A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

to send a cover letter, that is the question - OlderMT

Posted: Mar 06, 2012

If a company says send a resume, do you automatically send a cover letter too, or skip it?  I'm old school and it seems wrong to not send a cover letter.  On the other hand, they are probably busy and don't have time to read it.  This company is not actively hiring, but they say they are always interested in qualified MTs.  TIA

I always send a cover letter just because otherwise it's a random resume .. - hope that helps (nm)

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Yes - Anonymous

[ In Reply To ..]
My advice would be to send a cover letter even if they only request a resume. Years ago, I applied for an MT with a local hospital and was told later that I didn't get an interview because I didn't include a cover letter with my resume. That was years ago but it still seems to be standard practice. It gives the employer a chance to asses your grammar skills.

I always send a cover - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Cover Letter Suggestions Please.
Jun 30, 2012

I am trying to write a cover letter for a job that was advertised in the newspaper.  The ad just says Medical Secretary, must have experience in the medical field.  It just gives a phone number.  When I called the number it gives a fax number.  I know for a fact that it is for Radiology by googling the #.  I have twenty years transcribing radiology.  Does anyone have any suggestions in what to include in my cover letter so it will stand out.  I have not worked ...

Where Do You Send MQ Offer Letter
Sep 14, 2011

does anybody know where this is supposed to be sent?  There was no provided envelope like the letter said. ...

Not Sure What To Do. I Had An Interview On Monday And She Said She Would Send Me An Offer Letter.
Aug 03, 2011

I waited all day Monday and nothing came, so I emailed her yesterday ...... still nothing, no response whatsoever.  I hate to keep pestering her but I was given a start date of 8/8, so I need to get the paperwork faxed, install date setup, training scheduled, etc.   Part of me says to give it another day and then call her and another part of me says that this is a sign and just move on to something else.   Any ideas? ...

How Do You Send The Question? Typed It, But What Do I Check To Send It?
Apr 17, 2013

nm ...

MS WORD HELP. Will Not Begin Sentence With First Letter In All Caps Anymore, Also The Letter "
Dec 20, 2009

A few weeks ago, for no reason that I can find, I cannot get the first letter of a sentence to be in all caps automatically, (unless I do it manually.)  The same for the letter " I " by itself when typed.   It was always automatic and now all of a sudden it is doing this and I cannot figure out how to change it back. Has anybody else had this problem, if so, how did you fix it? Thanks, appreciate the help ...

Would That TAA Thing Cover Something Like This?
Mar 27, 2010

The university down the street will be offering an undergraduate degree in Arabic.  It is one of only 3 offer in this country.  Now THAT ought to be useful.  Sometimes, if you already have an undergraduate degree, they let you skip the basics and finish in 2 yrs.  I would certainly consider that, especially since there appears to be no end in sight to our troubles with Arab-speaking countries. ...

What Exactly Is Liability Going To Cover An MT For? Sm
Sep 03, 2013

I've been hearing a lot about needing to possibly now have liability insurance but what are we being insured against? Liability for what? A mistake in the report? I've always been under the impression that the doctors are supposed to be reading their reports before signing and if they sign it with a mistake, that is THEIR responsibility. ...

S/l Covet/cover? Osteotomy
Feb 08, 2011

"I do not know what kind of covert osteotomy was done." ...

Looking For A Specific Keyboard Cover
Apr 27, 2015

Does anyone know of a company that sells custom covers for split keyboards?  I have a Goldtouch I got off of eBay a couple of months ago and I need a cover.  Sick of it getting dust bunnies.  TIA ...

Pt With Bronchitis. Gave Her A Z-Pak To Cover For S/l Atypicals
Nov 16, 2009

:-) ...

Dr Is Saying S/l Tijacillin Or Tichacillin To Cover ORSA
Dec 10, 2009

Any ideas.  It does not sound like he is saying ticarcillin which I did find googling.  Thx. ...

What Type Of Information Do You Put In Your Cover Letters? (sm)
Feb 11, 2011

I generally introduce myself with my name, state how long I have been a MT and just a very short overview of my experience, as well as position I am seeking, IC, for instance.  My cover letter is only 5 lines.  Is this the norm for everyone else?  When I first typed my cover letter I did some research and it stated to make the letter as short as possible and to highlight your "strong" points.  Just curious ... thanks for any opinions, advice, etc. ...

Eye Exam Cover Test Noted To Be S/l Autophoric.. TIA
Jun 01, 2011

autophoric?? Thanks.   ...

Does Nuance FT Insurance Cover Domestic Partners?
Jan 06, 2012

I'm a FT Webber and think I've heard something about this, but can't seem to find in the insurance info. Thank you! ...

