A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Changing from McAfee to Kaspersky - Any comments?

Posted: Mar 18, 2010

Just received an E-mail stating I needed to replace my McAfee with Kaspersky by the end of this month.  Has anyone noticed any changes when working with Kaspersky?

I just switched 3 weeks ago and - Just Sayin

[ In Reply To ..]
I was a little leery because of some things I had read on here, but I must say I have been pleasantly surprised that I have had no problems whatsoever. I haven't even noticed it slowing the computer down like McAfee did when it was updating. In my opinion, I would have to say it is better. Hope you have the same experience!

McAfee - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I am glad I am not the only one who noticed a severe speed reduction during the "minutes" that there was the little "c" covering the McAfee shield. I would usually just get up and go to the bathroom or whatever while it updated. Sometimes it was fast, but other times it took a while.

Similar Messages:

McAfee
May 28, 2010

Anyone getting message that McAfee subscription has expired and to notify system administrator?  I am using a company computer . ...

Anyone Know Where To Load McAfee
Feb 14, 2010

Have a laptop I want to load McAfee on.  We used to have a download available on Qnet, but Qnet is no longer there on the old Medquist web site.  Anyone know where it might be now? ...

My McAfee Virus Scan Subscription Runs Out
Dec 03, 2009

at the end of December.  I know it is not the best scanner.  Need opinions on what else is out that that is good.  I have heard bad things about Nortoon's.  McAfee and Norton's are really the only 2 that are advertised that you hear about.  Any opinions, suggestions, experiences???   TIA. ...

CHANGING JOBS/CHANGING EMPLOYEES
Feb 23, 2011

I have been applying and studying the "online transcription world" for about 2 months, so I realize I have am a neophyte. BUT-it seems to me that what is happening here is a huge waste of time and money. If the companies paid enough, ACTUALLY had work when they hire, were able to ACTUALLY pay the employees at all,  and treated employees well, then the transcriptionists wouldn't go looking for another job and leave.  THEN the companies wouldn't have to maintain recruiters, pos ...

Kaspersky's
Aug 29, 2012

Kaspersky's expiring in 5 days.  I remember reading a thread on here about others expiring and what they did but can't remember now.  I would e-mail boss but she never answers emails so thought I would ask here first.  Thanks and have a great MT day! ...

If Your Kaspersky Antivirus
Sep 09, 2012

call support, they will e-mail you the new # to get it renewed. The e-mail that told us they were "working on it" and not to call them is flat wrong. After mine expired, I got complained to my QC who told me to definitely call support.  Two minute conversation with support, and *boom* I was back up and running. ...

Expired Kaspersky
Sep 09, 2013

Has anyone had the misfortune to call SUPPORT and get Kaspersky re-licensed or whatever they need to do?  If so, what did they do?  Do they have to access your computer to update/re-license it?  I hate having to call them to begin with and even more so having them access my computer.  I'm assuming this is something we can't take care of on our own right? ...

Kaspersky Question
Oct 13, 2014

I've always had Kaspersky antivirus and then one day last week I noticed it was gone.  I don't know what happened to it.  Does everybody else still have it?   ...

Kaspersky Antivirus
Feb 17, 2015

I have Kaspersky antivirus on my laptop. I'm getting kind of afraid of keeping it based on what I read regarding the spying and it being owned by Russia, etc. Please respond if you are truly a tech person. Thank you.   News for kaspersky Reuters Russian researchers expose breakthrough US spying program Reuters - 20 hours ago Kaspersky said it found personal computers in 30 countries infected with one or more of the spying programs, with the most infections seen in&nbs ...

Kaspersky - Freezes On My Computer
May 04, 2010

everyday around 9:30 am Kaspersky updates and everything freezes on my computer while it is updating.  Anyone know ways around this.  I called tech support and they said they can't change the time it updates.  This drives me CRAZY! I can't do anything for about 10 minutes each morning because of this stupid thing.  ARRRGGGG ...

Kaspersky Antivirus Not Working
Apr 18, 2013

Any one else having problems with the antivirus not working. I have had them work on the computer. I have virus coverage but it does not update anymore like it used to every day.  Had a file deleted that supposedly blocked it. I just hate calling those techs again and trying to communicate. ...

MModal Kaspersky Update?
Sep 05, 2013

Can someone tell me what the ID and password is that we use for MModal to do the Kaspersky update?  Thanks. ...

HELP! Just Noticed My Kaspersky Is Expired
Jan 12, 2014

Any one know how to update it.  i can't find a link on MModal Central.  They used to have a link in the software repository. ...

Kaspersky Update-does Anyone's Work?
Feb 27, 2015

Mine still has a message with a yellow flag saying license expired. ...

Kaspersky - How To Turn Kasperksy Back On?
Aug 24, 2011

Can someone please tell me how to turn Kasperksy back on.  I turned it off temporarily due to a bad lag in my text showing up and now cannot figure out how  (where to go,what the steps are, etc) to turn it back on.  Thank you!! ...

