A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Venting - common sense - 1mt

Posted: Feb 24, 2011

I swear, these so-called intelligent doctors have no common sense at all.  Let's see how much noise we can have in the backgroun and talk as fast as we possibly can to see if the transcriptionist can get my dictaion right. This guy talks so fast I don't even know how he can get the words clearly out of his mouth, then he must have called someone on speaker phone because I can hear the phone ringing and ringing and ringing, and then his pager goes off which of course he pulls closer to him to look at it.  All the while continuing to talk like speedy gonzales.  Don't they realize that any noise is going to be recorded, not just their voice??  Oh wait, let's also stand next to someone else who is also dictating.  Ooohhh, I just want to scream.  As part of training, all dictators should be forced to listed to their dictation to get a sense of what others (us) have to listen to. 

I could continue on and on, but venting over so I can get back to typing Mr. Speedy Common Senseless. 

Sun Chips - Em

[ In Reply To ..]
When Sun Chips switched their bags back from the compostable ones, I was SO happy. I have a doctor who eats them every day, out of the bag, and I was ready to . . .

LOL that makes me cringe just thinking about the sound!!! -

[ In Reply To ..]

Sometimes I think they do it on purpose, because - they all hate to dictate. Passive aggression. nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

DUH! COMMON SENSE TIP OF THE TIP
Jan 08, 2015

During your search for work, if you see a "transcription company" seeking one of us for immediate work due to falling desperaetly behind on contracts, check some of the MT forums. If MT's are trashing said "transcription company" and you see a lengthy, detailed defensive response from said "transcription company"; think......maybe the reason the said "transcription company" is behind on their contracts is because they are not utilizing someone, who has the time and ability to reply at great ...

Common Practice
Jan 11, 2012

Is is common practice if you are placed on hold to pay them back 3/4 of your pay?? Is everything out there like this? ...

Common Errors
Apr 12, 2012

PLEASE NO NEGATIVE FEEDBACK!  This is truly meant to be helpful, not snotty, threatening, or negative so I expect the same in return. Military time:  Lately I have seen a lot of reports where people are inserting colons in military time.  Colons are NOT used for military time unless the hour, minute, AND seconds are given.  If the CP states that time is transcribed "3:00 a.m." this is for "regular" time and not military time. Spacing:  TWO spaces after periods that end ...

What Happened To Common Courtesy
Dec 22, 2011

I have a friend who had an accident last weekend, an MT, broke her right arm and right lower leg, she called and left a voice mail wtih her supervisor because she had no other way to contact her on the weekend.  She then called again Monday morning before going back for surgery on her leg and left another VR for the supervisor, her daughter followed up with an e-mail explaining what had happened and do you believe this company has not even acknowledge it, not even to say we are so sorry, ho ...

The Common Carotid Was Encircled With A
Mar 26, 2012

xx ...

Common Hyphen Error
Nov 03, 2012

I used to teach grammar and I now do MT work.  One of the most common hyphen errors lies in the short arm cast, long arm cast. This does not get hyphenated.  By hyphenating it (short-arm cast), one is actually stating there's also a long arm.  It's a short (or long) cast that is worn on the arm, not a cast for a short arm or a long arm.   ...

I JUST DON'T GET IT....VENTING
Mar 02, 2010

How can an MTSO which whom an MT has an actual contract suddenly decide to impose new rules, penalties and fines without actually negotiating a new contract?  Is this really legal? This is in response to the new HITECH law, but I think that HITECH is just a scapegoat that the company is using to do what they always wanted to do.  I don't want to mention the name of the MTSO because I am too scared to do so at this point, and I have not made any HIPAA errors that I am aware of, bu ...

Doc Venting
Mar 25, 2010

yesterday at the end of a chart, one of my docs starts going off on the general state of the world, the state of healthcare, etc.  He said he couldn't wait to get out of this *beepity beep* profession and then apologized to me because he knew my job was on the fast track to nowhere.  Also said many of his staff were being sent home due to low census and cutbacks on hours/pay.  (Remember that nurses/techs are in BIG DEMAND according too all the gov't w ...

