A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

We all need encouragement. - Mom22dogs

Posted: Feb 10, 2013

Hi all!.  I have been perusing this site for a while now, and would like to say a few things. 

A lot of people are struggling right now through no fault of their own.  They come here to get things off of their chest and to hopefully find a little support from fellow transcriptionists.  A lot of times what they get is hostility, name calling, etc.    You never know what else is going on in someone's life at the time they post.  Sure, there are people who want to get something for nothing, but I firmly believe that the majority of people WANT to put in a good day's work and get compensated fairly.  If you're doing well right now, that's great!  Good for you!  But to come on and state how well you are doing in response to someone who is struggling is like rubbing salt in an open wound!  Why do it?  Why not offer support instead?

I really believe the economic and job situation these days have everyone's nerves on edge, and I believe that we should hold each other up.

Thank you. That's all. Just thank you :) - wheres_my_job

[ In Reply To ..]
who knows what 2013 holds for us, for the world? we don't know. So it helps to be nice to each other in our struggles. My opinion too :)

I agree with wheres_my_job!....sm - LoveMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I too believe that the overall economic situation of our nation has everyone's nerves on edge, and for some of us more so in this industry, especially with so many new "changes" being implemented with the companies we work for. Some of those changes are positive (albeit few) and some of them are negative.

I also agree that to respond to a post where someone's having a bad time of it by stating how good we might be doing is only adding insult to injury. We could very well be in that person's shoes 1 week from now, 6 months from now, or even tomorrow. As fellow MTs, we should band together and support each other, regardless of the circumstances and whether those circumstances are good or bad.

I love MT! I haven't formed an opinion of the "new" company that I'm now working for because of a merger or buyout or whatever it was. I'm simply taking it one day at a time and if it turns out to be a bad thing, then I'll start looking elsewhere. If not, then I'll stick with where I'm at. And last but not least, I hate what the economy and big corporations have done to the MT industry, BUT I still love MT!

one-sided view? - mt33

[ In Reply To ..]
I agree with you except - what I HEAR is a one-sided, we should support each other. When someone comes on and is happy that they've landed a good job or that they had a high line count or that their job is still one they can make a living off of, they don't come here to gloat. They normally come here with the intent to show that there's hope, that there's still something positive, that good things can and do still happen and yet they get witch slapped.

So if we're going to be Suzy Sunshines and toast pink unicorns, how about we do that across the board instead of just to those who are struggling *SOME* through no fault of their own.

why turn it into a fight... another example of a - positive negative post

[ In Reply To ..]
Why stereotype it to Suzy Sunshines and pink unicorns? Why cant you just say something nice and STOP?

Yes, I agree that many who post about - Mom22dogs

[ In Reply To ..]
.....their successes are just trying to be encouraging, and we should be happy for them. However I have seen some posts where people have been called lazy by people who are doing well because they post about their struggles. I don't believe that most of them are lazy.

Hey, I like witches! - wheres_my_job

[ In Reply To ..]
Let's not bash people who are Wiccan or follow other similar spiritual paths. A woman was just accused of being a witch in Nigeria, was tortured and burned to death.

Let's not bring witches into it, thank you.

LOL! Had to pass the censor test :) - Blessed B

[ In Reply To ..]
OK, ya made me laugh.
What censor? - wheres_my_job
[ In Reply To ..]
no one's deleted your post. I merely responded to it. That's not censorship - that's communication.
well there ya go - Blessed b
[ In Reply To ..]
I gave you an explanation and was deleted :) Point proven (the censorship point.) Pointless now to explain further, right?

These posts have stayed the same for years now - PR

[ In Reply To ..]
so saying the economy and job situation now has everybody's nerves on edge just does not cut what I have read year after year. The posts I think are actually a little nicer than in years past. Do not think as many people here as used to be say 5 or more years ago and the posting could get very heated then. The posts are not that different as far as not enough work, low pay and the constant griping but if anything the work situation is worse, not better and yet people still sitting around hoping for the best.

A little encouragement goes a LONG way - StoicMT

[ In Reply To ..]
While I completely agree with the OP and follow up comments, I am one of those who believes the "glass is half full" no matter how difficult times may become. Yes there are some horrible stories that can be told, and there are some triumphs and successful accomplishments that can be shared. After all, we are all just human beings and trying to earn a living. That can be said whether it is 2013 or 2003.

Thank God You Have A Job.

Similar Messages:

Encouragement
Nov 12, 2009

First of all I have to say that the replies I received from my first post were very disheartening. Honestly I don't feel that your words were coming from a helping nature but rather from a selfish one by pushing others, trying to excel in this business, out of the way because you've been there and don't feel it has a need for new MT's.  Sorry your wrong! This is a growing industry and I feel sad for you that you've been working it so long that you are bitter. Don't ...

A Little Encouragement For The New
Apr 01, 2010

So I graduated in January of 09, it is March of 10 now. I have applied and tested with SEVERAL companies to no avail. Today I just received a mail to interview at the hospital where I did my externship for an MT position. The recruiter told me that I am her first choice out of the gate since I did a good job and I got such a good reference from the woman who supervised me during that time. I don't have the job yet and something may happen who knows, but here is my encouragement. Do not get ...

No Encouragement
Dec 30, 2012

Is it just me or is Nuance a company that discourages help from another MT for word finding, etc.?  It is a joke.  No one to IM, no one to ask.  I say to the QA that feed the info Fiesa, scre* you all!  You ding us just to keep your hourly pay sitting there all day. ...

A Word Of Encouragement
Jun 26, 2014

Just about a year ago, I was fired/laid off from M-Modal because I had missed so much work because I was diagnosed with ovarian cancer.  I had undergone months of chemotherapy after a pelvic exenteration which nearly killed me.  Thus, when I could work, I was not very productive.  Anyway, M-Modal decided to go ahead and fire me me, knowing they could discharge my lawsuit in their bankruptcy (which they did.) I was pretty scared.  I did not know then whether or not I would re ...

Encouragement And/or Opinions Wanted
Feb 27, 2010

Hey all, I'm seriously thinking about dropping MQ and transcription in general as the outlook looks grim.  I was thinking of going to school as a pharmacist.  If anybody knows what such job is like and can give me their opinion and maybe some encouragement to make such a move, I would appreciate it.  TIA! ...