How To Get Into The Mmodal Intranet To Update My Kaspersky?
Sep 24, 2013

Can anyone tell me (so I don't have to call tech help) how to get into the Mmodal Intranet to update my Kaspersky?  Thanks ...

Kaspersky LANDesk License About To Expire - Anyone Else?
Feb 22, 2015

x ...

Kaspersky - Problem With Keyboard Functions And Audio Being Slow And Stuttering
Jan 23, 2010

I would still like to hear from anyone having a problem with keyboard functions and audio being slow and stuttering.  I have spent a great deal of time with support in the last couple of weeks and each person I speak to has a different suggestion.  A few weeks ago they installed Kaspersky because that is all that is available to us now and for the first few days, things were okay, now slow and stuttering again.  Now they are telling me my ISP service is too slow even though it is now several ...

Another Example Of How MT Is Changing
May 06, 2010

Position available for full-time EMR Transcriptionist/Medical Assistant Applicants must have some EXPERIENCE in Electronic Medical Records data entry to qualify. Medical Assistant skills are necessary. For example, how to put on an EKG. Other important skills and qualifications of the ideal candidate are: Strong data entry skills - accuracy is also very important Good patient and people skills Dependable and a good team player ...

WMX - Changing From FT To PT ?
Jun 25, 2011

Does anyone know if you have to request your PTO be paid out when you change status?  I know we don't accrue PTO as PT so I would assume they would.  Just didn't know if I should request those hours on next payperiod or not.  Communication now is rather sketchy, so I thought I would ask here first.  ...

Changing TSM
Jul 03, 2014

What are the chances of changing TSMs or accounts?  I am on an account that has a lousy ESL who won't budge on his "speaking better".  I can never get the man right.  Always, always have errors on his reports.  Told my TSM that if I didn't understand and left blanks, would probably end up the whole thing being blank. ...

I Got In Trouble For Not Changing 1st, 2nd Etc
Oct 23, 2009

I always thought it was optional to spell out 1st, 2nd, or 3rd per AAMT BOS so now I will go look for it.  I am so frustrated though because not only do I get paid less on ASR but it takes longer to do it!  My accounts have to be put into standards and the dictators sure as heck do NOT dictate it that way!  On the physical exam in one of my accounts we have to do headings caps on the left margin, which isn't so bad, but I said they sure as heck don't dictate that way and ...

Changing Transcription
Jan 18, 2010

I recently discovered that another employee has been making changes to transcription that carries my initials along side the doctor's initials, which indicates me as the transcriptionist. I feel that this is not only inappropriate, but possibly also illegal. Is it illegal for someone to change transcription done by someone else without their knowledge and/or permission? Can I be held responsible for her changes within my reports? I do have copies of my original transcripti ...

Changing Professions
Feb 28, 2010

This message is to everyone who posts on this board, especially those who are advising/telling others to get out of the medical transcription field.  It seems that things have changed overnight with voice recognition and electronic charting but it is still very new and probably too soon to tell for sure how it will impact us.  Many of you are imagining the worst and every directive from a company or news item that appears is taken out of context and blown out of proportion by certain p ...

Changing CCM/Region
Sep 07, 2010

I was switched to new accounts back in March, a group of long-term subacute hospitals with the same name and locations all over the country.  HIGH HIGH ESL.  Most of the notes barely 30 seconds long, if that.  They are the worst money accounts possible with more time spent on ADT than typing because the notes are so short.  The ONLY good thing is that I rarely ever run out of work.  My income has gone down over 40% since being put on these accounts.  I ask ...

WMX And Changing Shifts
Sep 04, 2011

If you find you aren't happy with the shift you hired on for, do you have to wait 90 days to ask for a change?  Do you just ask your  manager or is there a request form you need to submit?  TIA. ...

Changing Gears
Dec 14, 2011

Well, here I am-45, recently lost my job due to one of the big MTSOs taking over at the hospital I worked at, and I am seriously considering going back to school.  I was thinking medical reimbursement and coding, but have been reading on some posts about that profession going the same way transcription has.  I would hate to put all of the time, effort, and money into another degree, just to be in the same boat in a couple of years, yet older and even more uneasy about changing to anoth ...

Changing To Something Besides Healthcare
May 20, 2012

Well, I've done it -- I've changed to something else for work other than anything in healthcare. I was an MT for many years, and I can't see any future for decent earnings, benefits or growth unless a person wants to be in direct patient care -- if they can even break into it after all of the hard work to earn another degree. I do have a university degree and changed to a job that pertains to that degree. I have seen many organizations go to Epic, which is an excellent system by t ...

Changing Schedule
Jun 11, 2012

Anybody being asked to change their schedule to a "weekend component or four 10 hour days?" ...

Changing Jobs
Jul 09, 2012

I work for Medscribe right now and just had to take a pay cut (gasp)!  I am seriously thinking about changing jobs but I have been here for 5 years and hate to lose my PTO accrual rate and great schedule.  (M-F flex 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.)  Also, I fear the grass is not greener on the other side.  Our work load has diminished greatly over the past few months and I have a huge fear about this.  What would you do?? I have 13 years experience in transcription and this is the wors ...