and you have the NERVE to tell me, you have gotten emails about this. Well I checked the CP, if you can take the time to send an email, then CHANGE the CP. I don't have time to go in and out of email and actually LOOK for an email because there is not even a search feature in there..Is anyone else seriously half way out the door? With my line count this morning, should h ...

Dare To Be Concerned
May 13, 2012

Dare to be a Daniel, Dare to stand alone! Dare to have a purpose firm! Dare to make it known.   "Never underestimate the power of a small group of people to change the world. In fact, it is the only way it ever has." Margaret Mead   I am part of this lawsuit because I want to  make a difference!  It is not about the money.  It is about saving our industry and receiving the respect for our professional knowledge that we have earned.    Have you ever been ...

The Green Light Is On-do We Dare Try?
Oct 07, 2010

Well wonder if it is really up or not?  Anyone else get on? ...

Do I Dare Do The Upgrade From Fluency 7.2 To 7.3?
Feb 27, 2014

According to an MM communications email, we were supposed to upgrade to 7.3 by February 24 or we would not be able to log in. Well, it's past the 24th, and I can still log in. According to the version number, I am still on 7.2. Any additional problems with 7.3 that would make me have second thoughts about upgrading as instructed. According to the email, supposedly 7.3 upgrade would give fuzzy MD results and but nothing else was stated. ...

Dare Take Apart Infinity Foot Pedal?
Dec 16, 2009

I am wondering if my intermittent sound problems are due to ? dust/dirt in my foot pedal.  Should I try to take it apart?  any suggestions? ...