Just Venting!
Aug 17, 2011

I had such a bad day today and am feeling quite sorry for myself.  I cannot believe I have been doing this for so long and am making so little money.  I tried to look up things online about the transcription business and came across an article that was pretty interesting.  It's pretty much what everyone says on this site all the time, but in case anyone would like to read the article, it is at mttoolsonline.com/2011/01/26.  I am really ready to leave this ...

Just Venting Here.......
Jul 31, 2012

OK....this is what really pisses me off.....we are asked to "know" 75 pages of acct. specificis, 20+ pages of MTS specifics and the BOS, PLUS each individual acct. has their own way they want things, plus being "English Majors" for these reports and you are only paying us 4 cpl!!!?   I used to LOVE this job field but am really starting to hate it.  Been doing this for 15 years.  I hope it all gets outsourced to India so the docs really have something to complain about, then I ...

Venting About QA
Jul 30, 2013

Gotta vent while awaiting manager response.  I do this report yesterday that required a cosigner, who I could not understand the name of.  The resident goes on to say the name of the cosigner again at the end of the report, but I still could not understand it (ESL).  I pend the report because of lack of knowing who the cosinger was and today I did one of those wonderful CPSE cirtical error emails because I did not put in the cosigner.  It gets better, the QA puts in ...

NJA ~ Still Venting
Sep 12, 2013

Something else ~ since I have no work during my scheduled shift.   I too got an email from my TSM (or whatever they are called now) asking if I could change my Wednesday to Sunday.   Thought it was strange just out of the blue, but as I sit here with no work and barely enough to get my time in yesterday, I am starting to wonder something.   Do y'all think that India requested more work during the week and that is why they are scrambling around asking for us to ...

Venting!
Sep 19, 2013

No responses needed.. I just have to vent in the middle of this dictation where the dictator, a nurse, whispers the whole way through the dictation (not just this one but all of her dictations) and says "uh" at least 4 or 5 times per sentence in this very long dictation. I am ready to pull my hair out! Thanks for listening!!! ...

VENTING
Sep 18, 2014

ARGH! Doing a LONG report and this doc must've gotten NO sleep last night b/c she is constantly trying to dictate THROUGH HER YAWNING....soooo frustrating. Also, I consistently get outstanding audits and after over 10 yrs with MModal, MedQuist, whoever they were before that (can't remember), I have yet to get employee of the month....WTH?! Soooo over this job and this company! P.S. I really like my current supervisor...even though the working conditions keep getting worse, I feel like ...

Oferax ? In Rt Common Femoral Artery
Oct 29, 2009

Wow!!!  This is an angiogram of carotids via femoral artery.......cannot find this anywhere!!! ...

Help!! OP Report S/l Vena Common Tantes Sm
Apr 27, 2010

Surgery report The ulnar nerve was freed up.  The 2 heads of the flexor carpi ulnaris were identified.  The "vena common tantes" were protected.  ?? I have no clue. ...

Common Bile Duct Exploration
Dec 15, 2011

This is for doing a common bile duct exploration:  The common bile duct is slightly enlarged.  No other s/l piditive obstructive lesions are demonstrated.    Thanks for any help! ...

Is It Common To Not Be Able To Meet Line Counts?
Feb 13, 2013

Is it common to not be able to meet line counts at Nuance? I have been there close to 3 months and cannot make my line count basically due to having some many ESLs and having to correct so many things in VR. Very frustrated!! ...

No Autocorrect Or Grammer Check - Is This Common?
May 17, 2014

Is it common to NOT have tab functions, auto correct, or a grammar checker on a  "transcription program".    We just got Inscribe and it is about as basic as it comes, not Word comparable - not even close - without tabs, Autocorrect or grammar check. I feel like I'm in the dark ages here.    ...

Lately The Doctors Have Been Spelling Out So Many Common Words
Jun 11, 2014

Lately the doctors have been spelling out so many common words, some are even enunciating fully now, which is nice, the enunciating not the spelling, that wastes my time..Makes me think that our out of country counterparts are maybe messing up in a HUGE way..Most of us know the words/phrases/slang they use and fix it. I just see so much in docqumanage that makes my jaw drop. ...