The Future Of Coding The Cover Story Of For The Record Mag
Jan 28, 2012

Timely! Computer-aided coding and its impact upon the coding job market is the feature story of the just-released For The Record magazine. Some excerpts: "...From what I've heard from those hospitals for years now is that it's not that they need fewer coders."  Instead, Bronnert sees coders being used more effectively and at a higher skill level.  "They become even more valuable to a facility.  I don't see their roles or positions diminishing at all.  I see ...

Mmodal's Insurance, UHC, Doesn't Cover DepoProvera Shots.
Jul 03, 2012

What a crock!!  My old insurance covered contraceptives for women.  On UHC's page, it says the new law requires they cover women's contraceptives August 1st.  You'd think they'd do it anyway because birth control is a heck of a lot cheaper than obstetrical care...  Ticks me off. ...

Has Anyone Heard Of "All Bat" It Sounds Like It Is An Artificial Skin Cover For Burns. NM
Oct 27, 2009

x ...

Where To Send W-4? Anyone?
Aug 04, 2010

Need to change my federal tax withholding.  Filled out new W4, but can't find anywhere on MQ Central that says where to send it.  Anyone know? ...

Do You Ever Send Anything
Aug 11, 2010

:) ...

What To Send To QA And When To Not?
Apr 06, 2011

Can anyone tell me what I should be sending to QA or if I even should be.  I get tired of getting docked for something they cannot even figure out but yet it is me who gets the pay cut.  I am afraid to send anything to them because most of the time QA sends it back to me not knowing what they said either.  ...

When To Send To QA?!
Sep 21, 2011

After getting mixed messages as to how many blanks in a report are needed in order to be automatically sent to QA, I finally have the final number of needing a minimum of 5 blanks.   But because I am new at this field, I find myself with reports of 1 or 2 blanks that are of something that someone with more experience would know. Operative reports have all sorts of instrumentation that I just do not know and trying to look them up from what I hear just doesn't yield any reliable resul ...

Would You Send Your...
Sep 05, 2012

references at the time you apply for an MT position?  I see a company asking for that on the job board and wondered how one would get around that.  There is no way I would send that until I was offered a position first.  Or am I just out of touch? ...

I Wonder When TSM BK Will Send Out Her
Aug 15, 2013

on-call back-up MTs for the Labor Day weekend? Makes me laugh. She always expects this unforeseen deluge of reports because, gosh, you just never can tell when those doctors will start dictating hundreds of reports over the holiday.  Way too inexperienced to be in her positon.  Obviously never an MT or she would not even begin to ask for extra help during a holiday. Never enough work for those that are scheduled and then also for the following week.  ...

When Do You Send To QA
Apr 18, 2014

If you have 10 reports all with blanks, when do you determine a report is routed to QA versus striaght to the client?  How many out of 10 would you say you send?   ...

IC Tax - Have To Send Out 1099?
Jan 28, 2010

Was considering working for a company that says they hire IC.  Can anyone tell me, if an MTSO is hiring ICs, to they have to send out 1099s to all their ICs at the end of the year, or is it up to the IC to keep track of?  ...

I Wish We Could Send A Report Through With
Apr 05, 2010

one sentence. YOU HAVE TO REDICTATE THIS REPORT BECAUSE THE AUDIO IS SUCH CRAP THAT I COULD ONLY HEAR EVERY OTHER WORD AT BEST.   Seriously! I have a 255s discharge summary right now and the static is SO bad that I can only hear every other word, and sometimes not even that much.  How am I supposed to deal with that?  We should not have to struggle through reports like this where the audio is the problem.  There should be a way to kick it back to the client or something w ...

Reminder To Self: Do Not Send Anything To QA!
May 03, 2010

Okay, it was the end of the week and on my very last document I had 1 word that I could not get - so I sent it to QA.  Lo and behold!  The entire document was picked apart for ridiculous things and some things were even changed incorrectly.  All that and my blank space WAS NOT even filled in!  No more QA for me! ...

24 French Send
Feb 02, 2011

fem-pop bypass:  doc saying 24 french "send" very clearly.  I tried to make myself hear "stent," but that's not it.  books are still in storage, cannot verify "send."  Anyone?  TIA ...

First Time Right - Send To QA Without Getting A Pay Cut
Mar 14, 2011

Wow - I never really paid much attention to this - I don't send much to QA - but I just ran some numbers and realized how very little you can send to QA without getting a pay cut - geesh - I mean I hardly send anything and the one week it came out to 4.75% - I'll be more cognizant of it from here on out that's for sure. ...

Safety Send
Apr 11, 2013

Has anyone used Safety Send for their email/FTP needs? If so, were you happy with them? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!! ...