Venting About Confusion
Apr 16, 2010

This is what this doc says:  Certainly if there is any rhythms increase, worsen, blah, you know, whatever (chuckles), we will reevaluate at that time.  It doesn't make any sense and I don't even know what to type.  I'll probably get dinged on something by trying to make it make sense.  He's making me crazy.  ...

I Shouldn't Have Taken This Job (venting)
Oct 21, 2010

I actually like the job. The dictators are fine. I'm a month into the job and now in the comfort zone, past the breaking-in period. But this is my first time doing voice recognition, and the pay is too low.  I really didn't have any experience in knowing an acceptable rate for VR. It is my fault for accepting the pay, because they told me what the pay was before I accepted the job. I'm not trying to blame my job at all.  But I was just too eager to be getting a ...

MT Venting -- I Know I Am Not Perfect But...
Jul 27, 2011

I have been observing a lot of comments made on this board and have heard many comments from others about the MT profession across the Internet.  Sadly, most comments ring loud and clear with the all too familiar vibe, such as:  “Times are tough” and “You have to make adjustments” during these tough economic times.  Yes I get that part of it.  I also work at a MTSO and I know from firsthand experience that it can be tough -- especially when our pa ...

VENTING - PET PEEVE
Jul 18, 2012

I just have to vent.....the thing that I cannot stand most about this job - even more than the pay, the lack of work, etc....is when the dictator CHEWS GUM when he/she is dictating.  The sound of someone smacking their gum, whether in person or on the phone, makes me CRAZY.  I am positive they do not do this in front of patients or other doctors...but since we aren't 'real people' to them...they just smack away.  I can barely get through the report.  OK.  ...

Venting About MTSOs
May 17, 2013

I'm looking for things I can take to a pawn shop to hock today in an effort to pay my electric bill before shut off so I can keep working. I'm forced into bankruptcy and ask risk of losing my home due to the miniscule illegal wages we are paid for editing. The MTSO has not even responded to my last questions about account preferences, and notification of a technical error in the software, yet has the nerve to send me a snarky email bitching about my 100% accurate report for a mistake ...

How Are We Supposed To .....?!?! (Venting)
May 22, 2013

Verify our pay when we have no idea what the breakdown of the production incentive is??  (Better me, Better we....HAH) At least with Webmedx everything was laid out, tier by tier....  I was able to set goals and achieve them, not now though. This is just stupid.      ...

Venting About Nuance
Sep 07, 2013

I just finished a day where half it was spent on an ESL dictators doing short progress notes using VR, so had to change almost EVERYTHING.   No lines to speak of.  Had to pend almost all of them because some of the ESLs just do not enunciate numbers and heaven forbid you make a mistake.  EVERYTHING is the transcriptionist's fault.   I worked in hospitals for around 20 years.   In the hospital you could use your expander for speed and got&nbs ...

Venting About Some Responses
Nov 05, 2013

I keep seeing responses here saying they have no idea why people are upset over VR coming or EMR showing up, etc. etc. Why people are down on this profession.  Does anybody LOVE to earn poverty wages?  Do people look forward to losing their homes? DUH........ Who are these people who post these statements? Are they the ones with the husbands who support them and they haven't a worry in the world. I often feel like turning around and saying:  "I have no idea why some peopl ...

Just Felt Like Venting
Nov 12, 2013

I am so sick of getting emails daily from TSM and QC regarding new updates, changes, complaints!  Its not our fault that things with this new updated, state of the art fluency platform are not updated correctly, that should have been done by them before we started typing!  Quit holding me back by having to read, read, read more changes, etc.  I hate what transcription has become, I remember the days where I just sat and typed and never, ever heard from my supervisor back then. &nb ...

Copying Common In Electronic Medical Records Sm
Jan 05, 2013

http://health.yahoo.net/news/s/nm/copying-common-in-electronic-medical-records ...